Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

used 04-06 gt

Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 AM
andrewfashion is on a distinguished road
used 04-06 gt

Hey all, new here. Thought I'd ask a few questions as I'm getting ready to purchase my first real vehicle and want to make sure I don't get screwed in used prices.

Been doing a lot of research and prices seem to scatter around for a used 04-06 continental gt.

What would I expect to pay for a used 04, and how about a used 06 (saw someone saying they upgraded the 06 models with push-to-start).

Also, mileage wise, how much miles can you get out of these lovely ladies?

Any feedback/help would be greatly appreciated. I've always wanted a Bentley, and I am finally getting one.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-24-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: not enough posts, time and not in open forum
Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Congratulations on the decision to go Bentley. I really love mine but have only owned the 07 GTC for four months. When I was looking around I saw a lot of car in that model year ranging from 10-15K miles. I wondered why such few miles on these cars and got several answers. You will pay more for less miles of course but more important to me was the condition of the vehicle.

I see no reason why these cars will not go 100-200K miles.

As to prices I would expect a wide range for those years and all factors considered. Don't be surprised to see $120K for a great low milage 06 in pristine condition and amenities.

Keep us posted and good hunting mate.

Mel.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Congrats, you wont regret it.

I cannot add much except get the best one you can afford and have a PPI done, and make sure all services have been done.

I have seen a lot of high mileage ones out there, so they must last at least a little time..

Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
We have several 2004-2006 Bentley GT's for sale on our website that you may be interested in: www.globalautosports.com

Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Appreciate the info everyone.

@drdisaster, what was the answers of why so many with low miles? Was it just because the owner wanted to keep the value of the car higher?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by andrewfashion

@drdisaster, what was the answers of why so many with low miles? Was it just because the owner wanted to keep the value of the car higher?
Most exotic owners have more than one car, I myself have 4, so just to be able to drive it everyday is tough.. That is why most have lower miles..

Having said that. I do drive the Bentley every weekday, and it is by far the best daily car I have ever had.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all

Jack just mentioned the most common answer but there were others.

-Out of town travel limits personal driving time
-driving was a hobby more than transportation
-not wanting to put miles on the car assumed to reduce depreciation.

I hate the last one personally since i bought the car because I loved it and enjoy driving it. If retaining value was my primary concern I would have kept the money. I may regret this attitude when my car becomes a worn out old clunker.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
Price wise for an 04, I would expect 70 ish on up. Buy the newest one you can afford and get a PPI. I have owned mine and have not had any issues except I just put a battery tender on it due to not driving it. I did have simple issues such as my kid breaking the roll up/down wood middle compartment. Have your mechanic check all the usual things with the first stop having it hooked up to a computer and seeing what codes come up. And make sure the air suspension checks out as well as your brakes and rotors. My mechanic says that he services GT's with 75,000-100,000 miles and they are very strong with no limitations. Service wise is reasonable..not like some of the exotics which deal with 3 year belt replacements, sticky interior parts etc etc. Good luck, they are an excellent motorcar with a unique following.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the help!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Prices seem to be pretty good right now for buying. I've recently been offered 2 mint 07 GTC'S one Black and one White with under 20k on the dial for a little over 107k on each. I would say in the next few months 100k will get you a great GTC.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM
just got delivered today, ill post photos after i get my tint and new wheels!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Look forward to the pics!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Oh yeh baby, let the good times roll. I hope to take mine out today if the thunderstorms move out quick enough.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Oh yeh baby, let the good times roll. I hope to take mine out today if the thunderstorms move out quick enough.
Looking forward to the pictures, I took a 06 out for a test drive last week when I was in ton and am smitten. As soon as good CGT prices get down a bit or I find a really clean 06 GT I am going to jump.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
As soon as good CGT prices get down a bit or I find a really clean 06 GT I am going to jump.
Hmm... said the same thing about four years ago... and have enjoyed the past two years of driving bliss

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: used 04-06 gt