Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 05 Corvette Forged 427

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
FS: 05 Corvette Forged 427

Year: 1950
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $24000
Mileage: 92000
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Please address all inquiries to member Juan here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...=newpm&u=38229

'05 Corvette Forged 427 - Very Fast and priced to sell!

Information contained below.

Quote:

2005 C6 CORVETTE 427ci 600HP+ FAST CLEAN

PRICE: $27,000

2005 C6 Corvette
Z51 Package (slotted rotors, transmission cooler, thicker sway bars)
Machine Silver Color
6 speed manual transmission
Black C6 Split Spoke Wheels
Firestone Run-flat tires (front have plenty of life left, the rears are nearing their end)
92,000 Miles (all in California - no salt no snow)

MOTOR - The heart of it all:
Forged 427ci motor
LS3 Block (416)
CNC'ed L92 heads, (360cfm intake and 280 cfm exhaust)
Patriot gold duel springs
stainless valves
titanium retainers
Scat 4.100 forged crank
Scat rods
ARP bolts
Diamond forged pistons
ARP head studs
L76 manifold
40lb injectors
Comp lifters
Hardend pushrods
Comp cam 232/234/595/598/112LSA
MSD wires
160 stat
Motor built and speed density tuned by Charlie Williams @RPM Motors
Installed at A&A Corvette
Dyno - 523rwhp/489rwtq

Other modifications:
Kooks headers 1 3/4''
B&B Bullet CAT back exhaust
Accelerator Intake
Elite Engineering oil catch can
Balanced LS7 clutch
Direct fit large capacity radiator
New water pump (installed August 1 at Lindsay Cadillac)

I recently drove this car from Los Angeles, CA to Alexandria, VA - car performed flawlessly and I got on average 28 MPG. The forged motor has 40,000 miles on it and was built by one of the most well known Corvette engine builders in the country (Charlie @ RPM Motorsports CA). The car has never been abused or raced. The car did have a door skin replaced from an accident that occurred in a parking lot (I have a copy of the carfax report).

VA Emissions - car has all the proper components to meet VA emissions and is good for the next year.
The reason for sale:

After purchasing the car I was offered a tremendous employment opportunity. I could keep the car, but it just doesn't make practical sense given my new office location in DC. Sitting in traffic in the city bumper to bumper is no fun and I need something a bit more practical for city driving.

I look forward to answering your questions, regardless of how trivial you may think they are. Any chance to talk cars is warmly welcomed! I have all documented receipts from the previous owner since the car rolled off the assembly line - even down to EVERY single oil change. All was hand documented.

There is one small problem I've yet to work out:

The passenger window, when warm out side, doesn't like to go down unless you tap the inside of the door. It could be the track is ever so slightly off alignment or the switch could have a small short. I doubt this is a significant issue and could be resolved fairly quickly, I just haven't had the time to pull the door apart.

Other than that issue the car is PERFECT!

In the end someone is going to get this car at a great price and with a motor that will last 300,000 miles!

PRICE: $27,000

* I encourage you to shop around for other cars of this year and mileage that are stock. You can not and will not find this much car for this little bit of money ANYWHERE. this is price just a few thousand over TRADE IN value.

juan.barnett at gmail .com

Happy Motoring,

Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
NOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of light
Any feedback at all guys? I'm open to suggestions/offers.

Clean trade in is $22,000 and clean retail is $26,000. Keep in mind that is stock.

The motor in this car alone was a $14,000 build.

DROPPED TO $24,000

IDLE VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMnc...layer_embedded

Last edited by NOVAgearhead; 12-22-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: price drop
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
VEGASSPEED is on a distinguished road
I like everything except the miles on the car. That is a sweet engine build though.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Broker404 will become famous soon enoughBroker404 will become famous soon enough
Very nice car. Too bad it's in Cali

Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM
fstrnyu is on a distinguished road
How about a trade and some cash? That way you can have a fun car AND THEN get a responsible car! I have a 538rwhp pump gas fully built '92 Mustang

Old 09-23-2009, 05:50 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
CR? And is the motor built for boost?

I still am sitting here in amazement that this much car goes for the same money as modified C5's!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Yatzee is on a distinguished road
A regular C6 is plenty fast, this must be a riot!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
No problem, I post from my BB all the time!

Wow this is a beast of a car for not much money, GLWS ...

Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM
NOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of light
Some other photos:

Last edited by NOVAgearhead; 12-22-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Kurij is on a distinguished road
Looks great. What part of NOVA you in? I'd be very interested to see the car in person.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
If you were taking trades, I would swap my Cobra with you!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Yatzee is on a distinguished road
You said all the miles where in CA was it ever registered in CA, would it pass smog?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Titaniumseeker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NOVAgearhead
Some other photos:

You guys are right on the money - this thing is a BEAST!

I'm in talks with someone about the possibility of a new-new job that will get me back to what I was used to making - if that happens, this thing will get a blower and I'll pick up a new CTS-V for my daily driver.
You're gonna love the new CTS-V. They've got great deals on the 09's now that that the 10's are in production. Be sure to ask the sales person about the change /eliminations in the the powertrain warranty for the 10's before you lease/buy.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Titaniumseeker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NOVAgearhead
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the E55 (06 certified) or a 06 CLS55 - but the CTS-V just seems like a much better buy. Found a local one for $50,000 and its white - which is my color.
What year is that local one? It it is an 09 then it won't be there long. I drove Bimmers for years before buying an 09. Never thought I would buy American after the love affair with the German cars but this beast is a hoot to drive. I've already begun modding mine. Good luck to you with your decision.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Well I guess it isn't $50,000...but $54,000. I'm sure with a small bit of haggling they'd let it go for $53,000

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/ctd/1358711821.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FS: 05 Corvette Forged 427