Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

996 GT2\Turbo 3.5" (88.9mm) SS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
996 GT2\Turbo 3.5" (88.9mm) SS Exhaust

Category: Accessories
Price: $2500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used

Custom built SS Exhaust
Light weight
3.5" all the way through (88.9mm)
All mandrel bends
100 cell stainless cats 5-7/8"
Burns race style\type mufflers (repackable\servicable)
Better X-Pipe design for improved scavenging
Double slip joints
Oval 3.5" tubing after the X-pipe
The system is tucked in very well minimal overhang
This is a custom built system. It cost as much if not more than an GMG system. Bigger diameter, better flow all the way through.
The real deal

I will beadblast it before it ships so it will look like new.
I will also post a video soon. It sounds amazing!!

Old 06-24-2017, 04:18 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Bump

Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Nice setup !

Old 07-01-2017, 12:13 AM
RajuPatel is on a distinguished road
Wow. Looks awesome... next best thing to a straight pipe for better scavenging...

Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Thank you for the kind words guys.

I looked at a lot of other systems out there and wanted to improve on them. Piping size was the first thing. Wanted to go bigger than 3" but didn't want the overhang which a lot of the systems out there have a ton of, even with 3"!
I figured using oval tubing would be the way to go. My goal was to have it tuck up inside the bumper for a clean look and the oval piping provided the solution. Didn't want to attract unwanted attention. That's also why I didn't do any tips. Looked high and low to find the oval tubing as well as the 3.5" tight mandrel-bend 90s. A lot of the exhaust systems out there have X-pipes but they are not optimal when it comes to scavenging.
Mufflers was the easy part. I always use those light weight, repackable ones. I know who makes it for Burns so I go directly to them. Been using them since late 90s. WOW... Time goes by so quickly!
I also used the biggest SS Cats I could find. Not the super expensive German ones which are a bit too rich for my blood.
Used double slip from the cats to the center section for a better seal. Well, after the cats, there is a 90 degree on either side, then the double slip.
I even had a jig made just in case.

Next, I will try a 4" build where I can save even more weight. There will be no bottom pipes\section. After the mufflers, there will be an X-pipe again for scavenging and it will exit right after; in the middle. Keep on thinking about doing an exhaust blown diffuser but that's probably an overkill.
I will have anti lag, launch control, rolling boost soon. I think it will look great coming out of the middle as one big fireball.
Can't wait. Super excited!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:27 PM
mfanatic325 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Tubi Street catted exhaust that I'd need to sell off, otherwise I'd see if I could work out a deal with you

Old 07-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by mfanatic325
I have a Tubi Street catted exhaust that I'd need to sell off, otherwise I'd see if I could work out a deal with you
I'm building a completely new exhaust and have no need for another exhaust, otherwise we could have made a deal swapping exhausts.
Working on a center exit, 4" or 5" all the way through system.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:22 AM
Lapdancer996 will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to hear the video.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Sorry about the delay. I have been tackling the ECU front. Purchased one ECU, which didn't work, and was going back and forth with engineers in Sweden and East coast. Scrapped that idea. Now working on ProEFi setup. Mostly wired in. Got a few small glitches to sort out. Car fired up and takes throttle well. Looking forward to getting the setup sorted out and start tuning.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 PM

Old 08-12-2017, 09:24 PM

Old 08-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Car runs rich which makes it hard to see when it's pitch black.
Running a lot better now with the ProEfi!!
I will soon have a few vids.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM
bedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to beholdbedhes is a splendid one to behold
can you share your exhaust guy? I need to do some custom work too.
thanks

Old 08-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by bedhes
can you share your exhaust guy? I need to do some custom work too.
thanks
Send me your contact info, phone number and what you need done and I'll relay it to him.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:39 AM
Bump.

I've been MIA. Car started making great power with the ProEfi where the trans\gearbox threw in the towel. I will have it rebuilt and back in the car soon. Good news is that the exhaust is off and can be shipped out right away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.