Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Ordering the FS Speed this weekend, need some help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
Ordering the FS Speed this weekend, need some help.

We are to be the first ones in the country to get a BESPOKE Continental Flying Spur Speed. (which means, there will be fs speeds in the country before ours' but only in dealer ordered color combos, like silver on black, black on tan, black on black, etc.... ) so to make it special, I helped choose the colors and options. I would like to get your guys' opinions on this because i'm not sure if it would look right, my dad said "sure, its fine" but I know for sure he didnt mean it. so tell me what you guys think.

BTW: the pictures on the configurator that are shown dont show all of the options I chose.

Options:
Naim Audio System
Electric Solar Sunroof
Alloy Fuel Filler Cap
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Privacy Glass To Rear Screen and Rear Side Windows
Adaptive Cruise Control
Power Boot Opening & Closing
Dark Tint Aluminum Facia Panels
4 Seat Rear Console Option
Veneered picnic tables to rear of front seats
Rear Seat Entertainment Package
Chrome Inlay Strip in Door Waistrail Wood W/Bentley Flying "B" Emblem
Convenience Package
Rear Camera
Parking Heater

Colors:
Paint: Onyx Duo Tone
Wheels: Dark Tinted 20" Speed Wheels
Main Hide: Newmarket Tan
Secondary Hide: Beluga
Veneer: Piano Black
Seatbelts: Beluga
Carpet: Beluga
Headlining: Beluga
Steering Wheel: Two Tone
Embroidered Emblems: Beluga
Stitching: Contrast Stiching
Piping: Beluga Piping
Center Armrest: Beluga

Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Absolutely like everything you choose but I'd go with a solid black steering wheel.

I think the two-tone wheel is a little over the top with that combo.

I love the piping and the black carpets.

All good choices. It's exactly how I would order it.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Absolutely like everything you choose but I'd go with a solid black steering wheel.

I think the two-tone wheel is a little over the top with that combo.

I love the piping and the black carpets.

All good choices. It's exactly how I would order it.
thanks greg, i was thinking the same for a single tone steering wheel but with it being all black, theres a problem, black bentley leather gets SUPER hot in the summer so maybe a solid newmarket tan steering wheel should do better.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vk430gt
thanks greg, i was thinking the same for a single tone steering wheel but with it being all black, theres a problem, black bentley leather gets SUPER hot in the summer so maybe a solid newmarket tan steering wheel should do better.
Viktor,

Why not get an all wood wheel. You can cover it temporarily until the A/C comes up and then you are fine.

I can tell you it gets up to 106-107 here, and two of my cars have leather wheels and one has wood, and handling is just fine.

Michigan does not get hotter than this.

Yours is a personal choice, but a black wheel does not show dirt and blends in better.

I had spec'd a Quattroporte exactly as you spec'd that Bentley, but with a black steering wheel. It would have been dynomite, but then I came to my senses and decided to wait for a Bentley.

It looks like I may buy a 997 cabrio first though cause I miss the top down from the SL500.

That Bently will be a stunner. Is it for Cali or Michigan? BTW, will you be in LA 1st or 2nd week of Sept?

Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Have seen the two tone wheels in person and I actually like to a lot. Even my very reserved wife said that she liked it, so it is ordered on mine.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Viktor,

Why not get an all wood wheel. You can cover it temporarily until the A/C comes up and then you are fine.

I can tell you it gets up to 106-107 here, and two of my cars have leather wheels and one has wood, and handling is just fine.

Michigan does not get hotter than this.

Yours is a personal choice, but a black wheel does not show dirt and blends in better.

I had spec'd a Quattroporte exactly as you spec'd that Bentley, but with a black steering wheel. It would have been dynomite, but then I came to my senses and decided to wait for a Bentley.

It looks like I may buy a 997 cabrio first though cause I miss the top down from the SL500.

That Bently will be a stunner. Is it for Cali or Michigan? BTW, will you be in LA 1st or 2nd week of Sept?
wood wheel is not availible on the speed wheel, this car will be for michigan, we are trading in our 06 flying spur, I will not be in LA at all until thanksgiving, we will be bouncing back and fourth to chicago for the next few months every other week because my dad is working on a big deal on expanding the company out to chicago.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by vk430gt
wood wheel is not availible on the speed wheel, --- I will not be in LA at all until thanksgiving,
Didn't know about the limited wheel offering but I'd still recommend to stick with black.

Let me know when you are coming out and I'll try to get down there.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Dick Fidd is on a distinguished road
I like it as spec'd with the 2-tone wheel. It's a Bentley, so unless you put big chrome rims on it, it won't look silly. Also, please don't tint the front windows - when you get bored in a year and I buy the car from you, I don't want to have to scrape it off... lol.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Fidd
---when you get bored in a year and I buy the car from you---
You'll have to get in line, Dick.

Right below Dr. K's name on the title my name will appear as the next legal grantee!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:15 PM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Right below Dr. K's name on the title my name will appear as the next legal grantee, right after my name, that is!!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
Right below Dr. K's name on the title my name will appear as the next legal grantee, right after my name, that is!!
No cause your name is too long! And I'll help Dr. K rewrite the will to cut Viktor out!!!!

Where are those pictures you were going to post of that event last week?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I didn't take any. Isaac might have . Viktor did

Old 08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Dick Fidd is on a distinguished road
Looks like I'd be the 4th owner - maybe they can spec 4 of the same cars and give us a group buy discount instead & a free case of Grey Poupon!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:02 PM
jk here, don't think I'll ever be a two Bentley family, just the coupe, not GT plus Spur

Old 08-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
jk here, don't think I'll ever be a two Bentley family, just the coupe, not GT plus Spur
Speak for yourself. I have room and will have more garage space soon!

Oh and Dick I generally hold on to my cars. So you had best start looking for another!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering the FS Speed this weekend, need some help.