Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

997.2S to Conti GT - How big is back seat? (I have a giant dog)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Great Pic.

Some advice -- always have your dog lie on a VERY padded surface like you show in the pic. Mastiffs can develop massive elbow callouses that will cause you great stress in later years. Avoid that problem. Also get the best dog food possible, try to avoid ones that have wheat and corn.

A funny story on big dogs and sports cars. There was a thread on one of the top messgae boards, it might have been 6speed, a few years back about a young guy living in NYC or maybe chicago, who had gotten a Great Dane. I think the car was a 997 tt and he removed the passenger seat so the dog could sit there. True and funny. It was a long thread and a lot of people were giving the guy grief. Maybe a search or someone's memory will dredge it up.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute

found this off a google search this morning

Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
robbiemac is on a distinguished road
I must say this conversation has really brightened my week (been working on Japan and Bahrain issues), and here's my wife worrying about getting Dougal (our wheaten terrier) into the back of the benny... she's already resigned herself to the fact he will be sitting in the front on the heated massage seats and she will be cramped in the back... who am I to complain. I'll have my best little mate sitting beside me gazing out the window with his usual indigence.

one key critical thing to get if you are taking a pet in the car is a harness that secures them (comfortably) into the seatbelt, just incase you do have an accident, there's a lot of momentum in a crash and you owuld never forgive yourself if your pet got hurt.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
bellemastiff is on a distinguished road
Yup we got the old 4-strap harness that just connects to the normal seat belt.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM
My update on this is... I got a C63 AMG. No it isn't a Bentley but at least is has a 6L engine ;-) ... with 4 doors and a real backseat , there's plenty of room for the mastiff. Yes I also considered the Flying Spur but deal breaker for me was that I can't really see it being tracked or autox'd (already autox'd the C63)

Srsly though I still have a Bentley itch... some day... meanwhile the C63 is getting a lot more action than the 997.2 was recently!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Agree the Flying Spur would be a bit much tracked or autox'd. This is why i went with an F2000 as nothing street legal comes near a real/proper track car. Glad to hear the C63 is getting a more action than the 997.2. Please post a pic of your dog in the C63

Old 05-29-2011, 03:56 PM

As requested here is a pic of the mastiff in the backseat of the C63 ... sorry about the cellphone pic quality :-)

Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Thanks for the pic!