Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Where can i locate used Bentley Continental headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
cduluk is on a distinguished road
Where can i locate used Bentley Continental headlights?

Hey guys! I am new to the forum, i don't own a Bentley although i wish i could afford one. I joined because i need some help locating a pair of used Continental Flying spur/GT headlights.

I actually only need the HID "projectors" from the headlights, one left and one right.

Here is a picture with what i need from the headlights. This is a headlight from the right side of the car. The outer projector is the HID projector, the one i need. while the inner projector is just the halogen high beam projector, which i don't need.

If anyone knows where i can purchase a pair (one left side, one right side) please let me know! I can spend a MAX of $200 for the pair...

Old 10-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
they only come all in one piece, they are pressure sealed so its very hard to get in to disect any parts even if you wanted to. sorry.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:48 PM
oh i know, im just saying if someone had an accident, maybe their their headlights were cracked but projectors still in tact?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vk430gt
they only come all in one piece, they are pressure sealed so its very hard to get in to disect any parts even if you wanted to. sorry.
He obviously needs them for a retrofit...

OP, eBay is your best bet. You won't find too many Bentley's at your local junk yard.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Bingo! I am interested in the bentley projectors to do a retro in my lexus. I saw a vid on youtube of a GT at night, the cutoff was very impressive.

On ebay there's only one headlight unit, for $800. I'm basically banking on someone having broken headlights, possibly from an accident or what not...

Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by cduluk
Bingo! I am interested in the bentley projectors to do a retro in my lexus. I saw a vid on youtube of a GT at night, the cutoff was very impressive.

On ebay there's only one headlight unit, for $800. I'm basically banking on someone having broken headlights, possibly from an accident or what not...
oh, i see, you should be able to find something on ebay from salvage yards in l.a. they would have tons of wrecked gt's laying around.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
ahh gooddie

I also have to make sure what country i get them from, they need to be from a left hand drive car. In other countries where they drive on the left side of the road, the "step" in the cutoff is reversed.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
ahh gooddie

I also have to make sure what country i get them from, they need to be from a left hand drive car. In other countries where they drive on the left side of the road, the "step" in the cutoff is reversed.
I believe that may be adjusted on the projector, your best bet is to find out what Projectors it uses. They're most likely of Audi/VW origin. You won't need to find a GT you can probably find them on a Passat, Phaeton, A6, A8, etc.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned
ahh gooddie

call www.emotorsny.com they look like they are near you, they have a few wrecked bentley gt's and most likely are not short of salvage parts either.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I can't really determine whether or not the bentley projectors are indeed the same as audi/vw without taking each apart. It would make sense that they'd be the same, but there's no way to tell. I know that on Lexus', not ONE projector in each model is the same, nor do any Toyota's or Scions use the same...

I emailed that site you provided in the last post, maybe u'll get lucky!? Thanks!