Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1972 Datsun 240Z - $125,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute

Year: 1972
Make: Datsun
Model: 260Z
Price: $125000
Mileage: 800
Color: Lime
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

OOoooohhhh... I can imagine. My rear wheel drive 997 had 450 or so wheel HP (s/c and much more). It put me looking down the tunnel at the light a few times! Be safe!

I like that quote, by the way. I think I'll use it and give credit to the "cool internet guy with a GT freakin 2".

Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
yiliceo11 is infamous around these parts
like a new car

Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Jl4punch2 is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous car. GLWS

Old 10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
renesis is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
Thanks PRS7, Dragonman and RFFG!

Renesis, I really appreciate your nod of approval. I remember seeing a gray RX8 there with some nice goodies and red vinyl. Is that you? Again, thanks!
Yep that was me. i drooled over your car while Rich told me all about it. i was getting some major work done myself and waiting for custom Ksport stuffs..... im actually about to sell that car, but not for as admirable of a reason as you unfortunately. im just car restless.

but i shall say again, blakt, your car is sick. sick. sick. it needs pennicillin. this is the type of car that wins HIN, something you would see at SEMA. i have been building sick cars since i was 16, and never have i encountered a 240 with this level of detail. you have money well spent there.

i think this is a pic of my car..... i can never upload photos right.

Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Good underbody shot...

Old 10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
just a thought, but you could post a video of the beast running. give it a good rip down the street and back with some good sound quality..... i think you can post a link to youtube on here. i know i always wanted to hear that thing run. that may help garner more interest for a sale?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Great idea. If it's pretty tomorrow, I'll do it then!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM
NeedSpeed is infamous around these parts
What a beauty!

Bethel SSM! Man, I want to go! I pray that beauty sells

Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 PM
StockToPerforma is infamous around these parts
I'm usually skeptical when I see someone post; "most complete XXXX car" or "the nicest XXXX car in the country" . . .but in this case, I think you may just be right.

Kudos on an impeccable 240Z build and good luck with the sale!

Cheers~

Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
Love the logic, especially reason 1! Not sure if it's Ramsey, but it's great thinking nonetheless. Borrower is always slave to the lender.

JT3 -

Whole truth? Here goes.

1 - My wife and I have the house for sale. We're getting totally out of debt because we are going to go to California to a school/church that will hopefully prepare us for more of a missionary life. (I'm 100% serious. Not a silly joke!) After school, we want to move back to Switzerland or Italy. No reason to have this car sitting here, and it'd be nice to have that cash.

2 - I sold my track car to finish this car. There's so much money wrapped up in the Z that I can't make myself track it. I want a track car. Z's are very important to me. This car is my 14th.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!

Oh, and as for interior pics, I need to actually get some! The interior of this car is 100% stock and 100% PERFECT. I had to track down every piece and replace it or restore it. This is why this car took nearly 4 years (at 40hrs/wk) to finish.

Here's some that I had on my hard drive.

Oh, and the graph (We got five more later, but here's what I have).

Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
YWAM?!!! Maaaaan, I come from a family of YWAMers and Mercy Ship folks!
AWESOME!

Renesis, I really appreciate your nod of approval. I remember seeing a gray RX8 there with some nice goodies and red vinyl. Is that you? Again, thanks!

Dr_jitsu -

Ha! Thanks for that, but I prayed about it and it didn't go your way. Oh well.

If you have $50k laying around, I'm sure that I can put that AND one of those cars in your sig into the Lord's work!

It's true though. I was actually in Thailand building homes and a school for Burmese refugees during most of the build of this car. I pretty much just gave the shop carte blanche and a blank check to go "over the top". I just would never have imagined that the bill would have been what it turned out to be. This car cannot, absolutely cannot, be replicated for near my asking price... and I started with a nice car in the beginning!

Edit (addition) - I will, however, give you a valid receipt that the extra $75k WAS INDEED used to support my family and I while abroad trying to make the world a bit better! That's for sure. Essentially, the proceeds from this will support us, supplemented by my earnings which will be severely cut due to being 'out of the office'.

Here's the school we'll be going to: http://www.ibethel.org/site/bethel-s...tural-ministry

And then we'll be off to work with this organization: YWAM (Youth With A Mission). Unfortunately, their site is down right now. Odd...

