Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Is this Bentley Hot, too hip hop, or too fast and furious?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:26 PM
1960apache has a spectacular aura about1960apache has a spectacular aura about
Is this Bentley Hot, too hip hop, or too fast and furious?

After all my work and research, I had my choices narrowed down to a 09-10 GT Speed, Midnight Emerald, with a dark green dash and saddle or cognac seats and then I came across this Black Kahn conversion, which I thought looked great, but the more I look at the cars on their website, the more I like the big wheels and hunkered down look, plus I won't see myself coming and going everyday.
But, I am a bit curious how my clients may view the car or me, am I going to come across as more of a James Bond type, or a hip hop type rapper wanna be, or lastly, a fast and furious type wanna be? I would hate to spend the cash and also, drill holes in a new Bentley.
Anyway, I am down to the 2 choices, and both are kind of opposite's, choice #2 is easy, but I think the Black Kahn just looks awesome, but like I say, the last thing I want to hear is a Client tell me they are now working with Joe Blow, because they don't want to be associated with a "Gangsta", is what mainly comes to mind, but hey, what do I know.

Attached Images      
Old 03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
So my choices are
#1 Black with Kahn conversion, and one of 3 Interior combo's Black/Black Piano, Saddle/Dark Aluminum, Or the Black/White combo
#2 Midnight Emerald GT Speed, same Saddle/Dark Aluminum or Dark Green/Gognac Dark Walnut
#3 Black or Midnight Emerald non speed, with MTM wheels,
Sorry, but I think the Black Kahn is the chit! Maybe I should just go for it and pull a Joquim Phoenix, and change careers (sorry I had to say it)
But seriously, I love my work, I just don't want it to cost me x amount of clients over the next few years, I do business consulting, so once in awhile, they see me pull up my car, which currently is an 08 White M3 with stock 19" wheels, so nothing loud, almost hospital clean looking I guess!

Attached Images      

Last edited by 1960apache; 03-30-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
do not go green... it will kill any resale value and make you look like an old man!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I just assumed there would be no resale value with the market the way it is, and I figured I would be keeping it 5-8 years.
I like the Midnight Emerald, it pretty much looks black unless it is in the sun, but mostly because I have always wanted a green british car.
But, I don't know what it is about a black Bentley that is kept detailed, the black just looks like liquid black glass. I really wanted black on the M3, but the dark colors on a BMW look horrid, talk about orange peel, and the Black, looks like it kind of has a purplish hue to it, not the Jerez, which has pearl blue etc, but their Jet Black which is non metallic!
Also I found another interior combo, kind of loud to go with black.

Attached Images    

Last edited by 1960apache; 03-30-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
GMS03 is on a distinguished road
kahn wheels, black or a really dark color and clear grey interior.

and... a nice baby next to you! xD

Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
$$$=SPEED is on a distinguished road
Black or silver tempest best for resale. No red interior of green for resale. The huge wheels look good but like you said may give the worng impression.I have a Bentley with 22's and it drives like $hit compare to the stock Mulliner wheel. Gonna put back on my stockers

Old 03-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 996TTs
do not go green... it will kill any resale value and make you look like an old man!
What is wrong with old men? One of these days, you, too, will be older than dirt..........................

Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 AM
RT8_M3 will become famous soon enoughRT8_M3 will become famous soon enough
Actually green isn't bad at all! I like it and if picked with the right shade, it will look great.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by RT8_M3
Actually green isn't bad at all! I like it and if picked with the right shade, it will look great.
I hear you, I haven't ruled out the Midnight Emerald, because it looks almost black, and also, the dark saddle/black with the dark aluminum or piano black, combo looks great! The black is just too awesome looking, but it seems most GT's are black, but I am kind of leaning toward the black. I have also been playing around with different interior color combo's on the Bentley website, it is getting addicting actually!
I am getting obsessed with this "Bentley of the Brain" syndrome!

I am assuming that once the body kit is installed, there is no turning back, and I hear what you are saying about the 22's, I would have to drive one first. I am also kind of leaning toward just the wheel, Kahn or the MTM's. The MTM's are 21's and really starting to grow on me, and so is a black GTC!!

Decision's decision's!! But like you say, black with just the MTM's still looks professinal enough, and might be the happy medium, cost, ride, handling etc!

Attached Images      
Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 AM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ken
What is wrong with old men? One of these days, you, too, will be older than dirt..........................
HAHA... you are right!

We are all getting there...

Besides... I think a Bentley in any color is sosphisticated.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:52 AM
I was just experimenting with a few changes to the wheels, but I am likin the black Kahn! And now with the new Brembo's in Red!! Yeah!
And sorry for the crudeness of the pics! I am hooked on the GT Speed from everything I have read, it is the way to go! I like the stock look, and wheels! It looks very classy!
But, after having the Kahn photo's on my desktop, the GT just doesn't look right without 22's
Time to raid the piggy bank I guess!!
Also, the all saddle is growing on me with the aluminum trim. Not sure I like the saddle with the black dash, carpet, but that combo looks good with the cognac.
Anyone know how to save the photo on the configurator on the Bentley website?

Attached Images      
Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
ltroy89 is on a distinguished road
I like it it's nice and classic not to mean good pictures and interior

Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks, it has taken a lot of trial and error to narrow down the choices! I just wish I could find an Emerald Green to look at for awhile to see if I like it, I am about 50/50 with that and the black! Black on a Bentley is killer, but everyone seems to have black, so I don't know!
I also go back and forth, but I think saddle or black is always a safe bet. I am not sure how hard the saddle will be to keep the carpet's looking good as careful as I am. I guess I could put black floor mats in for most of the time and save the saddle ones for special occasions!
I wish I never saw the Kahn car, now everything else looks odd without the big tires filling up the wheelwells. That is always the biggest gripe I have with every car, is the wheels and wheelwells are not in proportion with the car, but not on the GT!
Also, it will depend a lot on what pop's up in the slightly used arena! I would be in heaven to get a killer deal on one that has everything. I will keep searching though!
I am getting close though anyway!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
go with the Kahn, all their cars are subtle and so sexy, I love the look. Also I have a flying spur with black on black and black piano wood. I always get compliments and i think it looks very classy

Old 04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Get a stock GT speed and leave it alone.

Get the color you like. The best looking one I've seen is White with Safron interior and light colored wood. It is all a matter of taste.

Ride stock is great and low enough to look very good yet not so low that it looks cheap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this Bentley Hot, too hip hop, or too fast and furious?