Location (State):

Item Condition:

Wtb: 2001 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
rsrracer is an unknown quantity at this point
AllBoost:

My car is still for sale, I'll give it to you for $77K including 3 sets of wheels, PSS9s, and a few other items.

Oh, and I'll also include your entry fee to a local PCA Drivers Ed to teach you how to drive the car.

Because, after all, it's not "all boost" that makes this car what it is.

So, here is your car, $77K, nice but no garage queen.

Good luck finding your car if not mine.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:20 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
ok, well , then ....

I specifically told you $80K, non negotiable, without (added within the last month) the mods…......you responded,,,, that you could get the same car on the east coast without having to worry about it being raced or abused for $78k….so......â€sorry Ed, I’ll have to pass.†If I am mistaken please, please correct me….I understand wanting to get a good deal but don’t waste peoples time man….
Allboost, I don’t know you from Adam and you very well may be serious. If I am wrong I apologize in advance, however, my price to you has now changed and gone up to $155K, just in case someone sees you in my car I want it to be worth it to me to have to have to hear about it.

The wheels BTW were HRE 547R’s that I bought from Bob on this board…which by the way was a great deal and I love the wheels…so thanks again Bob…I really appreciate your help..

Old 02-20-2004, 06:44 AM
Banned
All Boost is on a distinguished road
Re: ok, well , then ....

Originally posted by fasteddiett
I specifically told you $80K, non negotiable, without (added within the last month) the mods…......you responded,,,, that you could get the same car on the east coast without having to worry about it being raced or abused for $78k….so......â€sorry Ed, I’ll have to pass.†If I am mistaken please, please correct me….I understand wanting to get a good deal but don’t waste peoples time man….
I'm not wasting your time... My offer of $80k for your car with all of the mods still stands. If you change your mind, I *AM* a buyer, so please stop suggesting that I'm a tire kicker.

Marc

Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Banned
Originally posted by rsrracer
AllBoost:

My car is still for sale, I'll give it to you for $77K including 3 sets of wheels, PSS9s, and a few other items.

Oh, and I'll also include your entry fee to a local PCA Drivers Ed to teach you how to drive the car.

Because, after all, it's not "all boost" that makes this car what it is.

So, here is your car, $77K, nice but no garage queen.

Good luck finding your car if not mine.
PM sent.

Old 02-20-2004, 06:50 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: ok, well , then ....

Originally posted by All Boost
I'm not wasting your time... My offer of $80k for your car with all of the mods still stands. If you change your mind, I *AM* a buyer, so please stop suggesting that I'm a tire kicker.

Marc

"As I said, one car was raced and the other was modded. I'm really trying to find a clean, unmolested factory original car."

Why are you interested in buying a modded car now?

Eric

Old 02-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Banned
Re: Re: Re: ok, well , then ....

Originally posted by CAPTLST
"As I said, one car was raced and the other was modded. I'm really trying to find a clean, unmolested factory original car."

Why are you interested in buying a modded car now?

Eric
I'll buy a modded car or a car that's been raced if the price is right. rsrracer just dropped his price $3K, so it's more appealing to me now. It also comes with some nice extras such as extra wheels, GT3 seats, etc.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:18 AM
alamein is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by All Boost
That's funny, I actually thought I was a little high with my range. Seems like these cars have really depreciated recently. I checked the true wholesale value of a 2001 996TT with 10k miles and was astonished to find that it was only $71k according to Galves, the black book that dealers here in NY use.
but that's not reflective of the market, look how long it has taken to purchase one even at 80k. They are the ones that have been ridden hard and or have some other issues and/or their sellers need to get rid of the car quick. Fire sale.

I'm sure you will find a car you want at that price, however it's not true that all 01's are worth only 75 or even 80k.

these cars are coming off of warranty shortly ... well maintained and well taken care of turbos should fetch a premium. As in any product/market, there are different prices for different quality of vehicles, and that includes sellers who don't want to wait (lower than avg. price) and also buyers who don't want to wait (higher than avg. price).

plus showing questionable E*BAY & Autotrader links are not reflective of the market either. Scam sellers, buying cars without even seeing them, shipping charges, etc all decrease the value of the vehicle.

If it were me, I would pay at least an extra $5-10k if the car was a local vehicle from a dealer with clear service history and unmodded/raced/etc with no accidents with good detailing/waxing/etc throughout its life. Plus need to have options vs. base cars.

From what I've seen 75k or 80k is either the bottom of the barrel turbos OR a desparate seller.

Last edited by alamein; 02-20-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:38 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
great deal for me to sell it to you at $80k....I'll be sure to get it detailed for you so you can pick it up tomorrow ... and, I'll fill the tank up with premium while I am at it.
Dude, if you can find a 9.5k mile perfect car with new hre 19"s , tires, k24, pss9's, fabdspeed exhaust, and all the stock parts in a box, with out a scratch on it , then forward it to me and i'll buy as a spare... best of luck to you...Im outta here.

BTW- if anyone has a 03 or 04 GT2 for between $90k and $100k I am a cash buyer as well of course, it has to be stock, clean, not raced, the right color, location, you have to deliver it to my house, wash and wax it...and I'll figure out a few more stipulations as we go..thanks!!

Old 02-20-2004, 03:00 PM
h20tt is on a distinguished road
great deal for me to sell it to you at $80k....I'll be sure to get it detailed for you so you can pick it up tomorrow ... and, I'll fill the tank up with premium while I am at it.
Dude, if you can find a 9.5k mile perfect car with new hre 19"s , tires, k24, pss9's, fabdspeed exhaust, and all the stock parts in a box, with out a scratch on it , then forward it to me and i'll buy as a spare... best of luck to you...Im outta here.

BTW- if anyone has a 03 or 04 GT2 for between $90k and $100k I am a cash buyer as well of course, it has to be stock, clean, not raced, the right color, location, you have to deliver it to my house, wash and wax it...and I'll figure out a few more stipulations as we go..thanks!!

Old 02-20-2004, 03:43 PM
sorry, now I am just being a wise ***...for something to do... really good luck find a TT.....

Old 02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Man, this thread is almost as long as CJV's S-Cargo!

Old 02-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Aron is on a distinguished road
This is the thread that never ends. Oh yes it goes on and on my friend. This is the thread that never ends....

Old 02-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Banned
MTBR is on a distinguished road
Damn, this guy sure knows what he wants

Old 02-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Banned

You know, you're absolutely right...I think you'd be better off trading it in on the GT2 you want. Perhaps the dealer would give you $75K if you paid sticker on the GT2?

Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wtb: 2001 996tt