I put these links up there knowing that most of you will think I'm a freak, but... really, who isn't in their own way?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Sorry bro, one more bump, I used to go to Bethel when I lived in CA and we listen to Bethel/Bill Johson weekly online! We're brothers, but haven't ever met, yet.

Dr_jitsu -

Ha! Thanks for that, but I prayed about it and it didn't go your way. Oh well.

If you have $50k laying around, I'm sure that I can put that AND one of those cars in your sig into the Lord's work!

It's true though. I was actually in Thailand building homes and a school for Burmese refugees during most of the build of this car. I pretty much just gave the shop carte blanche and a blank check to go "over the top". I just would never have imagined that the bill would have been what it turned out to be. This car cannot, absolutely cannot, be replicated for near my asking price... and I started with a nice car in the beginning!

Edit (addition) - I will, however, give you a valid receipt that the extra $75k WAS INDEED used to support my family and I while abroad trying to make the world a bit better! That's for sure. Essentially, the proceeds from this will support us, supplemented by my earnings which will be severely cut due to being 'out of the office'.

Here's the school we'll be going to: http://www.ibethel.org/site/bethel-s...tural-ministry

And then we'll be off to work with this organization: YWAM (Youth With A Mission). Unfortunately, their site is down right now. Odd...

I put these links up there knowing that most of you will think I'm a freak, but... really, who isn't in their own way?

Old 10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by StockToPerforma
I'm usually skeptical when I see someone post; "most complete XXXX car" or "the nicest XXXX car in the country" . . .but in this case, I think you may just be right.

Kudos on an impeccable 240Z build and good luck with the sale!

Cheers~
I totally understand. I cringed when I wrote it, but I thought... "This is a Datsun. I've got to somehow relate what this car is." Still, I should've put a quote down.

For example, "This is the most complete modernization of a 240Z that I've ever seen." Peter Brock

Or, "*****in!" Peter Brock

Those are real, actually.

As for you other guys, how awesome! Bethel and YWAM on here? So good.

Yeah, the night I met my wife was my intro to YWAM. She had just gotten her letter from Gioventu in Missione (YWAM Italy) that she was accepted. I celebrated with her and her friends on the beach. She left in less than 3 months from that point, but I knew she'd be my wife. I flew over to Italy and stayed on the base with them for 2 weeks, and left totally changed (and engaged!) That was 2001. Since then, we've gone to numerous bases whenever we had the time. I was heavily invested in real estate during the crash, so I took some time off to get my brain back. This was in 2008. We went on a Snowboarders DTS to Davos Switzerland where we were for 3 months or so, and then went to Thailand to build homes and a school for Burmese refugees. Erin (my wife) came home early to the US, because we had found out in Switzerland that she was pregnant. She left Thailand at 28 weeks and came home. I stayed out my time in Thailand and then spent two more weeks in Switzerland.

We've been watching iBethelTV or listening to the podcasts (and reading Danny Silk, Bill Johnson, Kris Valloton) for most of the past 8 years. They've been HUGE for us, because we've moved 9 times in those 8 years, and having a steady stream of Truth coming to you through all those moves is wonderful.

So yeah. I'll be more clear. We're moving to Redding. We're doing the SSM. Then, we plan to give a big commitment to YWAM as staff, or to travel around Europe with YWAM talking at DTSs about husband/wife relationship and business.

I really don't want to sell the Z, but I'm putting it out there. Know what I mean? It would sure make those travels less stressful, but also possibly less reliant on God. Who knows. I'm not stressing over it, because we're carrying on with our plans regardless.

Thanks for stopping in on here guys!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
hoodie, since you are clearly new here, and obviously have not read the posting rules, i thought it prudent to bring you up to date on the topic at hand.
DO NOT...
...comment about price in someone else's thread or hijack a thread by going off topic.
If you would like to negotiate the price, do it via PM. Do not comment about the price being too high. Do not make negative remarks or inflammatory comments about items that are for sale.

you clearly do not have much of an idea about the cost it requires to restore a car to this level, seeing as this car OBVIOUSLY has more than 125k in it, and if you have nothing nice to say dont bother.

now, back to the sale....... how conservative is the tune blakt? if one was to desire to turn up the boost, how much room would he have, not considering things like methanol injection?

Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 PM
"So yeah. I'll be more clear. We're moving to Redding."
i have a cousin that lives in redding!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1972 Datsun 240Z - $125,000