Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental GT maintenance cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Tattoo, compared to the Ferrari the Bentley sips gas. Of course it also depends on how one drives the car

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Aint that the truth!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Tattoo is on a distinguished road
To me, the Bentley drinks more than my Lambo, but honestly, the gas isn't as much of a consideration as dealing with the trip to the convenience store. These are some high profile vehicles, and you are onstage every time you go out. My GT is on 24s, so undoubtedly, that is what is contributing to the mileage issue AND to the attention issue.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
Mine(2006 cfs) is ready for the 40k service, plugs etc . I also have the third brake light fault the comes on every two three months. my headliner is starting to sag a little in the rear. This is tacky on a 200k car, i called Bentley and they act as though they have never heard of this? However they told me to have the dealer photo this and send it to them. i love the car! my biggest complaints are the brakes make a wooo wooo slowing down from over 100mph. i will be replacing these soon. I will have a independent shop do this for me any suggestions on pads or rotors? also i heard that a 2001 bmw 7series nav cd will work with our cars for street names and better graphics. (updated ones work ) at least it works in the vw phateon. i assume that to be the same. any truth to that?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:15 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BentleyFs
I also have the third brake light fault the comes on every two three months.
Common problem, see if the factory will work with you on this and help to some extent.

my headliner is starting to sag a little in the rear.
Never heard of that one happening. Hmm...

my biggest complaints are the brakes make a wooo wooo slowing down from over 100mph.
Could need new pads or a rotor is slightly warped. These things can happen on virtually any car.

i heard that a 2001 bmw 7series nav cd will work with our cars for street names and better graphics. (updated ones work ) at least it works in the vw phaeton. i assume that to be the same. any truth to that?
Did LOTS of research/study on that months ago and it seems to be TRUE! Debated buying a disc/set yet then my ADD (LOL) kicked in and as the current discs have been fine for me so saw no need to get a new set. If you do get a new set, i have seen on boards where the fuy sells off vaious discs that cover states he does not need. If you get a set, i'd gladly pitch in and buy the New England (that covers NH) disc.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-10-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Lol - the only thing the dealer wil tell you with the third brake light is here's a bill for $2000 - the error light will come in once in a while until it gets to the point that it never shuts off or stops beeping! Very annoying to say the least

I'm confused on how 2001 bmw nav discs could improve the nav on a 2007 car? I would love to update my nav info - so which are the best cd's to get?

Brakes and rotors are a must as you can't cut bentley rotors but they do last quite a while

Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by F430Spider
I'm confused on how 2001 bmw nav discs could improve the nav on a 2007 car? I would love to update my nav info - so which are the best cd's to get?
Bentley uses an 'off the shelf' GPS system per se. The DATA discs are just data and the NAV system reads whatever the disc says. As such, there have been newer NAV discs from Navteq offered (yet now NLA). The same DATA for NAV discs are also encoded the same by some other company whose name escapes me. Bottom line, the NAV discs are simple data discs and provided the DATA on the disc conforms to what the NAV computer is capable of reading all is fine.

Sadly, NAV systems today are still like the old computer days of the late 70's early 80's where you had APL, BASIC, COBOL, Fortran, and other programming languages/types where the computer's processor/system could read only that specific programming language. So the trick is knowing the 'programming language' of the Bentley system and finding NAV data CDs that conforms to that language.

So... what he means is you get the newest CDs for the BWM system (which would be DATA DISC 2009 as i recall). This would be updated DATA on the discs. If you do a web search you can find out more info about this as other Bentley guys have upgraded their GPS with the newer data CDs as provided by other car manufacturers/suppliers. Of course all the new systems use a single DVD instead of legacy CD, so companies like Navteq are phasing out offering upgraded data on multiple CDs.

Hope that helps make sense.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Stevo - problem I found is that all the 2009 discs are dvd - I would LOVE to upgrade this crappy nav in this GT - any idea which disc would work in it?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
here ya go

For Europe:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/home.php?cat=290

For USA:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...+navigation+cd

Was just on NavTeq's site, i'd call them and see if the Audi 2005 A4/S4 10-disc cds are coded same as Bentley. What we want is discs coded to "VDO Dayton" standards.

Also try www.vdodayton.com/

See POST NUMBER 163
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...+navigation+cd

LASTLY... PHEW
This might work
http://store.bmwgpsmaps.com/prod_01....9BDE4FE777100C

i am going to try and buy the disc for my region from a guy parting out the discs. For $30 for one disc it is worth a shot. if it works, then we could do a buy of an entire set and parts it out. Then again if it works, for only $199 it would be cheap to have the entire set (provided it works of course).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I shall call tommorow!!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry man - just re-read your post where you pointed this one out to me - long day at work,....

Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM
no problem and am starting a NEW thread for easy search.