Location (State):

Item Condition:

early M5 build slot/ December delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:03 AM
gt2next is on a distinguished road
F/S:early M5 build slot/ December delivery

anybody interested in buying my slot for the new M5? I have been on the waiting list for almost 4 years now and am one of the first in line, so am told delivery should be in december. i just received my order sheet today, so you can spec it out any color or options you desire. best offer. this is just for the early build slot/allocation.
david

Old 08-28-2005, 08:42 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
did you wait 4 years to make a profit? Maximize your earnings.. use Ebay.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Zach is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I'm not very sure. You could try cars.com / autotrader.com (and of course ebaymotors.com) but other than that I'm not sure. Good luck.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:56 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
are you giving up your spot?? or do you really mean to sell the spot. if so, how much? that would only make sense if your spot will lead to a purchase at MSRP.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:17 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
David,
selling a spot might not work as easy as u think. u might have to check with the dealer first. however, i think if really don't want it the best way to get out of it is to order the car in the most common way. take it, then sell it privately. i'm sure u know better, i hope the car is not from CA otherwise u screwed in tax unless u lease it.

good luck.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by trovan
are you giving up your spot?? or do you really mean to sell the spot. if so, how much? that would only make sense if your spot will lead to a purchase at MSRP.
it's too early to put a number on it since the car has not even hit the market yet, but i will sell my spot at market value...whatever that turns out to be. i don't think i am going to buy the car for myself afterall. i MAY if i decide i need another 4 door after seeing this one in person (and falling head over heels in love with it), but doubt it will move me that hard. 2 4 doors is not necessary for a single guy! i've heard dealers are getting $20k over for the first month or two allocation, but it is pre-mature at this time to speculate. afterall, the last M5 was getting premiums all the way up until they were discontinued....
i don't expect to get $20k, but maybe a small fraction of that number. why wouldn't i if there is money to be made on it and i decide i don't want it? even $3k is better than nothing. afterall, this is not exactly hard work!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
alright - wife & I just agreed that we would get the new M5 IF it comes in automatic(steptronic)???

Please tell me I didn't get owned by my wife bu telling me that they are only made in SMG or manuals???

Old 08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
well, you both are right.....the new M5 comes w/ SMG transmission, which can be driven as an automatic OR manual, minus the 3rd clutch pedal.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
she refuses to drive SMG but I can't say I blame her. But she also refuses to learn how to drive a manual - so it looks like it'll be the 545 which I can't complain about either

Old 08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
aintME is on a distinguished road
SMG can be used as a plain ol' vanilla automatic if you so desire. You don't NEED to perform manual shifts. Also, i'm not sure, but I think due to public (U.S.) demand, they are releasing a 6 speed manual of the M5 for the U.S. market. Whereas SMG will be a 7-speed.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:33 PM
i have just put the order in today and it is as follows:
silverstone silver (light silver)
black leather interior w/ aluminum trim
rear side airbags
comfort access (keyless-go)
m multifuction seats w/ active width adj.
seat ventilation
heads up display
sirius satellite radio
full leather interior w/ alcantara roofliner

the only options i did not spec were: the power rear blinds, either of the wood tims, the folding rear seats (dealer said they all rattle), or rear heated seats. delivery time should be in november or december, and i still have time to change the order if anybody wishes.