Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS TX: 97 TT 6sp Supra - proven 9s car, with trailer, and LOTS of extras - $60K obo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
FS TX: 97 TT 6sp Supra - proven 9s car, with trailer, and LOTS of extras - $60K obo

Year: 1997
Make: Toyota
Model: Supra
Price: $60000
Mileage: 166000
Color: DJG
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Name:Zach Webb
Phone:eight three 0 3 zero 5 seven 7 nine three
email : zwebb76 at gmail dot com

All:

I have come to a point in my life where I think I am done with my Supra, many of you know me personally and know the quality of parts and the quality of my build - The car is a proven 9.x car, has gone as fast as 9.62 with traps as high as 151. It was the class winner at TX2K13, placed second at TX2K12, and if it doesn't sell will win this year at TX2K14.

I have a list of over 87k$ worth of parts on the car, NOT including any labor required to install. There is not a single part that has *not* been upgraded, replaced, or renewed. When I chose parts, I chose high quality well proven parts rather than custom fabrication or cheap parts. The list of parts is comprehensive and does NOT include any money put into parts that are no longer on the car - i.e. I have gone through several turbos, headers, and exhaust systems.

For the asking price you will get the car, clean and clear TX title, every spare part I have, 4 sets of wheels, extra interior, 2 sets of seats, a 24' enclosed trailer with all new tires, 2 spares, and AC. I will also DELIVER this car anywhere in the continental US. I will also split the price of a plane ticket for you to come inspect the vehicle prior to purchase. Last and not least, I will include a full claybar detail and paint correct, as well as inside shampoo and detail. The car will look as good as it can.

Everything is negotiable, but don't expect me to come down much if you want the ENTIRE package delivered to your front door.

I can't stress enough how much extra stuff I have for this car, If I sell the car I don't want ANY of it, things like the car cover, and misc parts that have been removed will end up in boxes for you to sort through, sell, or throw away.

The Details:

1997 DJG TT original 6speed - 166k on the chassis. All original paint, all vin tags in place. Less than 1500 miles on new motor, new clutch, refreshed diff.

PERFORMANCE

• ProEFI 128+
  •  
    • Oil Temp
    • Oil Pressure
    • AIT
    • MAP
    • Exhaust BP (emap)
    • Coolant Temp
    • Flex Fuel
    • Boost Control
    • Traction Control
    • Flush mounted Can Display/Logger (brand new) with logging stick run to center console
    • DIL/Shiftlight run to security LED
    • Staged Fueling (3 pumps)
    • Hundreds of hours worth of tuning - my car was used for development and refinement of the supra MAP by both proEFI and D3, stock like drivability and good gas mileage even on Ethanol
  • Fuel System
    • Triple Aeromotive 340 fuel pumps
    • 3 spare pumps (I thought one had failed, they hadnt)
    • -8 Feed to y'd -6s to rail, -6 return
    • 10 micron stainless filter
    • FIC 2150 injectors
    • Hypertune Fuelrail modified with center return
  • Full-race Hotside - fully recirc'd
    • Full-race T4 Header
    • Full-race DP
    • Full-race MP
    • Dual Tial MVR 44mm wastegates
    • custom fab work to recirc gates into DP/MP
  • Precision PT6766BB 1.15AR
  • ETS 4" Black annodized intercooler
  • HKS Ti 4" Exhaust
  • Fully built longblock
    • 8.9:1 comp JE pistons
    • Carillo HD rods
    • upgraded pins
    • fully built stock size ferrara valvetrain
    • GSC S2 Cams
    • ATI dampner
    • Lightwweight aluminum, stock size accessory pullies
    • LQ9 Mojo coil setup
  • Hyptertune 90mm Intake/TB
  • Tial Q BoV
~$32,880

The motor was built and assembled by Induction Performance, most other wrenching has been done by myself or with the aid of friends including the removal and install of the built motor.

