Location (State):

Item Condition:

WOW - Only $120K for CLK Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
ET550 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
You know what is interesting, and then we can move on... the B.S. owners are passionate about the car, my friend included. He loves the car. And he should!

Clarkson comparing the 430 to the CLK B.S. is high praise indeed, for Clarkson has historically been a kool aid drinker for anything Ferrari. I watched that on you tube. Cool!

As you said, and I said, to each his own!
I think we can agree that a car enthusiast is someone who is passionate about his car(s) regardless of price or make and who can appreciate and share the passion that others have in their vehicles regardless of price or make.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
SteveL is on a distinguished road
Following this thread with much interest as I am very much interested in picking up a BS but still have depreciation concerns. It is interesting to compare the BS to an R8. You can't even smell an R8 for near MSRP unless you have the foresight to order one long ago. The BS will be produced in fewer numbers and can likely better the R8 on most tracks. However, BS are depreciating quickly and the R8 is not. It seems the formula of modifying a mass production car like MB AMG, Audi RS, and BMW M just leads to steep depreciation. However, developing an all new unique car like the R8 and Ford GT seems to be a winning strategy, even if the modified cars are potentially better than the all original cars. MB and BMW have yet to do this and therefore all of the early adopters of AMG and M cars can expect huge depreciation. I experience the same with my RS4. I'd probably get the BS if I wasn't underwater on my RS4 which has depreciated faster than my lease payments are paying it off. But I guess that is the point of leasing. I was an early adopter and paid full MSRP, $73520, and then just 19 months later on an RS4 with 5600 miles on it the trade in offer was initially $50000 and then negotiated up to $53000. I can probably get a little more for it as a trade in but that is still some hefty depreciation on an RS4.

Still, with all that being said, depreciation certainly isn't the only reason to not buy a car but it is a contributing factor. And of course it doesn't help my burning desire to buy a BS anyway. Starting a BS is almost reason enough. Best sounding startup I have every heard.

Last edited by SteveL; 03-13-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by SteveL
Following this thread with much interest as I am very much interested in picking up a BS but still have depreciation concerns. It is interesting to compare the BS to an R8. You can't even smell an R8 for near MSRP unless you have the foresight to order one long ago. The BS will be produced in fewer numbers and can likely better the R8 on most tracks. However, BS are depreciating quickly and the R8 is not. It seems the formula of modifying a mass production car like MB AMG, Audi RS, and BMW M just leads to steep depreciation. However, developing an all new unique car like the R8 and Ford GT seems to be a winning strategy, even if the modified cars are potentially better than the all original cars. MB and BMW have yet to do this and therefore all of the early adopters of AMG and M cars can expect huge depreciation. I experience the same with my RS4. I'd probably get the BS if I wasn't underwater on my RS4 which has depreciated faster than my lease payments are paying it off. But I guess that is the point of leasing. I was an early adopter and paid full MSRP, $73520, and then just 19 months later on an RS4 with 5600 miles on it the trade in offer was initially $50000 and then negotiated up to $53000. I can probably get a little more for it as a trade in but that is still some hefty depreciation on an RS4.

Still, with all that being said, depreciation certainly isn't the only reason to not buy a car but it is a contributing factor. And of course it doesn't help my burning desire to buy a BS anyway. Starting a BS is almost reason enough. Best sounding startup I have every heard.
Depreciation certainly sucks but you can never come up with hard fast rule to predict whats going to happen. Under your theory the GT3RS should no longer have a premium yet it still does because of its limited production. The Ford GT was also limited production so is holding its value. The R8 will come down to earth because it is not limited production and the economy sucks right now. While the BS is taking a bit of a hit now, once the 350 units get placed I think the the values will hold simply because there will be no more. But there are no guarantees. And certainly not if you are going to be putting any kind of normal mileage on these cars.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
well ......today i just got offered 63black in miami at a dealer brand new zero miles... for 120k ..no lye ..its silver so im kind of ify....if someone wants it pm me ill send you the info..easy deal ...

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 PM
SteveL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ET550
The R8 will come down to earth because it is not limited production and the economy sucks right now. While the BS is taking a bit of a hit now, once the 350 units get placed I think the the values will hold simply because there will be no more. But there are no guarantees. And certainly not if you are going to be putting any kind of normal mileage on these cars.
On the R8, everything tells me you are correct, especially when the R10 is available. I stopped by an Audi dealership tonight and asked about ordering an R8 and they said 3 year waiting list. Maybe b*llsh*t but maybe not. I asked if it was dealer specific or country wide and they said that the demand is Europe is really high at the moment and with the dollar being so weak, cars are just not being allocated to the US.

I hope you are correct about the BS settling out. I'm surprised that they are already being discounted so much but they are for a fact being discounted. I think most people just don't appreciate how good it is and therefore there is just a lack of demand. Too many people look at it as just a really expensive CLK63 and don't really buy an auto in a track car. It would have been great if AMG had put the SL63 MCT transmission in the BS. I've heard it is really really good.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
gorgeous car clk black series is the bomb.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 PM
KeyserSoze is on a distinguished road
I've sold him a car in the past, nice guy for anyone considering making him an offer.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by wheelB
well ......today i just got offered 63black in miami at a dealer brand new zero miles... for 120k ..no lye ..its silver so im kind of ify....if someone wants it pm me ill send you the info..easy deal ...
There is a black one with 650 miles being offered up here by a non MB dealer for $119,900 if anyone is interested. I can post a link but i don't know if thats allowed under the rules since this is the for sale section and i don't have 100 posts.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 PM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road
I looked at a new BS at RAB in San Rafael when I picked up my E55 from service. They were willing to discount from MSRP b/c it's been there a few months. If you're interested, PM me and I will give you the contact of the sales person. It was black and beautiful!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Fanman is on a distinguished road
Ari & I had a chance to see several of these up close when we were out at Streets of Willow several months ago. They were doing the launch out there. I can honestly say they are really nice looking cars, and the exhaust note is among the best I have ever heard.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:22 PM
tonykart125 is on a distinguished road
buyy it.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
kyle997 is on a distinguished road
CLK Black Series

I am helping a friend of mine sell his Silver Black Series with 900 miles. The car is perfect and needs nothing. We are offering jis car for 118k. thanks

Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by kyle997
I am helping a friend of mine sell his Silver Black Series with 900 miles. The car is perfect and needs nothing. We are offering jis car for 118k. thanks

Wow, that's a great price.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Am I mistaken, but as I watched the F1 race this weekend in Australia, did MB change their safety car from the CLK63 to the SL63? The only reason I would consider the CLK63 was it's connection to F1.

What a great race. Go Lewis!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I wont lie, I love those things with a passion...haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW - Only $120K for CLK Black Series