Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera w/warranty, new engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
2002 Porsche 911 Carrera w/warranty, new engine

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $30000
Mileage: 81000
Color: Yellow
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual

This for sale for a friend and has moderator approval from GT3 Chuck.

Miles: 81k

Sonnen Porsche Dealership Certified Warranty (Marin): until Feb 2012 or 100k miles

Factory new engine has <1k miles (not rebuilt, straight from factory, replaced under warranty)

Like new condition inside and out. A couple of minor blemishes on outside (see pics). Leather seats barely worn at all.

All work done at Sonnen Porsche in Marin.

Many extras (parking sensors, CD, aero kit, etc etc).

No accidents.

Maintenance details:
- no accidents
- Clutch replaced: 2008
- Front tires & brakes replaced 2/10. Back tires & brakes at 70%.
- Complete factory engine replacement: 7/10
- Catalytic converter replaced: 8/10
- Sunroof mechanism replaced: 8/10

Options above base model
- Black leather seats
- Comfort Package
- Advanced Technic Package
- 18" Lt Alloy Wheel - Turbo Look
- Rear window wiper
- Porsche Stability Management
- Parking Assist System
- CD changer

Please email Chris -- missioncondo at gmail dot com -- if interested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10569046...eat=directlink

Last edited by flash68; 08-28-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
GODS951 is on a distinguished road
looks like a clean car from the pic you posted. The car reminds me of my old 996....makes me want to get back into one

Old 08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GODS951
looks like a clean car from the pic you posted. The car reminds me of my old 996....makes me want to get back into one
The car is super clean. And now even cleaner with that brand new motor.

Maybe you should buy it!

Old 08-27-2010, 12:44 AM
shrka will become famous soon enough
what a great way to get into a p-car with a new engine....glws.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
How old is the clutch?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by dcentric
How old is the clutch?
Maintenance details:
- no accidents
- Clutch replaced: 2008
- Front tires & brakes replaced 2/10. Back tires & brakes at 70%.
- Complete factory engine replacement: 7/10
- Catalytic converter replaced: 8/10
- Sunroof mechanism replaced: 8/10

Options above base model
- Black leather seats
- Comfort Package
- Advanced Technic Package
- 18" Lt Alloy Wheel - Turbo Look
- Rear window wiper
- Porsche Stability Management
- Parking Assist System
- CD changer

Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
Do you know if the new engine the same engine as the original with 315 hp? or is it the 325hp variant? Also, did Porsche do anything to address the RMS issue in the new engine? Or is it prone to the same issues as the original?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
fastsvo is on a distinguished road
Do you know if the new engine the same engine as the original with 315 hp? or is it the 325hp variant? Also, did Porsche do anything to address the RMS issue in the new engine? Or is it prone to the same issues as the original?

Great questions!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by fastsvo
Great questions!
Do not know on the engine hp. Is that normal to not provide the exact replacement engine the car came with originally?

I do not know yet about the RMS. I would assume that when they did the engine replacement they looked at the RMS to see if if it was leaking or not, and if not, probably left it alone. That is my understanding on what is typical.

We are waiting on some more detailed paperwork from Sonnen to help answer these questions.

Thanks.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Since the engine in the 996 had known flaws and the 997 was very similar to the 996, i didn't know if they would put the same flawed engine in as a replacement, or if they had made modifications at the factory, which would make the most sense.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
bruceinmiami is on a distinguished road
Since the engine in the 996 had known flaws and the 997 was very similar to the 996, i didn't know if they would put the same flawed engine in as a replacement, or if they had made modifications at the factory, which would make the most sense.
such a miniscule percentage of cars ever had a RMS issue i would not characterize it as a flawed engine. sheesh!

dont understand why people are so concerned with RMS. its not some catastrophic engine failure. its just a drop of oil once in a while. these engines consume oil regardless. and very few cars ever were afflicted.

im much more curious about what happened to the 1st engine. 81k miles is too much for any defect to last, yet not enough for one of these engines to need a rebuild.

so...what happened to the previous engine?

Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Miniscule percentage of cars had an RMS issue? The M96 has a very well documented problem with the RMS and the subsequent recurrence even after being fixed once. My 996 had this issue treated and it was explained that it could lead to IMS failure and was impossible to fix with assurance that the issue would be over. The M96 engine is flawed in this regard.

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...ree/page1.html

Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
such a miniscule percentage of cars ever had a RMS issue i would not characterize it as a flawed engine. sheesh!

dont understand why people are so concerned with RMS. its not some catastrophic engine failure. its just a drop of oil once in a while. these engines consume oil regardless. and very few cars ever were afflicted.

im much more curious about what happened to the 1st engine. 81k miles is too much for any defect to last, yet not enough for one of these engines to need a rebuild.

so...what happened to the previous engine?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
bruceinmiami is on a distinguished road
my car was dry. and i was told that should you find a car that has a dry joint then it would basically never suffer the malady.

that being said, where's the official porsche notice regarding the matter? i still dont believe that it was such a widespread problem because the ones that were affected you will hear talk about...but the thousands which were not you won't ever know about.

i dont see how a slight leak from the RMS could possibly lead to an engine failure UNLESS the owner turns a blind eye and the car eventually bleeds dry. its not a gushing of oil we're talking about here.

this is all as my indie explained it to me. myself i'm not a mechanic. just an enthusiast.

still curious about the 81k engine rebuild from this subject car though! maybe its as you say and the RMS led to PCNA ponying up the new engine even well after warranty expired?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Here is the paperwork from Sonnen on the engine failure:

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Miniscule percentage of cars had an RMS issue? The M96 has a very well documented problem with the RMS and the subsequent recurrence even after being fixed once. My 996 had this issue treated and it was explained that it could lead to IMS failure and was impossible to fix with assurance that the issue would be over. The M96 engine is flawed in this regard.

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...ree/page1.html
The 2nd gear pop out occurs on a ridiculously large amount of 996 Turbo cars as well (mine included) but they didn't issue a TSB for that, and the dealerships' willingness to repair was hit and miss at best for owners.

Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
my car was dry. and i was told that should you find a car that has a dry joint then it would basically never suffer the malady.

that being said, where's the official porsche notice regarding the matter? i still dont believe that it was such a widespread problem because the ones that were affected you will hear talk about...but the thousands which were not you won't ever know about.

i dont see how a slight leak from the RMS could possibly lead to an engine failure UNLESS the owner turns a blind eye and the car eventually bleeds dry. its not a gushing of oil we're talking about here.

this is all as my indie explained it to me. myself i'm not a mechanic. just an enthusiast.

still curious about the 81k engine rebuild from this subject car though! maybe its as you say and the RMS led to PCNA ponying up the new engine even well after warranty expired?
This car has been under, and is still under, a CPO warranty until 3/1/2012 / 100k miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera w/warranty, new engine