Rolling Stock and Drivetrain

• Ksport DR coilovers
  • Brembo BBK Front
  • Brembo BBK Rear
  • Supra NA Brakes for Drag Wheels
  • Wheels
    • 20" Volk TE37s - Mercury Silver
      • 20x10.5R +45, 305/25/20 Pilot Sport PS2 - 70%
      • 20x9.5F + 43, 255/30/20 Pilot Sport PS2 - 80%
    • 18" Forgestar F14s
      • 18x11R + 50 305/35/18 MT DR - 60%
      • 18x9.5F + 44 265/35/18 PIlot Super Sport - 99% (brand new)
    • 19" Work VS-XX
      • Custom Bronze Center, Black lip and barrel
      • NEVER MOUNTED TIRES YET, No Tires (These will be on the car at TX2K14 if not sold)
      • 19x10.5R, 19x8.5F
    • 16/17" CCW Classic Drag Pack
      • 16x10 Rear - Hoosier 28x10.50x16 with 8 Passes (New at FL2K)
      • 17x4.5 Front - Cut specifically to clear my front BBK, includes custom spacers, M&H Front Runners, with maybe 50 passes
  • OS Giken Super Lock Diff
  • DSS PRO Level Axles and Hubs
  • Performance Motorsports 2 piece Driveshaft
  • PHR Solid Diff and Subframe Bushings
  • Mintspeed Titanium front strut bar
  • RPS Triple Carbon Clutch
~$40,250.00

Interior

• Audio
    • Pioneer 920BT
    • JL HD900.1 5 channel amp
    • JLW3 Ported 8" Box in stock location
    • Inifinity Front Components
    • Infinity rear Coax
  • Seats
    • Recaro Front Seats, black/suede and red stitching
    • Bride rails and sliders for both passenger and driver
    • Sparco Seats - not currently installed in car
    • Black rear seats (original color of interior is tan)
    • Spare TAN front and rear seats
  • PHR 4pt bolt in cage
  • Rear Harness bar was modified to be at a more safe angle and provide better seat room. This cage would need to be repowder coated or painted to be perfect - Rear harness bar is now removable via collar and ARP hardware
  • Simpson racing 3" 5pt - Expires in January/2014
  • Full LED conversion of gauge cluster (red/white)
  • 98 Steering wheel
  • Cs Billet Short Throw Shifter
  • 93-96 Shifter (I use this while drag racing, the Cs is a bit too notchy)
  • 20% Tint Throughout car
  • AEM 50 psi digital boost gauge
  • ProEFI Candisplay with Logger
  • Single and Double Pillar gauge mounts, currently double is installed
~$12,425.00

Miscellaneous Notables

• new 98 headlights, including a SPARE set never installed
  • 925CCA dry cell battery Relocated to Trunk
  • 200 AMP master breaker in rear
  • Relocated Power Steering Res, all AN fittings for pump and can
~$2725.00

Except for the recently installed intake manifold, every part is coated in black ceramic zirconia coatings by Cradin Coatings in Boerne, TX - I will pay to finish the coatings that are not done - I was planning on doing the new manifold and piping in black to match the rest of the build

Not including the price of the car, or the trailer there is nearly $88k in the car TODAY as it sits.

The Trailer

The trailer is a 24' Enclosed Haulmark trailer, insulated with wood panel inside, has AC and is wired for A/C lighting. The floor has stick on tiles some of which are peeling up. The trailer is reliable and has all new 10 ply tires with 2 full and proper spares. It has 2 5klb axles and trailer brake on both axles. It is a light grey color. It is NOT perfect it could use a little love, new rear door stops for example, pulling the old stick on tiles up and replacing with something else, etc.

The Delivery

I will load the car up and every part, bolt, bit and byte that will fit in the trailer and deliver it to your doorstep or place of work. I will NOT help you unload and organize all the stuff, I WILL help you unload the car and go do some donuts with you somewhere. - I will deliver this vehicle anywhere in the continental US, I would consider Alaska maybe but short of you paying for some diesel not likely. I will EAT the cost of delivery to your door if this package sells for full price, otherwise it becomes a negotiable item. Both the car and the trailer are clear and clean titles.

The Deal

Listen, like you - I don't really have time to waste playing numbers games so I'll want to get down to brass tax right away. I would prefer to sell EVERY item I have for the car all in one big package - I travel too much for work to spend time parting out and selling things like 4 sets of wheels. However with that said, everything is negotiable.

More on next post.

Last edited by zmw; 01-02-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
(Begin Opinion And Narrative Section)
The Good:

This car is put together very very well, when I started my Supra build years ago I had one goal, and that was to be deliberate in every purchase I made. I have built what I believe is a reliable car, with all of the highest quality parts. I chose the products I did because I wasn't willing to sacrifice reliability for that extra 1% of performance. I also made decisions based on drivability and flexibility. I have done everything with this car ranging from long range driving (Read my documented 5k mile road trip to Montana and back on Supra Forums), Road racing, Texas Mile, and my latest thing Drag racing.

This car has gone 201.7 mph at the Texas mile (the only 67mm Supra in my knowledge to have done so), has gone as fast as 9.62 in the 1/4 (FL2K), and road raced at harris hill pushing the upper limits of cars like a GT3.

