Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Soft close doors - anyone fitted to an 05?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Soft close doors - anyone fitted to an 05?

Is it possible to fit the softclose system to an 05 BCGT?

Anyone have info or tried?

thanks

Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
There's a soft close system? Are you referring to the trunk?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
it may be an option on the trunk - I cant recall - I`m talking about the driver and passenger doors.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I've never heard of it.
The trunk opens with the push of the "B" and closes with a button as well.
On the doors though? If mine does it I've never noticed.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Its not that there is a button to press to close the side doors - what happens is you close the door by hand - the door almost closes - stops - then the car closes the door with the soft touch of an angel 8)

Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
Soft close is like the 7-Series !
The last two millimeters or so gets "sucked in"...

Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
thats it ....anyone know ?

I`ll be contacting a stealership tomorrow anyhow

Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow! I learned something new about my car this morning...you are totally right...it does have the soft close thing...just like being in my kitchen.

Please teach me more about my car!

I did learn last week that you can add a favorites list to the Sat radio...I was going nuts with only 6 presets!

I guess I should read that owner's manual....nah...

Old 11-14-2009, 02:19 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raclaims
Wow! I learned something new about my car this morning...you are totally right...it does have the soft close thing...just like being in my kitchen.

Please teach me more about my car!

I did learn last week that you can add a favorites list to the Sat radio...I was going nuts with only 6 presets!

I guess I should read that owner's manual....nah...
Manual - what's that!!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Try visiting the dealer's parts department and see if they have a diagram to see what components are required.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Update

Fixed at dealer and works beautifully now....door latch unit and cable replaced.

J

Dig up an old thread.

The right side soft close has stopped working, anyone know possible cause? Checked fuse which is good and vagcom failed to read door module so is there any type of reset similar to window auto close before visiting dealer?

Many thanks
J

Last edited by jc_333; 07-13-2012 at 09:18 AM.