Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MOD 4: RSN-E Hacked: DVD/TV plus Ipod!! BWW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 AM
robots_are_neon is on a distinguished road
MOD 4: RSN-E Hacked: DVD/TV plus Ipod!! BWW

So I finally installed my Dietz 1417 and 1280 cable adapters, blaupunkt Me3 DVD player/Tv tuner, and my ipod into my Nav Plus RSN-E. This install took probably over 6 hours and would not have been able to do it myself!!! (Thanx Lanny and John). If you don't know the Dietz 1417 gives you RCA and Video Females intot he RSN-E allowing you to connect whatever to the screen. The 1280 allows video in motion (basically makes the unit think the brake is on so you can watch while you roll...you need to install some sort of switch for this to turn it on and off because it screws up the actual gps navigation while its on). Now for my ipod I got the blitzsafe universal connector (the one with female RCA inputs as opposed to cd changer one) this got wired to ground and power so it also charges the ipod. This was the best solution: one cable and we snuck it under and popped it out of the ebrake so its all clean and hidden. The quality is amazing but you cannot have a dvd in the player while listening to the ipod or the music from the ipod will sound quieter... weird but alright since I would never watch a dvd and use the ipod at the same time. What is amazing is while using nav and the ipod, the car lowers the volume while she talks, it mutes it when I get or make a call via bluetooth, and the car fads the music out when I turn the ignition off. The DVD player fit perfectly in the glovebox cd changer (had to smooth down these little grooves) and and even came with a remote infra red sensor so I can use the remote while the glove box is closed. We dremled out a little hole in the blank part for the switch and looks totally oem! The TV tuner quality is lack there of so I will eventually get an stealthy interior 4 corner window atenna. We had to trick the set up to get the ipod going because the DVD player will use the inputs from the 1417 but it gives you two more sets, however, if no video source is current to the DVD it wont play the Audio: so we plugged into two Y audio cables intot he 1417 and ran the blittzsafe and the dvd player all from the 1417. In the end, EVERYTHING came out better than I thought. What was even cooler is as soon as you plug in the 1417, the nav screen adds "TV" as a source and if you are in that mode, it puts on your driver display on top (where it would say cd trk or the name of the radio station..I will snap a pic of this later I was on Empty with gas so it wouldnt appear)

anyway: PIX!!!

dvd player in cd changer holder w./ custom switch for 1280

remote infrared thing

stealth mode

ta da!

close up

Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 AM
JonA4 will become famous soon enough
Wow, just wow. Great work! I was told by Audi techs that couldn't be done. Or maybe they just didn't want to fix it if the screen breaks...

Old 12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by JonA4
Wow, just wow. Great work! I was told by Audi techs that couldn't be done. Or maybe they just didn't want to fix it if the screen breaks...
Dont believe what they tell you sometimes we here on the boards know ALOT more what can be done to our cars.
When I asked them about my RNS-e Nav system they also said it cant be dont, no way no how, well needless to say after I myslef installed it in 15 minutes on my way home I just had to go and show them that it can be done. All they said was JEEEZ.
They are preprogrammed at times.

Robots good job on the mod, and all I can say is KEEP MODDIN !

Bajo

Old 12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
I have to say, on the behalf of an employee of a dealership that represents the factory and its warranty. Clients ask about adding things to their stock stereo and we may know it can be done and/or have seen it done on our clients cars, but if a factory dealership were to modify the wiring, etc then that mod would have to be covered under some type of warranty. There are many crazy wiring things that can be done to any car, but the risk of someone cutting into the wiring, etc can be a nightmare. Although I have no problem suggesting some stereo shops that maybe able to assist, but always warn that it can mess with the factory warranty.