Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Rolling code garage door opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Bentley Beast is on a distinguished road
Rolling code garage door opener

Having a problem programming home link button to Gene Intellicode (rolling code) garage door opener. works ok with other cars. Any suggestions or instruction?

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 AM
oversteerdawg is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, Genie garage door openers are notorious for being cranky when asked to play nicely with homelink systems. However, they are technically compatible.

What process are you using to set the homelink? I would imagine that since it works with your other cars that you know how to program it, but here's the correct process, just in case.

1) Disengage garage door from grage door opener by pulling the release cable/lever so it doesn't keep going up and down as you try to program it (genie's will shut down temporarily if they are cycled too many times and overheat...don't ask me why I know this)

2) reset homelink by holding 1st and 3rd button until the LED flashes

3) program garage door remote into homelink by holding desired homelink button until it flashes, place garage door remote right next to homelink unit and hold down garage door remote button (all the while holding down the homelink button) until LED flashes rapidly

4) hit garage door learn/program button and then hit the homelink button you just programmed within 30 seconds.

If that's the process you're using and it still isn't working...well, you're out of luck. All you can really do is keep trying it until it works. I wish I had a better solution for you, but that's really all you can do. I've tried for hours at a time (I'm stubborn and **** about such things) before it finally took the code.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I could not get my (non-rolling code) to program. Took it to the dealer and they could not program it either. They had to take apart the glove box to program. I guess receiver is located behind it somewhere.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Rabent is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help me in locating the Homelink unit in a 2004 Continental GT, ive been searching around and have reduced it down to 3 possibilities
1. Passanger side right lower corner (most probably not for 2004 but 2008 or above)
2. Just above the centre concole like in some videos( probably 2013 and above)
3. Just infront of the Homelink buttons in the part stuck to the windshield (like VW Phaeton and also what the Official Bentley Mechanic told me)
I havent been able to pair my homelink yet, i have tried all 3 and various different prcedures, so if any one has some tips and can help i would really appreciate it.
Thankyou in advance

Old 10-12-2017, 06:15 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I'm late to the party here but hope someone may find this useful. Some of the newer rolling code openers (Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears for sure) - mine are 2014 models -
may not work with older versions of Homelink. My '98 Jag and '09 Continental GT are two examples. Homelink offers a "Compatibility Bridge" #855LM that will solve the problem for under $25 (see Amazon). One bridge will handle multiple doors and cars. The bridge plugs into an outlet in the garage, preferably one on the ceiling with the opener. The one button remote included with the bridge is used to program each button in the car. In the GT follow the instructions in the book and press & hold the remote against the Homelink transceiver (raised trim piece near the right lower corner of the windscreen on 2009 GT) while pressing the button you wish to program. The slow flash will turn to rapid in less than 10 seconds. Next, climb a ladder and press the Learn button on the opener once and the light will be on steady. Get back in the car and press AND HOLD the programmed button till the opener lights flash, about 2 seconds. Press again and the door should close. Done!