Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BOOSTANE Octane Boost-Tried and Tested

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
BOOSTANE Octane Boost-Tried and Tested

We tried the Boostane Octane Booster and have had some really incredible results. Since we are in California and suffer from horrible 91 Octane fuel, we were searching for a decent solution. Unlike most Octane boosters, the Boostane app (available on IOS and Android) helps you determine how much octane booster you need to add to your gas. Download the app for free on your smartphone to try it out.

I would recommend buying a case of octane booster and leaving it in the box in your trunk and add it to your fuel every time you fill up.

We have tested this on the dyno and it makes great power with California fuel.

We sell this by the can and the case. If you are coming to use our dyno I suggest that we throw a can in after all your power runs to see what kind of horsepower and torque you are leaving on the table by not using this stuff. Everyone that has tried it on the dyno has bought a case when they left.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

If you want to purchase some and try it for yourself please feel free to stop by our shop in SoCal.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:40 AM
SDCLTD is on a distinguished road
I've tried Boostane & purchased a case of it. But will no longer use it.

Boostane causes an 'Orange' residue to accumulate on the exhaust pipes. Further, when spark plugs were recently removed/replaced due to the engine 'missing', there was a considerable amount of 'Orange' residue on them. BTW: The plugs only had7K miles on them.

I would personally recommend purchasing higher octane unleaded fuel - I realize its more expensive - versus using Boostane. Several recognized Porsche [Engine & Race] shops in my area have recommended against using Boostane ........ One shope stated that Boostane contributed to the plug fouling I experienced.

Again, I used it as an alternative to purchasing the 100 Unleaded Fuel ......... but no longer. Replaced my spark plugs recently after using Boostane 'On & Off' for 3K+/- Miles & the plug electrodes were 'clogged' with a distinctive 'Orange' color. [MY 2012 997.2 Turbo S] Maybe it works better in non-turbo vehicles, but that's a guess.

No one has adequately explained to me the reason for the excess orange residue which collects on the exhaust pipes and/or spark plug electrodes, so I have discontinued its use.