Sponsored By:

My A4 1.8TQ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Sherpa is on a distinguished road
My A4 1.8TQ

Here's a few pictures of my A4. It's a 2001.5 A4 1.8TQM

There's little OEM stuff left in it. Over the past 2.5 years, I've been building this car up with the intention to make it a dedicated track car. I'm pretty close to that point, just have to get it running right and tuned, build a cage, take the rest of the interior out, replace the glass with lexan and find a better suspension setup (mine is good right now, but in a practical sense).

In track form:

In street form:

Here's a list of mods if you're up for a read:
Engine: APR 2.5" Exhaust and DP, ATP 3" test pipe, ATP exhaust manifold (ceramic coated), port/polish exhaust manifold, Garrett GT2871R, SPEC Stage 3 clutch and 12lb Light weight flywheel, ITG foam filter, JoeP MBC, S4 MAF housing, GReddy FMIC, S4 throttle body, Port/polish intake manifold, phenolic manifold spacer, 510cc/min injectors, A/C removed.

Suspension/Misc: H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Neuspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Autospeed drivetrain stabilizer bar, 18x8" DTM Kreuz 10 wheels (street), 17x8.5" SSR Comps (track), 19x8.5" Leon Hardiritt Kloster wheels (no use yet), Alcon 332mm vented/gas slotted rotors and 4POT Alcon calipers up front, Alcon 298mm vented/gas slotted rotors and S4 rear calipers in back, stainless braided lines all over the place, Sparco Milano seats, Schroth harness, SPP A-pillar pod w/ autometer boost gauge, Rieger RS4 front bumper, S4 sideskirts, S4 rear valance, S4 fender liners, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, RS4 grille, Interior semi-gutted.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:38 AM
JonA4 will become famous soon enough
Wow, that is unreal. I love the street wheels, what manufacture is that? Also diggin the RS4 front end. I am in the progress of doing some small tweaks to my B6 1.8tQM. I was doing some research and a chip, new plugs, and exhaust can get you a reliable 215hp on regular gas. I would love to track my car once I am finished, where in Minneapolis is there a track?

Old 01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
The street wheels are by DTM Autohaus. It's their design but iForged makes the wheels.

There is a track roughly 2 hours north of Minneapolis in Brainerd, MN. It's called Brainerd International Raceway. It's a decent 10 turn road course and has a 1/4 mile drag strip too. It's currently for sale if you want to buy it... 5 Million.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:15 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
Good God that's amazing, nice work, the Reiger front and S4 kit is my favorite combination. How easy is the application of the S4 sides and rear to the A4? I heard you just need new clips or something, I'm looking at doing the same thing myself.

I always think my mods are quick at around 215-220hp but 400!!! on a 1.8 that's serious sh*t. Nice Work.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 PM
JonA4 will become famous soon enough
I thought it was a drag strip at Brainerd. Maybe both? Yeah, thats a little out of my real estate price range, being a university student and all...

Old 01-28-2005, 08:49 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
Couple questions... What psi are you running with that setup?? and is that Randy Pobst signature under the hood?? I remember him racing for Porsche in the GT class but I can't make it out.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kraftwerk
Good God that's amazing, nice work, the Reiger front and S4 kit is my favorite combination. How easy is the application of the S4 sides and rear to the A4? I heard you just need new clips or something, I'm looking at doing the same thing myself.

I always think my mods are quick at around 215-220hp but 400!!! on a 1.8 that's serious sh*t. Nice Work.
Oh man, the S4 sides were a major pain in the butt. There are so many parts you have to buy and it really adds up quick. I probably spent $1400 just finishing that. Skirts, brackets, screws, side mouldings, etc etc. It took a lot of effort and time.

I'm running 27psi right now, turned it down a little bit after I realized the engine could blow. Spools that psi at 4,000rpm and holds it strong (could do so much more) until redline and would go beyond.

That is Randy Pobst's signature. He checked out my car at a track event and thought it was ballsy I later got him to drive my dad around in his GT3 for a 30 minute lapping session. Nothing like having Randy Pobst break in your GT3

Here we are:

Here's Pobst leaving his mark with our GT3: