Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
S8?

I have some interest for an S8 for later in 2007 and was wondering if anyone has one on order or is getting soon? Salesman told me they should see the first ones fall 2006 and they will be orders only (What, no demos ).

Old 09-28-2006, 07:10 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
If i were you i would go for a new m5, i would be worried about the new s8 because of the re-sale value of the last one's. Just my .2

Old 09-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Had an E39 M5 and now 545. Love BMW's but might need a change. I would never buy it and only lease if the price was right (under $1500/mo).

Old 09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The new S8 is magnificent. It would be my only choice for a big sedan... Good luck. My local dealership is getting one (1) allocation per year (who knows if that's BS to sell more at a premium). This is at HBL in Tyson's Corner, VA.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I simply love the new S8...I think it's wrong to get a car about it's resale's price...buy it if you can!
Anyway the M5 is another sweet car...it's too hard

Old 09-30-2006, 10:50 AM
JonA4 will become famous soon enough
I would also go with an S8 over the M5, but really, they are two completely different cars. But, I'm an Audi guy, so... S8. With 20's.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonA4
I would also go with an S8 over the M5, but really, they are two completely different cars. But, I'm an Audi guy, so... S8. With 20's.
Agreed. The new S6 & S8 sound very nice with the V10.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I just read the Motor Trend review which was mostly good. They like the engine, love the brakes and interior/exterior but weren't thrilled with the steering/handling/suspension. An overall good to very good review.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 PM
AudiGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
S8's are really low numbers. I think my store is getting 2, I know of one for sure. More W12's than V10's lol.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Ormond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the roughOrmond is a jewel in the rough
Question Am Considering S8 too

Does anyone have an idea what the resale on the car would be? I am considering trading my Range Rover Sport Supercharged on one. I haven't seen the S8 yet, but it looks understated in the photos. The S8 that I am interested in has a MSRP of $106K. Also, when is the S due for a new body style?

Any thoughts?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 AM
K04
K04 is on a distinguished road
If you really want one let me know, I can point you to a good guy, and I might be able to set you up with a family members early allocation since he may not want it.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
OverSpun will become famous soon enough
Where are you located? I have a friend that works at a local dealer and they are supposed to get a few of them pretty soon here.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 AM
kinkade is on a distinguished road
The A8 is a great car, with highest quality materials. My concern would be resale!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm in LI, NY but wouldn't be looking to get into one until about 10 months from now. My main interest would be seeing/driving one b/c i have sworn off getting any car undriven. With the limited numbers my only hope would be finding someone who would let a stranger (me) drive their car. I have a local friend who is into Audi, currently having an RS4, so he might be able to hook me up with someone in that crowd.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Red Devil
I just read the Motor Trend review which was mostly good. They like the engine, love the brakes and interior/exterior but weren't thrilled with the steering/handling/suspension. An overall good to very good review.
Are you still going to keep the Porsche? If yes, then why not just get a used 06 A8, you will save tons of money, have a super comfy sedan, then when you want to go fast drive your Porsche. I just picked up my 2006 A8 today and love it, make sure you get the Premium package and the massage seats.
www.northbayimports.com is a good place to look for 06's and Riverbay Audi in NJ also has some.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.