Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

The Tire Rack Introduces the OZ Alleggerita

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Do they take your wheels off at tech?
stock Porsche caps can be pulled with a tool or coat hanger thanks to two small holes in the colored crest (at least mine have always had that 'feature').

However, they wouldn't bother with actually doing that while you're in a tech line, with folks piled up in line behind you, all waiting to get going with the day, and sometimes in 30 degree weather. I should have been more clear. I said " I think they used to recommend that you pull them off while in the tech line" and I suppose I could have been more specific:

In the tech line, the volunteers will often say something like "you know, you really should take your center caps off while you're driving on the track"

but then I suppose you'd ask me how you do that at speed in turn 2!

Also, I think they leave guys alone who are driving a bone stock car with street tires. Someone with track wheels is expected to know that and they get called out.

With that said, I've noticed that different regions/geos have different things that get harped on - usually due to one or two isolated incidents. I could provide examples, but don't want to bother. But - I could see where they might not mention that at other events.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
Are you running 6 piston GT3 calipers, brembo floating rotors, MPSC's, stainless lines, GT3 ducts, pagid yellows, and Motul fluid?

No? Then I doubt it
Na, just pagid yellows with Castrol SRF, GT3 ducts and Hoosier R6s. I suspect your larger calipers (larger heat sink) help keep your brakes cooler than my stock calipers - could be why you didn't melt the hot glue.

Last edited by obsessed; 05-25-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jack667
stock Porsche caps can be pulled with a tool or coat hanger thanks to two small holes in the colored crest (at least mine have always had that 'feature').
I haven't looked at them in a while because I never take the caps out, but non-oem caps normally have to be popped out from the backside requiring the wheel to come off. At least thats they way my past two set of non OEM wheels worked with non-oem caps. The OEM caps certainly sound much easier to work with.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by obsessed

If you use center caps on track DO NOT use the carbon fiber ones - apparently the carbon fiber disc is hot glued to the plastic part that snaps into wheel - after my 1st track session 3 of the 4 centers were missing the carbon fiber discs.
He got his caps replaced, and if anyone has this issue I will happily replace the caps as well. This is one of the reasons caps on the track are better left in the glove box!

By the way, of all the Allegeritas I have sold this is the ONLY set I have had any kind of centercap issue with. Scouts honor.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

Last edited by damon@tirerack; 05-24-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't looked at them in a while because I never take the caps out, but non-oem caps normally have to be popped out from the backside requiring the wheel to come off. At least thats they way my past two set of non OEM wheels worked with non-oem caps. The OEM caps certainly sound much easier to work with.
He's right. I don't know of any aftermarket caps that have the holes to remove like some OEM caps do.

Or use this link:
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 AM
obsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to beholdobsessed is a splendid one to behold
[quote=damon@tirerack;2851232]He got his caps replaced, and if anyone has this issue I will happily replace the caps as well. This is one of the reasons caps on the track are better left in the glove box!

Yes, Damon took care of me.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
itsphoenix is on a distinguished road
The weight and price for the Alleggerita HLT seems great.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM
PHOENIX RISING is on a distinguished road
Would love this wheel in 19" anthracite for my white 997. . . . sigh. Oh well maybe soon!

Old 11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Here is a few pics of our show car with OZs. Love the wheels but the carbon caps are awful...We went with stock porsche caps that are made for Cayenne Turbo wheels. The color match is almost perfect and the look really good.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
what color code/name are the stock cayenne wheel caps... they do look good....

I wonder if you change out the wheel bolts for a darker color; they kind of stand out and grey/black ones may be a better combo... ??

Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C70Pete
what color code/name are the stock cayenne wheel caps... they do look good....

I wonder if you change out the wheel bolts for a darker color; they kind of stand out and grey/black ones may be a better combo... ??
Not sure about the color code for the center caps...Thanks!

We were thinking about getting the wheel bolts powder coated or painted to match the wheels, since the stock bolts are also very weathered.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
A good customer of mine just picked up a few sets set for his race car. I thought you guys would like to see it. Thanks Scott.

Attached Images  

Or use this link:
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM
dblcrwn will become famous soon enough
Bad *** wheels

Attached Images  

Last edited by dblcrwn; 05-25-2013 at 08:59 PM.