Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Imola Project "750R" 3.01L Stroker GT2871R Audi S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:09 AM
imola s4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GT3Gavin
I think I am more impressed with the documentation of the whole process than the build itself.
There's been plenty of time for documentation considering the lengthy process

Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 AM
GT3Gavin is on a distinguished road
Haha, I'm sorry to hear that. How much longer should it take to get everything all done and everything?

Also, have you planned on changing the axles on the car? I know that the Polish S4 kept snapping them until he got Audi 100 axles.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Haha, I'm sorry to hear that. How much longer should it take to get everything all done and everything?

Also, have you planned on changing the axles on the car? I know that the Polish S4 kept snapping them until he got Audi 100 axles.
Yep I've decided on going against the "big name" Audi tuner companies judgement and go with my own drivetrain upgrades. Arek's Polish S4 ran a bone stock B5 S4 drivetrain even with over 1000 HP and multiple 9 second 1/4 mile passes, however his car only weighs in a very light 2400 lbs. My biggest concern is the rear differential as a full weight S4 thats making over 650 whp risk breaking the casing though I've finally found a reliable cheap alternative. USP went with the R34 GTR differential, but that's not an option for me. I don't see the need for it.

My immediate plans as of right now for the drivetrain:

01X Transmission (6 Speed)
A6/Allroad Rear Differential Casing w/ 4.11 S4 gears
DSS Front Axles
Raxle Rear Axles

Old 04-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Wow, that seems like a pretty solid route to take with the drive train. I can see R34 diffs being outrageous in price by bearing the name. What is this route going to cost you?

Also have you considered doing any weight reduction to your car or are you gonna run a full weight high 9s or low 10s car?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Wow, that seems like a pretty solid route to take with the drive train. I can see R34 diffs being outrageous in price by bearing the name. What is this route going to cost you?

Also have you considered doing any weight reduction to your car or are you gonna run a full weight high 9s or low 10s car?
The front axles from DSS are about $180, the raxle rear axles are about $700 though they come with lifetime warranty. If they break, they replace them. The transmission & rear diff is essentially free (just labor to swap the gears and rear seal the diff).

As far as weight reduction, it's not going to be a a "full weight" S4 but pretty close. I'll be shedding approximately 350 lbs. This includes a full A/C delete, lighter wheels, lighter brakes, lighter control arms (all around), lighter turbos (tial housings), lighter exhaust, lighter clutch/flywheel, lighter bumper (no crash bar) and a couple more misc things.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats sick man. I would like to see what this car will do compared to GURUMAN's from wf last year and other forums. On paper this car should blow his out of the water. All full weight body panels too? I know you could save a bunch of weight there if you wanted to.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Thats sick man. I would like to see what this car will do compared to GURUMAN's from wf last year and other forums. On paper this car should blow his out of the water. All full weight body panels too? I know you could save a bunch of weight there if you wanted to.
Hey thanks man. Yeah on paper this is a 9 second car, Guruman's best was a mid-high 10 second pass. To be fair though, he did have a dieng turbo. No matter what he did he couldn't get boost past 26 psi. He broke some records at the time, but since then people came out with the some really great S4s. I mean, look at Chris Green at USP. He ran 9's full interior, though he was running a VR6 motor. That's what I call an achievement non the less. My goal is to break the 9 second marker full interior using the original S4 motor that came in the car. We'll see in the coming months! I'll be at Waterfest, are you going?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Ya Chris@USP's car is nuts, just like his 996 was back in the day (i dunno if he still has that car). I should be attending waterfest this year in my new 911. I rolled my last one and I am still waiting for delivery of the car but that should be soon. The only other reason I wouldn't be at waterfest is for school, it sucks

Old 04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Ya Chris@USP's car is nuts, just like his 996 was back in the day (i dunno if he still has that car). I should be attending waterfest this year in my new 911. I rolled my last one and I am still waiting for delivery of the car but that should be soon. The only other reason I wouldn't be at waterfest is for school, it sucks
Oh really? How did that accident turn out for you? Did you get hurt? Which 911 did you have?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:43 PM
The accident went well actually. I didn't get hurt or anything and now I found a crackhead deal on a 9ff 996 so that should be a fun new toy. I'll throw up some pictures and start a whole thread in the 996 section once I get the car to Jersey. I had a 996 C2 with full Aero Kit in Speed Yellow before.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Painting in process of my valve covers.. I painted them ford cherry red!

She's a little dirty after sitting for almost a year!

Motor getting ripped apart before going out to the machine shop

Bumper at the body shop

Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Espo4442 is on a distinguished road
Wow awesome build man

Old 04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
That dog with the rings is sweet lol. AMS is doing the work? I thought they mostly did JDM and bimmer work.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM
That dog with the rings is sweet lol. AMS is doing the work? I thought they mostly did JDM and bimmer work.
Haha yeah he is, his name is Audi!! They got a new shop dog now, and his name is Quattro haha. It's actually AMS Autowerks in New Jersey that is doing all my work (I think you're mistaking them with AMS Performance).

Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by imola s4
Haha yeah he is, his name is Audi!! They got a new shop dog now, and his name is Quattro haha. It's actually AMS Autowerks in New Jersey that is doing all my work (I think you're mistaking them with AMS Performance).
Hahaha thats awesome. I my dog's name is Turbo but he sucks. Ya thats probably what I am thinking of, AMS Performance. I just checked out amsautowerks.com and they look like a nice euro shop. I'll be bringing my next car there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Imola Project "750R" 3.01L Stroker GT2871R Audi S4