Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi unveils the R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:02 AM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Guess they didn't want to compete with the Lambo, but that's just not enough power.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
Panayiotis will become famous soon enoughPanayiotis will become famous soon enough
IMO that should be the TT instead of the pansy car that is.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:54 AM
GT 350 is on a distinguished road
I think the actual look of the car is amazing... and the interior looks beautiful. It's still going to be a great move for Audi.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
Expect comapnies to mod the heck outta this one since it is still at a reasonable price...

Old 09-29-2006, 08:32 AM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
I dunno..still wish they had stayed closer to the original proto they released...it's still good looking though.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Bre
Land Rover Guru
Bre will become famous soon enough
I think it looks good and will be interested to get behind the wheel and see how it fits. Power does seem weak, but there could always bring a higher trim level out with a bigger engine. It's a good move for Audi, I think it'll sell well.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I like staring at the door and thinking it's a Gallardo in another life.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Joeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the roughJoeskie is a jewel in the rough
I think it's perfect. The HP...the look, everything is perfect. The only Audi I would consider buying. Even though I'm into horsepower, I haven't got to a point to say 420hp is not enough.
That's plain wrong. 0-60 in about 4.5 is plenty fast. It's not supercar status in terms of straight accelation, but that's okay I think. The only thing 'wrong' would be the AWD. I don't think many people need AWD for performance vehicles... I could be wrong.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Sorry, I don't like it much. Looks like a bloated Smart Roadster to me, especially the profile shot. The interior is a bit Star Trek, but I like it. I don't think anyone can complain about the FSI V8, though!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:22 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I like it, any indication that they will stick a smaller motor into it with a true manual, I would be very interested if the price was around 75K and it had 350hp.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:32 AM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
http://microsites.audi.com/audir8/html/index.php <--audi's release site with lots of extra goodies

Old 09-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
I like it, any indication that they will stick a smaller motor into it with a true manual
They already do. The article states that they offer it with a real 6-speed manual, as well as the flappy paddle nonsense.

Remains to be seen what they market it for. If it's in the mid 80's somehow, it would be on my radar as a daily driver.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
oh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant futureoh Crap has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
http://microsites.audi.com/audir8/html/index.php <--audi's release site with lots of extra goodies
I love advertising....that just made me want it even more.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
The car looks great both inside and outside. Sad that they are using the V8 instead of the V10 from the G... so they spend a crap load of money on the R&D of the car and then stick the RS4 engine in there? I guess for the price it isn't too shabby.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I do remember reading that there will be additional trim levels where they talked about putting turbos with the V8 as one option and the other would be to stick in the old V10 from the G once it gets its engine upgraded. I also remember reading in the pre-production press-release that this car was designed to be a Porsche TT killer...Only time will tell I suppose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi unveils the R8