Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TT RS arrives - replaced my 2008 CaymanS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM
DesertCaymanS will become famous soon enough
More mods

Also replaced the Toyo's with Bridgestone RE11's and ordere a set of Forgestar F14's - brilliant black w/ red stripe - these will get Pilot sport cups for track time!

Old 01-28-2012, 05:38 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Would love to see a picture of those wheels when they come in.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
bliggity will become famous soon enough
I actually like the wheel accents!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 AM
ronaldvetteron will become famous soon enoughronaldvetteron will become famous soon enough
DesertCaymanS--Agree that the TTRS and Cayman are different cars. I took an extensive test drive in a TTRS several months back with the potential of trading my 08 CS for it. So, I was a motivated buyer. For me, my POV, it was not the right car. I found the steering over boosted, the shifter a bit sloppy and long throws, the brakes much more binary, turbo lag and harsh ride to achieve minimal body lean. I tested it on the same roads that I always test cars near my dealer. I decided against the trade. I have since, ordered a CR which is equipped the way I want a car....$72K and my price <$69K. By the way............my wife, son and daughter in law have owned 15 Audi and VW so are committed to the brand. For me, though, not the right car for my use.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Racer1981 is on a distinguished road
Good choice, I like!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM
DesertCaymanS will become famous soon enough
Interesting comments re the CR vs TT RS

I found the ride harsh with the Toyos that came on the car - having experienced this w/ Toyos on other cars I anticipated the issue and had Bridgestone RE11's waiting. Totally transforms the ride - I use sport all the time and it is no harsher than my 2008 CS ( sold). Steering is not as precise but I am installing the HPA Haldex controller and putting the car on a diet of ~250 lbs - I really think this will dramatically help the steering feel. Turbo lag is miniscule - about the same as waiting for the CS to get into the power band. No it's not a CR but it is a much better daily driver! Porsche attitude toward the cayman platform is keeping me away as is their pricing policy on options.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
loganb is on a distinguished road
Car looks awesome. Congrats!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
not too crazy about wheel accents but cool car nonetheless

Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM
PWRSHFT is on a distinguished road
Love the wheels.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ronaldvetteron
DesertCaymanS--Agree that the TTRS and Cayman are different cars. I took an extensive test drive in a TTRS several months back with the potential of trading my 08 CS for it. So, I was a motivated buyer. For me, my POV, it was not the right car. I found the steering over boosted, the shifter a bit sloppy and long throws, the brakes much more binary, turbo lag and harsh ride to achieve minimal body lean. I tested it on the same roads that I always test cars near my dealer. I decided against the trade. I have since, ordered a CR which is equipped the way I want a car....$72K and my price <$69K. By the way............my wife, son and daughter in law have owned 15 Audi and VW so are committed to the brand. For me, though, not the right car for my use.
Turbo lag? There really isn't at all. Like most manuals, it just takes time to learn how to drive them the most efficiently. Just like most reviews about the R8 R tronic are negative, the drivers don't take the needed time to get to learn how to work it correctly.

I don't find the ride harsh at all but I have the magnaride option and there is a night and day difference between between sport mode being on and off.