I bought this car with 133k miles on it on Supra Forums, I have put 33K miles on it in the past 4 years, and only 1500 of which have been in the past 2 years, and less than 500 in this year. It currently sits in my garage and gets driven a few times a month, started every few days but doesn't get driven like it used to as I just don't have time anymore.

I have broken everything - a motor, a drive shaft, broken axles, broken a clutch, etc - every time I have broken anything I upgraded it thoughtfully and with a well proven replacement capable of far more abuse than I had planned on doling out (example: the axles are capable of 2000hp, and the clutch will hold over 1500 ft/lb)

Currently the car makes Approximately 850-900WHP, the reason I say approximately is because during my last tune we discovered a breakup issue that required we stop at 853whp - I took the car off the dyno, replaced the coils with the LQ9 setup, and cleaned up the fuel system , we never finished the all in tune - I can only verify the 853 whp, although we had plenty of room to go. I will pay to get this tune finished by Chris Delgado @ D3 prior to the sell.

The Bad:

This is a drivers car - This is not a show car. It has original paint that is in good condition for a car with it's miles. It benefits from having one of the few multistage colors that was available originally on the supra.

There are a few nicks and dings in the car, I will happily fix all of these for ANY buyer prior to sell - regardless of the price we negotiate, I will get the car PDR'd and touched up but I want to be honest about it and show you the things that would need to be fixed.

It could use a respray of the front hood and bumper, but I can't bring myself to do it - it has all original paint today and if I repaint it I would very likely do a full custom color change, engine and glass out, the problem with that is that then I have to start caring about the paint more than I do about having fun in the car. As it sits today I can drive the car into the trailer, take it to the track, click of 9sec passes, and come home. I like that.

The car has become loud. I have made some modifications that if I am honest with everyone I wish I hadn't. The biggest one is the change to solid sub frame bushings - it really made the NVH in the vehicle go up a lot - It is the one Mod I wish I hadn't done.

The rear diff pops and clunks - the OS giken is unfortunately noisy, but it is bullet proof and adjustable. OS giken claims to have NEVER broken one of these diffs, and should you WANT to return to road racing it can be tuned, unlike the TRD or other full 2 way locked diffs. the OS giken is a true 1.5 way adjustable diff.

there are things that need to be finished if I were to sell the car. For example, the Mojo wiring harness is 8 feet long, it needs to be trimmed and tucked properly, to do this in my mind requires removing the intake manifold. Since I have already stated that I would pay to coat the intake manifold prior to sell I will also tuck and clean this up at that time.

I put my reputation on the line, This car will be sold with no outstanding issues that we have not previously discussed... My reputation and visibility in this community, and the supra community I think speaks for itself.

The car has been featured on 1320's web page, took second at FL2K, took first at TX2K, it's not hard to find additional photos and videos of it.

Respectfully - Zach

Last edited by zmw; 01-02-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
zmw

the video above shows the car in it's most current state with the hypertune etc.

Car as it sits currently in my garage

Got beat by the Nova in the right lane who had been running 8.50s all day.

Clean Interior with Recaros, this pic is slightly older - I know because the stickers on the window are different now...

Red LED color change, shown in the light - with the flush mount Can Display

close up of the flush display

Older set of wheels

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1374991_10151959729432112_1777863601_n.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	316948   Click image for larger version

Name:	6590131095_39640eb6b9_z.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	316949   Click image for larger version

Name:	6590108037_b3e255dbc6_z.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	316950   Click image for larger version

Name:	6590097023_a11c45fafa_z.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	316951   Click image for larger version

Name:	6590099375_552359881a_z.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	316952  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4991792504_a5fd6de7ba_z.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	316953   Click image for larger version

Name:	4512595545_b5ca4f1999_z.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	316954  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
zmw
Note: that because I am listing this on 6speed, I would consider trades for 996 or 997.1 GT2/3/turbo cars - and would consider the deal with and without the trailer.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:21 AM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car- really like the color! Nice Evo IX SE seats too btw

Old 01-03-2014, 11:02 AM
zmw
They're good seats, I Was very specific about wanting the SE seats, but honestly they are a bit tall and a bit heavy which is why I also have the sparcos, just haven't put them in the car yet. I almost put 2009 GTR seats in the car but they weighed over 100 lbs each ;P

Old 01-06-2014, 02:31 PM
zmw
bump, and probably the only one I'll make...

Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 AM
zmw
This car is sold, lock it up.