Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

info on a after market warranty for a 2005 bentley gt help

Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 AM
bentleylover007 is on a distinguished road
info on a after market warranty for a 2005 bentley gt help

hi i just purchased a 2005 bentley gt from a authorized bmw dealership upon the purchase they offered me a 2 year /24k mile warranty for $3400 full coverage on all drive tran etc and they claim all repair if needed can be done by a authorized bentley dealership , does anyone have any feedback on after market warranty for the bentley gt or is a dealer scam just to make more money on the deal i dont wana go for the $3400 if the time ever comes for the repair and then they give me a hard time paying it any feedback would be helpful thanks in advance.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO these cars are VEY reliable. Insurance, in general, is a PROFIT business as they do not stay in business by losing money. Naturally the choice is yours.

As the car is now around 5 years old, make sure the 'major' 40k/4yr service has been done by an authorized dealer (costs is approx $2400). If it has not been done, i'd 'invest' the money into getting the car fully serviced versus an extended warranty.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-30-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
GET A WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 07 has been at the dealer a few times, sometimes silly things and sometimes majors, but either way the warranty (mine is a bentley manufacturer warranty) saved me tons. It costs me around 5k to warranty it per year after the orig was up, but it has paid dividends to have it. Seriously look into the quality of this warranty you are being offered. Best way to do that is to contact a Bentley dealer near you and speak with their service advisor, tell them the info on the warranty co and see what they say. Best of luck.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 PM
bentleylover007 is on a distinguished road
thanks for all the info i think i will just take it for the $3400 so i have a peace of mind , thnx again for the feedback

Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
warranty is for those that don't know how cars work. most of you that think you are getting a good deal believe so because dealer is lying to you about what is fixed or changed.

there are basically numerous ways to fix car issues.

one is replace the whole damn thing
the other is to find out what's really the problem and replace that part.

dealer will do the smaller fix and then charge your warranty company for full replacement. you then think warranty is worth it when it really isn't warranted.

you should research on coverage, deductible and reputation of the warranty company. google and a talk with your bentley dealer is your friend. read the fine prints. major drive train failure is next to impossible. It's usually electronic parts, sensors etc that fail. make sure it's a bumper to bumper warranty.

Last edited by djantlive; 08-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
warranty is for those that don't know how cars work. most of you that think you are getting a good deal believe so because dealer is lying to you about what is fixed or changed.

there are basically numerous ways to fix car issues.

one is replace the whole damn thing
the other is to find out what's really the problem and replace that part.

dealer will do the smaller fix and then charge your warranty company for full replacement. you then think warranty is worth it when it really isn't warranted.

you should research on coverage, deductible and reputation of the warranty company. google and a talk with your bentley dealer is your friend. read the fine prints. major drive train failure is next to impossible. It's usually electronic parts, sensors etc that fail. make sure it's a bumper to bumper warranty.

this post is so negative. First you are assuming that nobody is trustworthy and that everyone is out to get you. I happen to be in the auto repair business and can and do fix most of my own vehicles. However, with my FS the parts are so expensive and the time to repair certain items is so time consuming that in the end it doesnt pay to repair it yourself (when you do have a warranty). I often recommend people DO NOT buy any warranties because most of those are costly and the repairs on most cars is nowhere near that cost. However, with cars like Bentley's etc, it is absolutely worth having.

Sounds like you have gotten burned in the past, but dont assume that all people in the industry are out to do the same.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:15 AM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
I would take the warranty information/contract to my dealer or my independent mechanic and see if they felt that the aftermarket company would take care of the major issues that arise. If they are familiar with the company and state that if would take care of some of the major Bentley problems then I would invest in the $. Nothing worse than buying something and then checking later to see if my local mechanics accept it or not. Good luck.