Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi RS5 - first photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Christianl is on a distinguished road
That's insane, I'm not a fan of BMWs but they've definitely gotten a lot better all around.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:46 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cohenfive
car and driver just did a road test of rs5 vs cts-v and m3...they estimated a $90k price for the rs5..by the way, the m3 won with the rs5 coming in third (last). the sticker of the m3 was almost $80k, i had no idea you could get that sticker even close to the 80k mark.
Car & Driver is the biggest joke in the industry..........for starters, none of those said cars are in the same class! The M5 competes directly with the CTS-V and for Audi the S6 is closer in class than the RS5 coupe. And of course they picked the M3 as it's a proven fact that CD has the biggest stroke affair with BMW going back several years. They're a joke, and no one really takes them serious!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Car & Driver is the biggest joke in the industry..........for starters, none of those said cars are in the same class! The M5 competes directly with the CTS-V and for Audi the S6 is closer in class than the RS5 coupe. And of course they picked the M3 as it's a proven fact that CD has the biggest stroke affair with BMW going back several years. They're a joke, and no one really takes them serious!
agree that car and driver always had a love affair with Porsche and BMW. Audi always has had a hard time convincing them.
The RS5 with its new crowngear quattro is simply the better all around package (in all conditions) AND its looks kill.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 08-01-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
i'm still upset that the rear body and quarters are lacking.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
I agree, which is why its interesting that Audi has been boasting as of late that they've beat BMW in the last 3 C&D comparos (a6, q5, and s4).

Originally Posted by DYL 911
i'm still upset that the rear body and quarters are lacking.
Yeah, no sexy muscles like the rs4....and still no proper transmission. Save me the stats on how quick dual clutch transmissions are. I like to row.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The pricing is exorbitant in my opinion, as it always is for RS products....it will be priced a class above and comparable to E63, M5, and the price the RS6 should be. The CTS-V should actually be a class above but because of its in between size and good pricing its often compared to the class below.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 AM
TaylorMade411 will become famous soon enough
I love how everyone knocks the RS5 for being to tech heavy when thats is the point of the car. displaying their latest tech.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
That will work!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Other than all weather driving performance, and of course looks that should make knees tremble....I see no reason to pay $10k more to have this over an M3.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Looks are veeeeery important, probably more important than any other aspect today.
Looks are the main reason why people are willing to pay much more money on Astons than Porsches. There is no valid reason other than looks to spend so much more money on them and not on a Porsche. Porsches are light years better BUT not better looking.
Both, Audi and Aston, go down the same path and are pretty successful and i think the RS5 will sell because of its looks alone. But don`t get me wrong, Audi know their stuff, the RS5 should also be a performance beast. Both, M3 and RS5 are very close in terms of performance, but in looks?
I think the RS5 is the perfect mixture of elegance and brutality, but to each their own.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 08-06-2010 at 12:56 PM.