Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Cascade will become famous soon enoughCascade will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up 19” iForged Monaco Flat Black w/Toyo Proxes T1R | 996 Widebody/997

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $2995
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): IL
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

*****************SOLD*********************

19” iForged Monaco Flat Black (Custom Paint)

Size:
19x12 (Huge deep dish on rears)
19x8.5

Tires: Toyo Proxes T1R
315/25/19 (rear) 99% tread
235/35/19 (front) 99% tread

Combo:
Mounted/Balanced = $2995 shipped
Wheels Only = $2,000 shipped

What it Will Fit:

All widebody 911's
996TT
996 C4S
996 C2S (widebody)
996 GT2
997 C2S
997 C4S
997TT
997 GT2

Rears (1)

Rears (2)

Rears (the big dish)

Fronts (notice the small scuff around the lug hole)

Tire Tread Front:

Tire Type/Markings:

Depth and proof (yes they are brand new, the lines are still there)

Really bad picture with iphone on a rainy day:

Background:

Wheels were bought from Vivid on here, as well as the tires. The wheels were listed as needing a spacer to fit the Porsche perfectly. The customer who had them before complained of slight imbalance, hence the spacer was provided. The spacer provided to be insufficient as iForged got the center bore off on them. This was unfortunate to find out, as I thought it just needed a spacer. After further research at our shop, this wheel can be taken to any machine shop to redo the center bore, or there are a few companies online that make custom wheel centric spacers. As well, for a fee, iForged was willing to take them and redo the center bore for a very reasonable price. Regardless, it’s a pretty easy fix, and this is not why we are selling the wheels.

The wheels are being sold because we need a light wheel for both street and track. The iForged wheels, although quite good looking, do weigh a pretty penny. They were not what we intended to use on the car hence they are for sale. They went on the car, were driven on the highway to one show, and then taken off thereafter as we knew we were looking for something else. As well, this was done on the last day before winter hit in Chicago in 2009, so naturally I did not want to ruin a great set of wheels/tires.

Note: One wheel has a small scuff by the lugs that took off some paint while removing lugs (yes, I made a boo boo sorry)

Note:
Center caps are included. I have them, but left them off for the pictures as many people like to put them on and hide imperfections. I have been the culprit of this before

Trade:
If anyone has some BBS LM’s , LM-R’s etc please let me know. I would love to trade plus cash.

Thanks,

Eddie

Last edited by Cascade; 05-03-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Nice wheels I have similar set of Iforged wheels and the same tires. I can correct you though that the wheels are actually pretty light if there similar to the other wheel design models. You really won't save much by going to a BBS wheel. You would save much more by adding 2 piece rotors on the car instead.

Nice wheels and if you sell them fixed, I'd be interested in them as the offsets are perfect the way they sit. I honestly think a spacer wouldn't even work without rolling the fenders.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
Nice wheels I have similar set of Iforged wheels and the same tires. I can correct you though that the wheels are actually pretty light if there similar to the other wheel design models. You really won't save much by going to a BBS wheel. You would save much more by adding 2 piece rotors on the car instead.

Nice wheels and if you sell them fixed, I'd be interested in them as the offsets are perfect the way they sit. I honestly think a spacer wouldn't even work without rolling the fenders.
Spending the money to get them fixed will just make me keep them. I do not need a show set of wheels, so it really doesn't matter. Btw, fenders do not need rolling. I am dropped on KW V3's with a 996TT. It sits fully flush with -2.4 degrees camber in back.

Eddie

Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Just to verify (im confused). Not trying to imply anything, just asking. AS-IS, these wheels cannot be mounted on a 996 Turbo correctly. They need to be machined? also, the wheels are painted, not powder coated, correct? Thanks.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by swchopper
Just to verify (im confused). Not trying to imply anything, just asking. AS-IS, these wheels cannot be mounted on a 996 Turbo correctly. They need to be machined? also, the wheels are painted, not powder coated, correct? Thanks.
1. Wheels were mounted on my 02 996TT X50 and had 0 rubbing issue with a 1.5" drop on KW V3's. The center bore needs to be expanded a bit, as they didn't sit 100% flush.

2. Vivid said they are powder coated, but it looks like paint to me. I am not an expert on wheel paint, but they came flat black and look great.

Anyone else

Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 AM
forumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really nice
great looking wheels! however, why wouldn't iforged fix their own mistake? Seems quite odd that an issue such as the bore being wrong would make them charge you for it?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by forumtdot
great looking wheels! however, why wouldn't iforged fix their own mistake? Seems quite odd that an issue such as the bore being wrong would make them charge you for it?
I got these from Vivid, and they said they were for a P Car wide body. When I called iForged myself, they said they would have to charge for me to fix them since I am not the original owner. As well, the price reflects the cost needed. If they were perfect, they would be $3995 shipped with brand new tires. In this case, I made them $1000 less to offset any possible shipping and fixing cost that can arise.

Eddie

Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Kai611168 is on a distinguished road
Great price and nice wheel

Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
thank you!

Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I have the same width wheels on mine, same offset. 12 wide wheel with a 315/25 Toyo tire...same exact from Iforged but different design. I agree it fits perfect without a spacer NOW and my car is slammed with maybe 1.5 degree negative camber. They really wouldn't fit on my car if i had to use a centric spacer of 5mm without rolling the fender.

My point is, if someone buys them they will have to 1) modify the wheel with the correct bore to fit on a stock body 996 Turbo without a spacer or 2) would probably have to roll the fenders on a 996 Turbo if they use a 5-10mm centric spacer.

I really think they look good too.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
I have the same width wheels on mine, same offset. 12 wide wheel with a 315/25 Toyo tire...same exact from Iforged but different design. I agree it fits perfect without a spacer NOW and my car is slammed with maybe 1.5 degree negative camber. They really wouldn't fit on my car if i had to use a centric spacer of 5mm without rolling the fender.

My point is, if someone buys them they will have to 1) modify the wheel with the correct bore to fit on a stock body 996 Turbo without a spacer or 2) would probably have to roll the fenders on a 996 Turbo if they use a 5-10mm centric spacer.

I really think they look good too.
Yes, they would have to modify them, but you basically have $1000 savings window to do so. You can re-paint them, make the bore dead on, and do many things for the savings .

You will not have to roll the fenders since I did not have to, I guess the offset is different from yours and mine. Rolling the fenders however wouldn't hurt and is a simple process.

Btw, all PM's replied. Lots of interest in these

Old 03-27-2010, 05:13 PM
PM's replied, sale pending

Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
picture I found that will give you an idea of how they look:

Old 03-27-2010, 05:23 PM
new picture up on my car. Yes, its a horrible picture, but its all I have

Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
All pm's replied, sale still pending.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 19” iForged Monaco Flat Black w/Toyo Proxes | 996 Widebody/997