Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

996TT: RARE SCarGo carbon fiber plenum & alum Y-pipe, EVOMS ICs, AP CF dual intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
996TT: RARE SCarGo carbon fiber plenum & alum Y-pipe, EVOMS ICs, AP CF dual intake

Update: 6/22/09: EVERYTHING IS SOLD. Thanks.

roadsterdoc@yahoo.com
  • SOLD. Vivid AP carbon fiber dual inlet intake. SOLD
  • SOLD. SCarGo carbon fiber inlet plenum and piping (from MAF housing to turbos). Impressively designed with no restrictions like the stock piping and a fraction of the weight. A super rare item which I found here on the forum, but after purchase I realized that it was missing pieces. SCarGo was nice enough to sell me new replacement parts so here is the complete kit. The photos show duct tape on the crossover pipe which was placed for protection only (pipe is perfect). SOLD.
  • SOLD. EVOMS (Evolution Motorsports) Clubsport intercoolers. Considered by many to have the best IC inlet/outlet design. New, never installed. SOLD.
  • Speed Gallery Alumninum Y-pipe (from ICs to throttle body). Huge I.D. compared to stock and much lighter than the heavy oem cast part. SOLD.

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 06-22-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: update parts sold
Old 06-01-2009, 01:42 AM
1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of
can you PM me the dimension on the i/c's (height X width (thickness) X length of the core)??? and i'm also interested in the Y-pipe.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If it is not used, send it back for store credit

Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM
1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
can you PM me the dimension on the i/c's (height X width (thickness) X length of the core)??? and i'm also interested in the Y-pipe.
Doc you there?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:58 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Doc you there?
1JDM911- Howdy! Didn't intend to ignore you but I did not get a chance to measure the ICs. Should be able to do it tonight. If you are not familiar with them, they are up to the task for any setup as they have been proven on a certain 1009 rwhp car here on 6speed. Here are specs from the EVOMS website:

-33% larger core than OEM GT2 intercooler core
-Flows 36-49% more air than OEM 996TT/GT2 Intercoolers
-Direct replacement for the OEM intercoolers
-Extremely efficient closely stacked bar and plate type core design
-Reduced pressure drops while maximizing heat dissipation
-3-D CAD designed cast aluminum / CNC machined end tanks offer a perfect OEM fit while maximizing flow and efficiency. (Inlet end tank have approximately 200% more volume. Outlet end tank has approximately 60% more volume)
-Improved boost response as well as increased mid to top end power & torque

----------------------------------------------------------

Dan- thanks for the generous offer. That would make a nice inroad to the Brembos!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
prices include shipping ?
thanx

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneOFDeatH
prices include shipping ?
thanx
Shipping isn't free, especially to Kuwait! Let me know what you want and your shipping info.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
1JDM911- Howdy! Didn't intend to ignore you but I did not get a chance to measure the ICs. Should be able to do it tonight.
No prob Doc! I knew it was the weekend and you were probably gone.

thanks for the info above! really helpful, although i'm not aimming to hit any # close to that, but "cooling" is a must for the response-endurance setup which I'm going after; but on the other hand, I'm not sure how much street driving (or even track driving) it takes to fully ultilize these ICs to its potential as oppose to the GT2 ICs.

I'm still doing more research on that, but till then the dimension would help; so what the info you pasted is saying, is that these would be direct replacement without modifying any connecting pipes? it's just thicker in core size while the end tank has the same outlet/inlet exits but just in different material than the stock ones or stock gt2's? I hope I'm reading it right.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Got home last night and became involved with my family and completely forgot to measur ethe ICs! I'll make a note for myself to do it tonight.

..."cooling" is a must for the response-endurance setup which I'm going after; but on the other hand, I'm not sure how much street driving (or even track driving) it takes to fully ultilize these ICs to its potential as oppose to the GT2 ICs.
A quick search on will provide lots of information regarding these, the GT2 ICs, and others available. Bottom line, the GT2 ICs are slightly better than stock (people say 10%) but not close to the aftermarket units in flow and efficiency.

...these would be direct replacement without modifying any connecting pipes? it's just thicker in core size while the end tank has the same outlet/inlet exits but just in different material than the stock ones or stock gt2's?...
These are a direct fit but require some trimming of the stock plastic mounting frames. The end tanks are completely redesigned and much improved. The inlets/outlets are larger ID than stock and they do not use the restrictive stock couplings; instead you will need the upgraded silicone hoses which use hose clamps.

Here is a pic of the GT2 IC inlets vs EVOMS:

Old 06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Damn, so tempting...must resist... Those intercoolers are sexy! I wish I could justify the $$$... I have heat soaked my stockers on a few trackdays and such...(can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into it, LOL).

Free bump! Great products! Good luck selling...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks Kato...you are right...you need them.

1JDM911- Finally measured them...core dimensions are 14 x 8.5 x 3.5 in per intercooler.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 AM
These are a direct fit but require some trimming of the stock plastic mounting frames. The end tanks are completely redesigned and much improved. The inlets/outlets are larger ID than stock and they do not use the restrictive stock couplings; instead you will need the upgraded silicone hoses which use hose clamps.
How much trimming would you say it is required on the stock plastic? and do you have the upgraded silicone hoses w/ clamps for these? if not, what size are the silicone hoses? I'm assuming they've the same openings on each end, not like one of those reducers.

1JDM911- Finally measured them...core dimensions are 14 x 8.5 x 3.5 in per intercooler.
Thanks for the measures! Helps a lot!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
How much trimming would you say it is required on the stock plastic? and do you have the upgraded silicone hoses w/ clamps for these? if not, what size are the silicone hoses? I'm assuming they've the same openings on each end, not like one of those reducers...
I have not done the installation myself, but I understand it is not hard and is something that any capable DIYer can do. As with many things, patience is better than brute force.
New clamps are incleded with the ICs. You can use EVOMS hoses. The red silicone hoses in the photos have been shortened to use with the Y-pipe and will be included if the ICs are purchased together with the Y-pipe.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Update: 6/11/09: Only one part remains: "Speed Gallery Alumninum Y-pipe (from ICs to throttle body). Huge I.D. compared to stock and much lighter than the heavy oem cast part. Originally $1000, will take $600." Price lowered: $450 and I will include the two modified upper EVOMS silicone hoses that go from the ICs to this Y-pipe.

roadsterdoc@yahoo.com

Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Update: 6/11/09: Only one part remains: "Speed Gallery Alumninum Y-pipe (from ICs to throttle body). Huge I.D. compared to stock and much lighter than the heavy oem cast part. Originally $1000, will take $600." Price lowered: $450 and I will include the two modified upper EVOMS silicone hoses that go from the ICs to this Y-pipe.

roadsterdoc@yahoo.com
do you have a picture of another car with it installed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT: RARE SCarGo carbon fiber plenum & alum Y-pipe, EVOMS ICs, AP CF dual intake