Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

PRESS: New Continental GT and GTC V8 Models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM
gliozzi is on a distinguished road
0-60

ICE

0 to 60 is only part of the overall package.
When I Drag raced My 0 to 60 was around 2.15 to 2.6 sec. but with my rear end ratio at the 1/4 mile finish line I was red lined and top speed was 150 + or -.
So when we can get a car that can go sub 4's @0 - 60 and 195/ 200 plus top speed and proper handling, that to me is a complete package.

Steven

Am I correct in the beleif that are GT has around a 3.33 to 1 diff ratio and the second one is like a 3.28 to one. Not sure about the proper ratio's but are they different from front to back?

I got my post at 5.47 am, either you are a real early bird in my time zone or your on the east coast or farther. If I were a betting man you were talking about sliding in snow and putting snow tires on your in the north east.

Happy Holidays to all
bob

Old 12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by F430Spider
For 20k diff - I would still go with the 12 - I cant see the 8 luggin all that weight around
2nd that.

So Steven are you getting the Aston??? I saw that in a car mag. and was disgusted. What gives with these upscale makers trying to enter the bottom feeder markets? If I were to guess I bet they are targeting some eccentric ballizionares.

I wish Bentley would have designed completely different car for the cost/green conscious consumers. Merc has it's C and Lexus it's ES Bentley could have the Econo Cruiser.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gliozzi
Am I correct in the beleif that are GT has around a 3.33 to 1 diff ratio and the second one is like a 3.28 to one. Not sure about the proper ratio's but are they different from front to back?
Up to the pre-2008 (i think) they had a 50F/50R split in power. After ?2008? model Bentley went 40F/60R. i see some gear ratio specs at:

www.thecarconnection.com/specifications/bentley_continental-gt_2005_2dr-cpe-gt_performance-specs

And yes, it is cold here and snow drifting is wonderful

Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Nice writing Steven!

Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Up to the pre-2008 (i think) they had a 50F/50R split in power. After ?2008? model Bentley went 40F/60R. i see some gear ratio specs at:

www.thecarconnection.com/specifications/bentley_continental-gt_2005_2dr-cpe-gt_performance-specs

And yes, it is cold here and snow drifting is wonderful
Since I have an 07 I have the 50/50 drive split. My question is can you really feel the difference in the 40/60 drive? What does it do to make the car better?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gliozzi
ICE

0 to 60 is only part of the overall package.
When I Drag raced My 0 to 60 was around 2.15 to 2.6 sec. but with my rear end ratio at the 1/4 mile finish line I was red lined and top speed was 150 + or -.
So when we can get a car that can go sub 4's @0 - 60 and 195/ 200 plus top speed and proper handling, that to me is a complete package.

Happy Holidays to all
bob
You track your Bentley? I guess that's cool it just seems there are so many other cars out there more at home on a track.
I consider it a luxury-sport-cruizer and anything around 5.0 or less is good for me. Apparently, it's not for you.
Handling is more important to me than reaching 200 mph....something I would never attempt.
To each his own.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:34 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
My question is can you really feel the difference in the 40/60 drive? What does it do to make the car better?
Yes you can feel it, yet one has to beg the question better IN WHAT TERMS? In the dry and driving highly sporty, sure more to the rear is nice. If this is snow/ice, i'd prefer the 50/50, especially with all that engine weight helping the front tyres to get grip. i like the 50/50, but then again we get a lot of snow/ice here. If Bentley went with a Ferrari-like system with 20F/80R, that is VERY noticeable. Personally, keep it 50/50 or 40/60 and be happy. Bentley CGT/GTC are ALL AROUND grand touring vehicles

Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Yes you can feel it, yet one has to beg the question better IN WHAT TERMS? In the dry and driving highly sporty, sure more to the rear is nice. If this is snow/ice, i'd prefer the 50/50, especially with all that engine weight helping the front tyres to get grip. i like the 50/50, but then again we get a lot of snow/ice here. If Bentley went with a Ferrari-like system with 20F/80R, that is VERY noticeable. Personally, keep it 50/50 or 40/60 and be happy. Bentley CGT/GTC are ALL AROUND grand touring vehicles
Thanks , if I get a chance to drive one I will.