Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS5 - first photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:15 PM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Had really high expectations... not quite fulfilled...! the weels are absolutely terrible, I mean the standard rs4 and c6 rs6 wheels were fabulous! the rear is SCREAMING GranTurismo S, which is a beautiful car, but just makes the rs5 rear a bit of a dissapointment in the sense of it not being anything completely new.

Speaking of the underpowered, heavy granturismo s... The NA V8 with "only" 450hp (Granturismo S has 440) in the rs5 unfortunately puts it in the same league. As I said, the maserati is way underpowered (fully aware of the fact its a GT).

This is how the S5 should have come stock! 354hp and its weight made it a slouch.

Not very impressed overall with Quattro GmbH! Doesnt deserve the RS badge in my book!
But lets wait until we've driven it!

Old 02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Had really high expectations... not quite fulfilled...! the weels are absolutely terrible, I mean the standard rs4 and c6 rs6 wheels were fabulous! the rear is SCREAMING GranTurismo S, which is a beautiful car, but just makes the rs5 rear a bit of a dissapointment in the sense of it not being anything completely new.

Speaking of the underpowered, heavy granturismo s... The NA V8 with "only" 450hp (Granturismo S has 440) in the rs5 unfortunately puts it in the same league. As I said, the maserati is way underpowered (fully aware of the fact its a GT).

This is how the S5 should have come stock! 354hp and its weight made it a slouch.

Not very impressed overall with Quattro GmbH! Doesnt deserve the RS badge in my book!
the Mas is ALL about looks.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:42 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
looks great to me, maybe not supercar power but it should be nice and quick. i still wish it would have a 'real' sunroof but their coupes do not. my guess on pricing is that it will be similar to the rs4 which was in the low $70's...no reason this should be more expensive than the m3 which is also in that range all loaded up...

Old 02-20-2010, 04:51 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
im actually glad the v8 was retained. lets hope the carbon buildup isnt!

Last edited by kosmo69; 02-20-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
over here it will be ~7,8k more expensive than the M3.
AWD, more horsepower, dual clutch, justified imho.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
CLOUT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by djantlive
I think the opposite. Turbos that make 450hp would have lag. Sequential setup are prone to failure. In general, i prefer NA engines.
nice to hear an opposing viewpoint, and I have only owned NA cars (one being a b7 rs4 currently). But with the carbon buildup being a problem on rs4's right now, I hope audi has tried to fix the problem. In the end, it still looks like it will be a awesome coupe

Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CLOUT
nice to hear an opposing viewpoint, and I have only owned NA cars (one being a b7 rs4 currently). But with the carbon buildup being a problem on rs4's right now, I hope audi has tried to fix the problem. In the end, it still looks like it will be a awesome coupe
I was starting to think all of the delays for the rs5 were due to Audi bringing her back to the drawing board to fix the carbon buildup issue. Here's hoping thats what they've been doing all this time.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Raydius is on a distinguished road
The marriage of the squarish fender flares and the signature swooping beltline actually looks half-hatched to me. I'm glad the flares are there, but execution is kind of poor.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Raydius is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zooyorker

What's kind of funny is that nobody questions the RS4 as being a proper 'RS' but even a regular S5 is a lighter car with better weight balance -- an RS5 should be a better performer than the RS4 all around assuming it has similar weight (or hopefully less) than the S5.

That being said, it's now 2010 and people expect more, especially when Merc, BMW, and even Lexus have already put in their 400+ entries 3 years ago. At least when Porsche gives you 450 naturally aspirated HP it's attached to a 3100 lb chassis.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Supercharged V6.

or v10....my guesses

Last edited by JonM; 02-20-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous, I just hope that unlike most dope cars from Ingolstadt that stay in Europe...... the RS5 actually makes it stateside!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:39 AM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
looks nice!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:35 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Looks nice with a gorgeous interior as expected, don't like the grill though (almost requires a front plate to make it presentable). More exterior differentiation with the S5 would be nice (fender flares). And it's underpowered by about 50 hp, unless they really cut some serious weight to compensate.

Last edited by AJag; 02-21-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:00 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AJag
Looks nice with a gorgeous interior as expected, don't like the grill though (almost requires a front plate to make it presentable). More exterior differentiation with the S5 would be nice (fender flares). And it's underpowered by about 50 hp, unless they really cut some serious weight to compensate.
take a closer look. The fenders are flared in the same manner as the RS6.
Only it's more difficult to see with the horizontal character line.
a car can never have enough horsepower, but the RS5 got 107BHP per Liter, so still pretty impressive imho.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AJag
... And it's underpowered by about 50 hp, unless they really cut some serious weight to compensate.
How can you say this when the engine/powertrain haven't officially been announced? Then again, with a GT2 and a Kleeman C63, I think it's safe to say that most any car might seem underpowered to what you're used to (nice stable).

Last edited by switchface; 02-21-2010 at 01:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Audi RS5 - first photos