Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi R8 (Facelift) - this is it...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Audi R8 (Facelift) - this is it...

how do you like it?

#

Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
ryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really niceryan_qttro is just really nice
I heard no side blades on next Gen
But I don't see them getting rid of side blades

Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
headlight looks funny with that strip. is this official?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
yo, these are official pics, more to come.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM
some more:

Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
So all R8's come with the extended V10 style blades now? I do like the seats, but it is looking a little Lambo like. I wonder what the new Gallardo seats will look like?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by black penguin
So all R8's come with the extended V10 style blades now? I do like the seats, but it is looking a little Lambo like. I wonder what the new Gallardo seats will look like?
no, extended side blades are still V10 only.
but the R8GT style exhaust pipes and the S-tronic dual clutch are on all models and there is a V10-Plus model with 570HP available now.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
look wise, i think it is disappointing. not really much improvement.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:06 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
The changes are subtle, but I like them. Audi just made a good looking car just a bit better.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Good subtle changes except the circular exhaust tips. I much prefer the look of the oval ones on the last V10 or even the double ones on the V8.

Hopefully Audi has found a way to remedy their carbon buildup issues on their FSI engines as this is always a dark cloud over these cars in my head (though if you have the means an occasional cleaning probably isn't outside your budget).

Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
love it especially inside Dia. stitching but hate those round exhaust tips looks to Chevy 1500 lol

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Not that we could feel the difference, but I believe the V10 Plus is rated at 550HP.

I thought the pre-facelift R8 was clean and modern looking, and the update is properly tweaked, staying with the original design elements, and not overdoing styling changes simply for the sake of change-Porsche's Mauer could learn from Audi....

Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Did they update that old V8 to the new 4.0T yet?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
I love Audi's approach to styling...subtle and classy. The updates always give a slight updated look, yet do not make the "old" model look old and dated.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Not that we could feel the difference, but I believe the V10 Plus is rated at 550HP.

I thought the pre-facelift R8 was clean and modern looking, and the update is properly tweaked, staying with the original design elements, and not overdoing styling changes simply for the sake of change-Porsche's Mauer could learn from Audi....
yep, sorry, it´s rated at 550hp.

Originally Posted by gtr
Did they update that old V8 to the new 4.0T yet?
there will be no forced induction engines for the upcoming Gallardo successor, so i guess they have no plans to put a Turbo engine in any future R8 model as well.
but who knows....
a Turbo system maybe faster but for me: long live the NA symphony!

videos:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-26-2012 at 04:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8 (Facelift) - this is it...