Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Clear Protective film, any suggestions???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
wingedone is on a distinguished road
Clear Protective film, any suggestions???

I am wondering what the best clear protective film i should use for my new GTC. any suggestions???

wingedone

Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
venture film, 3m, xpel are all very good.

installer is more important than the brand. get a full hood and fender wrap. should run about 2-3k depending if you go with a full hood kit or custom wrap.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by djantlive
venture film, 3m, xpel are all very good.

installer is more important than the brand. get a full hood and fender wrap. should run about 2-3k depending if you go with a full hood kit or custom wrap.
Like he said the installer is important! I had mine done recently and had to go back twice because some of the 3m film was coming off the car The last time we discovered that the film was wrinkled in some places and had to be replaced. I can't understand why they didn't notice it before it was put on. Needless to say, I will have to replace one piece in the near future.

Mine was done for $600. This included the mirrors, 1/4 hood/front fenders, grill molding and front bumper.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExoticCarDriver
Like he said the installer is important! I had mine done recently and had to go back twice because some of the 3m film was coming off the car The last time we discovered that the film was wrinkled in some places and had to be replaced. I can't understand why they didn't notice it before it was put on. Needless to say, I will have to replace one piece in the near future.

Mine was done for $600. This included the mirrors, 1/4 hood/front fenders, grill molding and front bumper.
$600 is pretty low for even a partial kit. before you pay, make sure it's done right. it is worth checking reviews of the installer. wrinkle and bubble are all typical of poor installs. wrinkles can be minimized with heat gun.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:33 PM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
For anyone that already has clear film installed, do you have an unprotected area like the one on my front bumper? The film was precut and I can't believe how much is unprotected. Can anyone post a similar pic of their car so I can see if this is the same with all cars.