6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/248704-full-ipod-control-pre-2009-bentley-gt.html)

stevenrmusic 06-22-2013 04:45 PM

Just bought the Medibridge.... can someone scan or have a link to the tool that removes the CD changer. Thx!

lilo1980 06-22-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3878228)
Just bought the Medibridge.... can someone scan or have a link to the tool that removes the CD changer. Thx!

Found this at page 3 post #39. Not sure if it is what you are looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251137934296?item=251137934296&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item3a78fcc3d8&vxp=mtr

lilo1980 06-22-2013 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3878228)

Haven't use there but they might interest you as well: http://www.ipodcarpros.com/Radio_Rem.../c8/index.html

stevenrmusic 06-23-2013 03:17 AM

Perfect, thanks! FYI: That is where I just bought the MediaBridge and their price is great. Should be here in a few days and so will have all three interface solutions for the Bentley (older Dice unit, new Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge w/Bluetooth and the factory stock iApple interface.

stevenrmusic 06-23-2013 11:52 AM

Walmart had both tools in a $8 package and removed the changer.

Bentley official interface is nice, but lacks sound quality and track choice/flexibility. Their iApple interface also seem to lower the overall achievable volume level. As a USB interface it sounds better but same lack of track control/choice. Analog in is pretty good.

Older I-VW-T/5V Dice Electronics small unit sounds far better, has proper output volume level but track control is via the iApple touch screen. So better sound and far higher control of track selection but no steering wheel track/control.

Waiting for Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge with Bluetooth to arrive, which should sound better still due to better DAC and balanced circuitry. I prefer having excellent sound quality plus better track access over highly limited steering wheel track control.

White991TT 06-23-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3878621)
Walmart had both tools in a $8 package and removed the changer.

Bentley official interface is nice, but lacks sound quality and track choice/flexibility. Their iApple interface also seem to lower the overall achievable volume level. As a USB interface it sounds better but same lack of track control/choice. Analog in is pretty good.

Older I-VW-T/5V Dice Electronics small unit sounds far better, has proper output volume level but track control is via the iApple touch screen. So better sound and far higher control of track selection but no steering wheel track/control.

Waiting for Audiovox/Dice Mediabridge with Bluetooth to arrive, which should sound better still due to better DAC and balanced circuitry. I prefer having excellent sound quality plus better track access over highly limited steering wheel track control.

Good call Enjoythemusic on the Walmart find... makes it almost disposable.
The media Bridge albeit a great piece does have its flaws. The secondary connectivity is oftentimes hit or miss. Once unplugged or disconnected, the unit at times gets confused as to which connection it wants to establish. For instance, If you are hardwired to your iphone, unplug it and switch to bluetooth streaming and next re-establish the hard connection the interface gets confused and you could find yourself needing to reset. Another idiosyncrasy seems to be that the unit continues to run for awhile even when you turn off the audio or completely power off the vehicle. I inadvertently found myself in a volume setup area of the interface that according to most resellers didn't exist. I lowered the volume and had a hard time figuring out how to reach the disc area and file number to raise the volume again. There appears to be a number of additional functionalities of the system that are not included within the instructions.

Overall, for the price and ease of integration these issues are easily overlooked.

Hopefully the functionality will improve with the next firmware upgrade by audiovox.

stevenrmusic 06-23-2013 04:30 PM

Thanks for the info! Will have an iTouch always hooked up and is mounted on gooseneck stand (pics soon). The Galaxy Note II is for Bluetooth and acts as a Wi-Fi 4G LTE hotspots for the iTouch if/as needed.

Question: If I'm using the 'iPod' for audio, does Bluetooth still work (interrupt iPod music) for incoming phone calls? I assume yes, but.....

Btw, the unit stays on for a while after car shutdown is something Bentley did in that power circuit/timer. Not sure why they did that.

White991TT 06-23-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3878764)
Question: If I'm using the 'iPod' for audio, does Bluetooth still work (interrupt iPod music) for incoming phone calls? I assume yes, but.....

Btw, the unit stays on for a while after car shutdown is something Bentley did in that power circuit/timer. Not sure why they did that.

Yes BT still works as the paring and phone integration has been flawless (lowers music volume and establishes the phone call), although I've used with the iphone your mileage may vary. I also stream Pandora via BT and when calls come in the media Bridge announces the caller's phone number and lowers the music volume to establish the phone connection.

Thanks for the info on the oem timer. Makes sense as the car really seems to be in sleep mode rather than a traditional shut down. In monitoring my voltages Ive found that engaging the alarm does help her to sleep better.

stevenrmusic 06-26-2013 04:15 PM

She's installed and must admit the Mediabridge sounds great! Far better than the stock Bentley and yes even better than the older Dice unit. The Mediabridge Bluetooth works perfectly and I can also stream Pandora, Songza, etc from the wired/connected iTouch. I choose to use the iTouch to change tracks/playlists as I have far too much music to limit to the first 100 songs or try folder surfing. Color me very impressed.

REDNOSEGT 06-28-2013 10:30 AM

I have a dice unit brand new never used, $80 shipped. works for bentley gt ipod

lilo1980 07-09-2013 07:10 PM

How do you connect the wire to your iPhone from the Mediabridge unit with the glovebox closed? Is there a wire hanging out?

lilo1980 07-09-2013 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3881328)
She's installed and must admit the Mediabridge sounds great! Far better than the stock Bentley and yes even better than the older Dice unit. The Mediabridge Bluetooth works perfectly and I can also stream Pandora, Songza, etc from the wired/connected iTouch. I choose to use the iTouch to change tracks/playlists as I have far too much music to limit to the first 100 songs or try folder surfing. Color me very impressed.

Do you have this model: AMBR-1502-AVW

What is the difference between this model and ADUO-102-AVW? Is it just bluetooth streaming?

stevenrmusic 07-10-2013 05:48 AM

I have a stand the phone sits on, so I can manually control tracks via the iTouch screen. As for the differences between those models, think you are right in that it is just the Bluetooth.

01bee 07-10-2013 08:34 AM

It is more than just Bluetooth. The Mediabridge model has a microphone and can handle phone calls. The system will mute music and route calls through the Mediabridge and allows you to use it to handle the phone call.

Eric

stevenrmusic 07-10-2013 08:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Eric is of course right. When I said Bluetooth I meant the COMPLETE (relatively) current spec that includes both audio streaming and phone use. Thanks Eric for helping clarify.

Some pics below of the setup with the Astell&Kern AK120 24-bit/192kHz high fidelity music player. Standard iApple device with Apple-to-USB cord also works. Headphone cable for high fidelity is the Kimber Kable model GQ Mini Ag (100% silver wire). Yes I 'hid' the cable after final installation.