Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT owners, question about possible warning light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Nixon Marx is on a distinguished road
Hello,
I got the very same problem this morning, for some unknown reason; I never use p-brake; I drive the car maybe twice a month; it's a 2006 conti gt mulliner. Moreover another problem suddenly came on at the same time, automatic lights didn't work anymore; So far it seems related to electronic momre than mechanic; I'll have the car inspected by Bentley Brussels and will keep you posted;
best regards,
Nixx

Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nixx,

Seems Bentley has figured out the P Brake light issue is some failed sensor that needs to be replaced, so this is common/defect. As for the other thing, probably just a small 'reset' could fix it.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Mooikut is on a distinguished road
I'm a new owner and from what I've heard tire sensor light is the most common light to come on - I've also been told vw tire sensors which are much cheaper than Bentley will also work

Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, simply cross reference the VW Phaeton for various possible parts substitution / solutions

Old 04-07-2015, 07:50 PM
pupdogg will become famous soon enoughpupdogg will become famous soon enough
I am experiencing the same problem. Were you guys able to identify which exact sensor needed to be replaced? My mechanic's VAG-COM shows the problem coming from the rear passenger side wheel. Any help with specific part numbers will help! Thank you in advance.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:50 PM
It's the rear right (passenger side on USA spec). Part # is....

(Getting my service book, brb)

Brake Actuator 3W0907801E ($252 in May 2010, we did a core return of the old one)

Also see in August 2010 I had the same problem (yellow crossed out P) and they replaced 3W0698996E electric parking brake ($400.19). Odds are THIS is your problem more than the first one ($252).

Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:11 PM
pupdogg will become famous soon enoughpupdogg will become famous soon enough
@stevenrmusic thank you so much brother! that worked like a charm...only a 10min jobbie. It was in-fact the Electric Parking Brake (3W0698996E) causing the issue. Got the part from FlyingSpares.

Simply took the rear passenger wheel off and got the electric parking brake swapped after removing the 2x star screws that hold it in place. New unit comes with 2x brand new screws.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:57 PM
pmancari is an unknown quantity at this point
Question "Please check brake lights" message

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS MESSAGE "PLEASE CHECK BREAK LIGHTS"
SEE PIC BELOW

Old 12-20-2019, 02:32 AM
Adler2501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pmancari
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS MESSAGE "PLEASE CHECK BREAK LIGHTS"
SEE PIC BELOW
this is one of the worst ones. It’s your third (top rear window) brake light. Very common continental issue. Around $2700 to fix.
recommend to find a shop that will issue inspection sticker with this light fault. Otherwise ur out some serious $$$

Old 12-21-2019, 06:09 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
That is good news and 3 days means ship out of factory in England (1 day), in transit (1 day), and finally get to USA dealer (1 day), so 3 days is about right.
Believe me not many parts are made in the UK any more .more likely shipped from Germany or China 😂

Old 12-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
You guys are replying to a thread from 2011.

LOL

Whacky

Old 06-06-2020, 09:54 AM
pierre yves is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pupdogg
@stevenrmusic thank you so much brother! that worked like a charm...only a 10min jobbie. It was in-fact the Electric Parking Brake (3W0698996E) causing the issue. Got the part from FlyingSpares.

Simply took the rear passenger wheel off and got the electric parking brake swapped after removing the 2x star screws that hold it in place. New unit comes with 2x brand new screws.
Hello @pupdogg,
I have a 2008 Continental GT speed and I have the same issue: P crossed signal.
I'm ready to buy the part. Is it easy to do job ?
Due to that issue, I can't be sure to engage the jack mode (no information on the board).
It's a left drive car ( french )
Do you know if I can find a tutorial to help me or do I have to go and see a mecanic ?
Thank you for your help.
Pierre-Yves

Old 04-18-2021, 09:14 AM
cerex is on a distinguished road
did you ever sort out a DIY instructions, just got the same warning this morning

Old 04-18-2021, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cerex
did you ever sort out a DIY instructions, just got the same warning this morning
​​​​​​Hello @cerex ,
To which which warning are you referring to, as this thread was taken off topic of parking brake warning, if it is the brake light warning, see the DIY thread by @Zaos in the link below.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ent-howto.html

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 04-18-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:38 PM
cerex is on a distinguished road
Interesting enough I got both errors discussed on this thread.

3rd Brake light out - sourced a new brake light and looking for an indy shop in NU/NY/CT/PA area to sort out, Dealers wants close to $2K in Labor
(P) fault came on, I might be lucky for now as I did the Parking Break engagement 5 times and has since disappeared.

If there is a DIY instruction out to replace the faulty sensor/brake part suspect others might benefit as well.

Many Thanks as always Jonny for keeping us all on track and informed

Alex

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley GT owners, question about possible warning light?