Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

So how is the Conti GT in the snow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
So how is the Conti GT in the snow?

I'm getting rid of my Lexus and thinking of picking up a used Continental GT.

As this will be my daily driver and I live in NJ...it will see snow and ice...I know it's AWD but how does it handle lousy weather?

The Lexus was not so hot in the snow even with the AWD...but it was way better than my rear wheel drive BMW!

Thanks!!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 AM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by raclaims
I'm getting rid of my Lexus and thinking of picking up a used Continental GT.

As this will be my daily driver and I live in NJ...it will see snow and ice...I know it's AWD but how does it handle lousy weather?

The Lexus was not so hot in the snow even with the AWD...but it was way better than my rear wheel drive BMW!

Thanks!!
With all winter driving, it comes down to tires! A Bentley GT is a tank in the winter when properly equipped. I'd recommend getting a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires and you'll be fine.

Did you change the tires on your Lexus and BMW?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I didn't change the tires on the other cars but should have...I went with all seasons...I definitely will get snows for the Bentley if I get it.

I'm also thinking of looking at the MB CL550...

Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
I didn't change the tires on the other cars but should have...I went with all seasons...I definitely will get snows for the Bentley if I get it.

I'm also thinking of looking at the MB CL550...
Yeah, all seasons seem to be the best of neither world... half-assed summer and half-assed winter performance. Even in Canadian winters () and as long as I've had winter tires, I've never had a problem. Not once. Even with cars that you'd think would be terrible in the snow and ice.

I'd also recommend getting a set of dedicated rims for the winter that you won't mind beating up on...

Old 08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
M-ONE is on a distinguished road
Agreed, it's all about the tires, I drive a quattroporte with winter tires / rims and no issues what so ever in Chicago, without them it would be a death trap. If the CL550 is 2009 + I believe it is a 4matic also ....

Old 08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Kingb is on a distinguished road
it handles great in rain, okay in icy conditions, but i just dont have the heart to drive it in a snowstorm

Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Well I bought the car and got a set of 19" wheels for winter driving and am ordering some snow tires as well...should be interesting!

Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Well I bought the car and got a set of 19" wheels for winter driving and am ordering some snow tires as well...should be interesting!
Congratulations - I'm sure you are going to love the car. What color combination did you end up getting? Did it come with the fedora & walking stick. Can't wait to see pictures. Hopefully you can post soon.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Hysterical...

You remembered that huh?

It's the same car...so I'm sure the wife will be ragging on me non stop!

I nearly bought 2 other cars but went with the original one...

It's black/black, dark tinted wheels, red cross stitching, dark tinted aluminum fascia panels and piano black console and door inserts. I think it looks great!

I can't wait to start driving it...I'm sure I'll be a fool and do the GIAC flash as well to add another 100hp!! It's a beast already...I'm just dying to know what another 100hp and over 100 ft/lbs of torque will do to it!

Can you imagine 700HP!!??

I'll see if I can post up some pics the dealer sent me.

I pick up the car Tuesday!!!!! I can't wait...