NEW B7 Audi RS4 OWNER! easter bunny comes early

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned
tamaneri is on a distinguished road
I'll trade you for my A4 =)

Old 04-11-2007, 02:28 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc997GT3
At Lucent everything is for sale...another RS4 coming maybe?
my soul is not for sale. trovan can hire me to break in his cars for him.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
oalvarez will become famous soon enough
good stuff guys.....Arling, sell me a Milltek exhaust for free....and while i'm there, maybe a Ohlin/Stassis suspension. you're a good man, Arling....have i ever said how handsome you are?

enjoying the RS4 more and more each day.

regards

Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
let me know if u want the Ohlin. nick is waiting for my -go-. same for the Milltek.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by A430v
Congrats Oalvarez...now have Arling slap on a Milltek exhaust for you. I can help if you need a sound comparison. Hmmm, Rusnak Pasadena? Who was your salesman? Cheers!
well, Kirk @ Porsche made the introductions and laid the groundwork (he spoke with the general manager who then spoke to the sales manager who then spoke to a couple of the sales people there). the individuals who helped most were Brian and Eric with Brian being one of the most respectful and mannerful salespeople (person) i've come across in a long while. it was easy there on in as everyone was familiar with what i wanted to do.

easy and fun. how it should be.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
A430v is on a distinguished road
Yes, waiting for the "go" from Arling on the Ohlins. Once again, if you need to hear the Milltek, let me know, I'm in the Pasadena area. I have the non-resonated, valved version. Another must have mod is the Euro steering wheel, totally completes the interior, not to mention, feels much better than stock.

Haha...I know both Kirk and Eric (maybe Brian too, can't put the name to the face right now). Good guys. People rag on Rusnak a lot, but some of the people there are really top notch! Cheers!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
A430v/Arling: is there a "safe" way to lower the car without going the Ohlins route (i.e., h&r, eibach, etc)......measured the clearance on the driveway at home, lucky to have 1-2" at most and at the most drastic portion of the driveway slope.....just don't want to go back to the scraping issues had with the porsche......can one just do Milltek mufflers as opposed to the full monty?

will have to do a search on some of the other audi boards as well.

thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2007, 12:39 AM
nash is on a distinguished road
Milltek downpipes and catback are separate. Doing just the catback sounds awesome, and is considerably cheaper than adding downpipes (the labor on downpipes is rough!)

Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 AM
A430v is on a distinguished road
Oal,

Yup, like nash said, the catback and downpipes are two separate items. I have the catback only, easy swap, took Lucent about 45 mins to an hour.

In regards to the suspension, I wouldn't just do springs because of the DRC system. I'm not sure if H&R, Eibach, etc. offer a full system. I know Ohlins/Stasis and KW do. From my research on AudiWorld, Ohlins seems to be the one to have. Car corners on rails while maintaining close to stock comfort. If you get the street setup with the Ohlins, it only lowers the car by about 3/4", so you should be OK with your driveway. Cheers! BTW, I'm Nick, better than to call me A430v. Hahaha.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by A430v
Oal,

Yup, like nash said, the catback and downpipes are two separate items. I have the catback only, easy swap, took Lucent about 45 mins to an hour.

In regards to the suspension, I wouldn't just do springs because of the DRC system. I'm not sure if H&R, Eibach, etc. offer a full system. I know Ohlins/Stasis and KW do. From my research on AudiWorld, Ohlins seems to be the one to have. Car corners on rails while maintaining close to stock comfort. If you get the street setup with the Ohlins, it only lowers the car by about 3/4", so you should be OK with your driveway. Cheers! BTW, I'm Nick, better than to call me A430v. Hahaha.
Thank you, Nick, appreciate the help. Take care

Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Big E Smallz is on a distinguished road
Hows it drive compared to your old 997?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
I'm liking the RS4 more and more. Gorgeous ride my friend. Now when are they gonna put DSG in these things??

Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Big E Smallz
Hows it drive compared to your old 997?
i'll try and be most fair; it's not right to compare the two. which car do i prefer to drive/own given my needs? the RS4. if you want me to compare the two i will: i like driving and owning my RS4 more than my 997. i don't track my cars but at the end of the day the RS4 doesn't struggle to keep up. on top of that, 997's are a plenty. i'm sorry but that's just a fact.

regards

Old 04-14-2007, 12:54 AM
ReconTrojan is on a distinguished road
Mods for RS4

I have modded ever car I have ever owned, I was hoping the RS4 was the cure...nope.

I looked into every suspension setup for 3 weeks before ponying up 5K for the Stasis setup.

H&R offer springs but no way on a 73K car I am going that route, I would leave it stock. One guy has posted a poor pic of it done but says its a stop gap till he goes Stasis...what's the point of that!

Option II was the KWV3 setup, with labour about 3K , cheaper for sure and I had 1 good review of it on a RS4 and mixed reviews on other Audi's.

Last was the Ohlins/Stasis setup, I read everything. About 6 people had done it and all raved on it. I called them and they answered all my questions and refered me to GMG which is only a few exits from my home in South OC and their shop was incredible. I figured if Im doing it I want it now and I want the best solution. The car feels lighter, handles very flat and looks perfect.
I did have issue with my front wheel spacers ( too a smaller degree a couple of us are still but I have not had the time to fully vett this out) but have the 10mm on all corners.

I don't scrape but the OC is a bit better off than where we used to live in Manahatten Beach but its not a problem really.

I have done clear bra, tinted the amber light reflectors, custom mats and a wired 9500i. No window tint nor am I planning on it for the first time in 15 years on a car I own. Just do not think it will add anything and this color is unique.

A bit long-winded and should have placed this on my thread!

-Jon

Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! Excellent choice in going with daytona as well, beautiful! Enjoy the 4 door/awd beast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW B7 Audi RS4 OWNER! easter bunny comes early