Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S8 incredible offer???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kabbanid
You have to drive it to feel it. I agree they come from two different world, but the sensation of driving a long big car that has the reaction and turning feeling of a small coupe is truly impressive.
I guess I'll just have to take your word on that one. IMO even my C2S and S4 are too heavy so I just don't have any interest in a car that weighs 4600 pounds.

Like I said before - if I needed a big sedan the S8 is right at the top of my list so why not make the deal. It's a more elegant car than the AMG or M rivals.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kabbanid
The Audi dealer where I live is selling a brand new 2008 S8 (in fact 6 of them) with no mileage at an incredible discount. The original asking price was USD 130,000 and the price is now USD 85,000.

The car has every imaginable option including the ceramic breaks and the B&O sound system.
A fully equipped S8 has an MSRP of approx. $116,500. However, a handful were fitted with the Special Option Package, (approx. 24K) which had an MSRP of approx. 140K. I doubt the cars in question have this option. Ceramic brakes were not offered on the S8. You should be able to purchase a preowned '09 for 85K.

Last edited by PCH; 02-22-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
kabbanid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PCH
A fully equipped S8 has an MSRP of approx. $116,500. However, a handful were fitted with the Special Option Package, (approx. 24K) which had an MSRP of approx. 140K. I doubt the cars in question have this option. Ceramic brakes were not offered on the S8. You should be able to purchase a preowned '09 for 85K.
PCH do you know what these Special Options are? I can not imagine any additional options that could be fitted to this car. These include:

- TV reception (analog)
- Boot lid power closing
- Servo locking doors
- B&O sound system
- Parking System with rear camera
- Extended leather trim, carbon and aluminum
- Volcano two tone leather
- Voice control
- Front sport seats
- Four corner air suspension
- Heated seats
- Advanced key (finger print function)
- Navigation
- DVD
- Car phone with bluetooth
- Light and rain sensor
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Ceramic brakes

I am not sure if some of these options normally come as a standard. But I can tell for example that it does not have lane assistance.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
A few of the items you mentioned area actually standard features. Additional options you missed are, four zone climate control, solar sunroof, cold weather package, technology package. As mentioned, ceramic brakes were not offered on the S8. Regarding the Special Option Package, I can't recall everything but it did include additional leather throughout, special contrast stitching, refrigerator etc.

Last edited by PCH; 02-22-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
I would be VERY weary about letting the dealership do the paint restoration if it needs it. They oftentimes use items that will leave the paint looking worse than ever once it wears off.

Not sure about ceramic brakes being an option, but make sure that they don't mean ceramic brake pads and are trying to pass them off as ceramic brake discs.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
I would be VERY weary about letting the dealership do the paint restoration if it needs it. They oftentimes use items that will leave the paint looking worse than ever once it wears off.

Not sure about ceramic brakes being an option, but make sure that they don't mean ceramic brake pads and are trying to pass them off as ceramic brake discs.
Yea I'd keep away from the paint restoration... They did that on my S and it didn't match up with the paint and looked absolutely terrible. If a paint restoration is necessary, I'd opt to keep away, but if its just a wash and wax, then it'll prob be alright. BTW, i dont even let my dealer wash the car anymore either, THEY fail at that too, professionally done is definitely worth it

Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Pictures

I went out today just to get you guys some pictures so you know better what I am talking about and the situations the cars are in.

Attached Images      
Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 PM
and some more pictures of the engine this time.

Attached Images     
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
wow those car look like there in terrible condition .

Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 AM
rodzam is infamous around these parts
Where is that dealer located?

Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by rodzam
PM sent

Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I think it's safe to say these cars aren't in the U.S

Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by nyamg
I think it's safe to say these cars aren't in the U.S
You are right!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 AM
wwb4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rodzam
I too am interested in knowing this information. If you could possibly PM the info. it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
great story i'm sure. did these cars 'fall off a truck' or something, hard to believe the dealer just forgot about them for a couple of years...they will need some work but for the right price might be a worthwhile purchase if you really want this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: S8 incredible offer???