GT speed interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
vru
vru is on a distinguished road
GT speed interior?

Hi guys,

i am new to this board and have been considering buying a bentley GT speed for the last 2 months, so i decided i might as well join the board to get some input from people with experience with bentley's.

ok, i think i have the general picture of what i want so here goes:

colour: silver tempest
grill: the normal one, not the darker one that come with the speed.
rims: speed rims but not darkened

now were i am a bit stuck is in the interior, i know i want saddle hid but i not sure wether to go for the burnt walnut or the semicircular brushed mental for the centre consol and dails?

what do you guys the think?

one more thing i was thinking of adding 22" kahn rims but after reading a couple of theads here it has put me off.

do 22"s make the ride that much more uncomfortable?

Last edited by vru; 08-08-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I personally like the wood better myself.

As for the wheels; drive a GT speed first and then decide. The tires are especially made for the speed and have great grip. Going to a larger wheel will probably decrease performance along with the ride.

I would suggest the carbon breaks whether or not you change the tires. The reduction of un-sprung mass improves the ride along with increasing breaking and acceleration.

I have a white one on order with saffron interior.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I personally like the wood.

As for the wheels; the speed has tires that go with the extra performance. Going with something larger will probably reduce performance as well as harsh-en the ride. I would test drive and then decide.

I would strongly suggest the carbon breaks regardless of wheel choice. They reduce un-sprung mass, improving the ride and performance; both breaking and accelerating.

I have a white with saffron on order.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
confusers?????

Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
I suggest the speed alot. We own one with carbon brakes and they work great. Dont get the wheels. The 22 inch wheels will break your back, it will be so uncomfortable to drive the car comfortably with those wheels. Our speed is moonbeam with portofino interior with piano black wood and brush aluminum inserts. I highly recomend portofino interior (blue). Its really nice with piano wood and silver aluminum inserts.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vk430gt
---I highly recomend portofino interior (blue). ---
I like that color, too, but in my 360!!!

I agree with Viktor about 22" wheels.

It's ridiculous, and the car will ride like a bicycle!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I like that color, too, but in my 360!!!

I agree with Viktor about 22" wheels.

It's ridiculous, and the car will ride like a bicycle!

You guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!

The ride is not that much different. It is different but they way you guys talk you make it sound like it is like riding a TANK!!!!!!

I love my 22's and I love the ride, it is not as smooth as the 20"s granted, but it is a blast to drive!!!!!

Ice

Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ice's 996tt Cab
---I love my 22's and I love the ride, it is not as smooth as the 20"s granted, but it is a blast to drive!!!!!

What is important is that you like what you have.

On the bigger cars I like a more silky but controlled ride. I'd never go to 22's on a Bentley because our roads are so bad here in CA I'd be repacing them monthly!

I have enough trouble with 19's on my 360!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road

The ride is not that much different. It is different but they way you guys talk you make it sound like it is like riding a TANK!!!!!!

I love my 22's and I love the ride, it is not as smooth as the 20"s granted, but it is a blast to drive!!!!!

Ice
contact me at the end of the year and tell me how many wheels and tires you have replaced, and given the situation that you live in l.a. will make it more interesting. lol.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 AM
vru

Ice
thats what i wanted to here!

i think i will get the 22" and the kahn lip spoiled as the speed is alread dropped by 10mm i don't think i will lower it anymore.

i will keep the regular wheels on hand just in case.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vru
thats what i wanted to here!

i think i will get the 22" and the kahn lip spoiled as the speed is alread dropped by 10mm i don't think i will lower it anymore.

i will keep the regular wheels on hand just in case.

That's the best way to go. You will love the 22"s and you will see that it is not that much of a difference. Please post pictures when you get your car set up.

Ice

Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Centurion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the roughCenturion is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vru
Hi guys,

i am new to this board and have been considering buying a bentley GT speed for the last 2 months, so i decided i might as well join the board to get some input from people with experience with bentley's.

ok, i think i have the general picture of what i want so here goes:

colour: silver tempest
grill: the normal one, not the darker one that come with the speed.
rims: speed rims but not darkened

now were i am a bit stuck is in the interior, i know i want saddle hid but i not sure wether to go for the burnt walnut or the semicircular brushed mental for the centre consol and dails?
It depends on your own taste. Personally I find the engine-turned aluminium very appropriate for the Speed, it gives the interior a classic sporty look.
The wood however gives the interior a stylish traditional look.

Originally Posted by vru
one more thing i was thinking of adding 22" kahn rims but after reading a couple of theads here it has put me off.

do 22"s make the ride that much more uncomfortable?
I would suggest to test drive one with 22" rims so you can feel the difference.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
vru
Originally Posted by Centurion
It depends on your own taste. Personally I find the engine-turned aluminium very appropriate for the Speed, it gives the interior a classic sporty look.
The wood however gives the interior a stylish traditional look.

I would suggest to test drive one with 22" rims so you can feel the difference.
my sentiments exactly, i have always liked the saddle hide and wood comb but when i saw the aluminium, well it feels fresh and modern while still being stilish.

thanks good idea test driving one with 22" .