Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Naim Premium Audio System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Naim Premium Audio System

I am finalizing my Bentley CGTC order and have about 7 days left to fine tune it.

My question is: Is the Naim Premium Audio System a worthwhile option at $7,155? In addition to sound enhancement, are there other considerations such as resale value?

Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Wow that much for an upgrade? I had thought about doing some upgrade to my stock system but have not gotten serious about it. It would be nice to hear both systems at the dealer to make an informed decision.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 04-06-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
wingedone is on a distinguished road
i had the same dilemma, but went to the dealer and listened to a GTC with Naim and a GTC without. with the top down i couldn't tell the difference, and with the top up, to me the difference was negligible. at the end of the day it really comes down to if you like to have the "gadgets." the car will not resell any better because of it (so my dealer keeps telling me)... actually, my dealer does not order any of their cars for stock with the naim because they dont feel the price justifies the upgrade.

congrats on the car. what colors did you order? when is it due? is yours a 2013?

wingedone

Old 04-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wingedone
congrats on the car. what colors did you order? when is it due? is yours a 2013?
wingedone
Colors - Onyx exterior, Portland main, Porpoise secondary and Burr Walnut veneer. It is a 2013 that currently has a finish date of June 1 since I finalized the order yesterday. It should take 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.

BTW - I took Dr. D's advice and phoned the dealer to ask his advice and to schedule a listen. The dealer pretty much told me what you said about the audio system. It seems that the regular audio system is very good as it is so I didn't choose that option.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
The regular audio system is very good that is for sure. Many ideas have commented on the sound system. If I had my dream I'd have Enjoythemusic build one for me.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
If I had my dream I'd have Enjoythemusic build one for me.
That could be dangerous. i have heard quite a few (was an IASCA sound quality judge) car audio systems where the car was $20k and the sound system inside was near the same price(!). Don't ask about home audio. Still... Hmm, what could be achieved with a $200k car audio system. Of course 32-bit/384kHz processing for every driver, call it a mere 12-driver setup, everything optically connected including all the way to the amplifier, deeper menu's for adjustment (31 band eq, Q centering adjustable, sound processors, 'effects', etc) with of course a USB port and computer program for ease-of-use PLUS Earhworks or other lab-grade calibration mics.... The car's in-dash control panel can allow you to choose 20 settings (10 stock standard and 10 fully user-programmable) sound profiles........

How crazy do you really want to go? All Class A solid-state? Tubes? Ribbon tweeters? Waaaay back in the day the Sony XES system was a fine technical achievement for car audio.
http://forum.caraudiopt.com/index.ph...c=17328.0;wap2

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-09-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
That could be dangerous. i have heard quite a few (was an IASCA sound quality judge) car audio systems where the car was $20k and the sound system inside was near the same price(!). Don't ask about home audio. Still... Hmm, what could be achieved with a $200k car audio system. Of course 32-bit/384kHz processing for every driver, call it a mere 12-driver setup, everything optically connected including all the way to the amplifier, deeper menu's for adjustment (31 band eq, Q centering adjustable, sound processors, 'effects', etc) with of course a USB port and computer program for ease-of-use PLUS Earhworks or other lab-grade calibration mics.... The car's in-dash control panel can allow you to choose 20 settings (10 stock standard and 10 fully user-programmable) sound profiles........

How crazy do you really want to go? All Class A solid-state? Tubes? Ribbon tweeters? Waaaay back in the day the Sony XES system was a fine technical achievement for car audio.
http://forum.caraudiopt.com/index.ph...c=17328.0;wap2
See what I mean. Steven I can not afford all that BUT if I do an upgrade I will contact you and give a price range and you could advise me. Who knows if it will ever happen but ten years ago I never would have thought I would be driving Bentlery

Leave the future open boys. Had a hell of ride this weekend but that belongs on another thread.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...Still... Hmm, what could be achieved with a $200k car audio system. Of course 32-bit/384kHz processing for every driver, call it a mere 12-driver setup, everything optically connected including all the way to the amplifier, deeper menu's for adjustment (31 band eq, Q centering adjustable, sound processors, 'effects', etc) with of course a USB port and computer program for ease-of-use PLUS Earhworks or other lab-grade calibration mics.... The car's in-dash control panel can allow you to choose 20 settings (10 stock standard and 10 fully user-programmable) sound profiles.....
And then you wake up one morning with some extra wax in your ears, and all that money and skill turns to cr*p and you don't know any different

Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
(Humor) But does that way cool look of wearing a bluetooth earbud cause any problems? The guy below looks sooooo cool, wish i could be him. Am sure she thinks he looks sexy like that. ROFL!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I went and test drove a few different model bentleys GT's and spoke with one dealer on the phone and another on the test drive, both thought the NAIM was not even worth 3k. I heard it for myself and thought it sounded quite weak. I have Burmester in my CTT and it is worlds apart from the BOSE or any other car audio system I have heard. Loved the Bently but to trade my CTT for it and lose all the things I love about the CTT and to pay more for the Bently did not add up. Still want one in the future!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 AM
(Humor) But does that way cool look of wearing a bluetooth earbud cause any problems? The guy below looks sooooo cool, wish i could be him. Am sure she thinks he looks sexy like that. ROFL!!!

Oh horrible for many reasons. She does not look to perky herself.

I have a buddy that runs around with one of those things in his ear all the time and spends the whole day apparently talking to himself. His wife says they use 10'000 minutes a month on the plan and it is mostly him. He ain't sexy!

My next improvement on the car will most likely be an ECU upgrade now that I have the polish and Opticoat