Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 pricing from the LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Insurance is going to be a beast - anything w/ASF costs a fortune to fix, hence a fortune to insure.

I still like it, but I wouldn't buy one over a GT3 or AM V8.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Audi's value on the used car market is terrible right now. Wonder how this car will fare. 50k in 3 years, then it's too cheap not to buy.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:22 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
Well if it's like other Audi's used ones will be 33k in 4yrs I will wait

Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Audi specialty cars such as the RS models and surely the R8 have in the past been very very strong in retaining value.

It is a bit of a mystery why they do and the rest of the line sinks like a rock like everything else.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 AM
belinko is infamous around these parts
Agreed with Vanishing point.

"I would wait till next year for two reasons
1) Debugging
2) the V-10 outta the G will be an option on the S Model."

From personal experience I would never purchase any new MY (model year) Audi. It's not just the car, it's the emotional pain and headache, which can be avoided by some patience. This is when half year models come to be interesting and def. matter.

As far as depreciation is considered, I think that any Audi with the letter R on it will do OK, especially with the limitied release quantities. If I'm not mistaken 800 pieces for the initial release in the US is a pretty low number, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by belinko; 01-10-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dzy
Audi's value on the used car market is terrible right now. Wonder how this car will fare. 50k in 3 years, then it's too cheap not to buy.
if this car is 50k in 3 years... where would the Gallardo be??? 80k??? sure as hell i am not paying 3 times the price for a lambo badge

Alan

Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Would take several cars over the R8 , 997 GT3 being a no brainer! Sucks that its getting the V10 and not the V10 TT out of the new RS6

Old 01-12-2007, 11:44 AM
SRC4S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Would take several cars over the R8 , 997 GT3 being a no brainer! Sucks that its getting the V10 and not the V10 TT out of the new RS6
tough call. I love the 997 GT3. But from having been in and out of 10 cars in the last five years, i could see myself leaving the 997 GT3 in the garage for days when i just want to be comfortable. If the R8 holds true to Audi's high level of comfort and convenience, it's really the dual purpose sports car.

In any case, both cars are HOT! And one really can't complain if they went for one over the other as these two cars are both really special in their own ways.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SRC4S
tough call. I love the 997 GT3. But from having been in and out of 10 cars in the last five years, i could see myself leaving the 997 GT3 in the garage for days when i just want to be comfortable. If the R8 holds true to Audi's high level of comfort and convenience, it's really the dual purpose sports car.

In any case, both cars are HOT! And one really can't complain if they went for one over the other as these two cars are both really special in their own ways.
What's funny is, that is what was kind of going through my mind I was thinking, man it would be nice to have a sportscar that looks so comfortable, quiet and so on , on the inside! It will probably be solid just like the M3!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
What's funny is, that is what was kind of going through my mind I was thinking, man it would be nice to have a sportscar that looks so comfortable, quiet and so on , on the inside! It will probably be solid just like the M3!
i had an S2K. Fun, drove it like mad max. then, i got mad b/c it was such a single purpose car. dumped it and got an e46 m3. awesome car. fun when the width adjustable seats were squeezing me in and comfortable when they were brought back out (you get the picture). then, a few more cars later (some hardcore) and I dropped my butt into the seat of an A8. I had two other porsches back then and they were hardly driven (maybe fifteen minutes per week tops). Sold one b/c it was just killing me to see it sitting around. in the meantime, i clocked 28K miles in one year on the A8.

Long story short, i'm now at the age where comfort will supercede sport. But I also know I will always need something sporty. For those who desire both, the R8 will be a win win. But that's not to say that I wouldn't go for an S8/997GT3 combo! LOL

Old 01-12-2007, 12:49 PM
i had an S2K. Fun, drove it like mad max. then, i got mad b/c it was such a single purpose car. dumped it and got an e46 m3. awesome car. fun when the width adjustable seats were squeezing me in and comfortable when they were brought back out (you get the picture). then, a few more cars later (some hardcore) and I dropped my butt into the seat of an A8. I had two other porsches back then and they were hardly driven (maybe fifteen minutes per week tops). Sold one b/c it was just killing me to see it sitting around. in the meantime, i clocked 28K miles in one year on the A8.

Long story short, i'm now at the age where comfort will supercede sport. But I also know I will always need something sporty. For those who desire both, the R8 will be a win win. But that's not to say that I wouldn't go for an S8/997GT3 combo! LOL
Wow you know what is so funny/scary, what you just said is what was running through my mind yesterday. How i LOVE my G35 so much and drive it whenever i want to go anywhere, errand's, work, out at night or even for fun.

I realized with the turbo i got so busy and started to not drive it, except for FUN, and then it became a whole big production to move cars around and take it out just for that little time or at night, on the weekend was when i really drove it.

That's why i think i miss the M3 so much, i did EVERYTHING in that car before i touched it, it was absolutely amazing instead of having a one purpose car as you mentioned. Ah well, most people wont get where we are coming from, others will say bs just go drive it but they dont understand!

In all, R8 will be a hop in and go kind of car, my GT2 while being absolutely insane, is not!

Martin

Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 PM
the best cars for some reason have always been the ones which didn't require any go-fast/turn-on-a-dime mods. While I certainly love modifying cars, the fun quickly turns to ways to either 1) make it even more nasty or 2) look for something else to start another mod trip. thus, the ones which simply do as they were meant have given me the best owner experience.

i agree that many won't agree but i'm the kind of guy who likes his women pretty not hot and his mcnuggets plain (no sauces of any kind). mod(able) cars are like vegas trips... limitless amount of fun until your exhausted *** boards the return plane back home.

BTW, the GT2 rocks! so, enjoy it and forget what i just said

Old 01-12-2007, 01:37 PM
the best cars for some reason have always been the ones which didn't require any go-fast/turn-on-a-dime mods. While I certainly love modifying cars, the fun quickly turns to ways to either 1) make it even more nasty or 2) look for something else to start another mod trip. thus, the ones which simply do as they were meant have given me the best owner experience.

i agree that many won't agree but i'm the kind of guy who likes his women pretty not hot and his mcnuggets plain (no sauces of any kind). mod(able) cars are like vegas trips... limitless amount of fun until your exhausted *** boards the return plane back home.

BTW, the GT2 rocks! so, enjoy it and forget what i just said
We think alike, i'll tell you that much. I de modded my G35 sedan except for suspension and my tiptronic ecu upgrade, let me tell you that its a BLAST, very nimble, rev it out and just so much fun to drive around to do anything in.

I hate modifying, its a disease, and i am wanting to touch the GT2 ALREADY. My thing is i touch and play around and get sick or bored quickly, i lose appreciation for w/e it is and realize what i had before the modifying was BETTER and more satisfying driving it for what it was, ah well!

Enough rant, im sure i'll have tons of enjoyment with this GT2, just not anytime soon. Way too busy, way too cold to even use it with back end swinging and so on!

Take it easy

Old 01-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
I like the R8 alot, i think the pricing makes it abit of a bargain when you really think ing it. I wonder if there well be a R10,ie Audi Murci ,that would be something.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Loose is infamous around these parts