Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Air Conditioner freon.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
Air Conditioner freon.

I dont think my AC is blowing cold enough and wanted to top off the freon, does anyone know where the valve to connect to is located on my 06 FS?

Old 06-24-2012, 01:30 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
it'll be in the engine bay. there will be high and low side valves. it should be on the side of the engine. you'll need to remove the engine cover and may be some additional plastic covering on the sides. usually, it's on the driver side but I am not sure about the cgt. the high valve is the one that connect the ac compressor to the drier (which looks like a cyclinder). the low side is from the condensor back to the compressor.

you may have a small leak. a good AC shop can diagnosis the leak using a sniffer and top it off if needed. if you do it yourself, don't overfill it because that will cause the ac to run not as cold also.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for such a quick response, been searching around the internet would love to see a pic of location and whether left or right side before I start taking it apart.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Should be here

Attached Images   
Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by montyfd
Should be here
I scoured the internet for days and couldnt find that pic, Monty you are awesome! Thats exactly where is was, where did you get that schematic, I love working on my own cars but I'm very new to Bentley.

BTW on Sunday it was around 90 degrees out and I didnt the the ac was doing a very good job especially when I had too idle for a few minutes.
Today its only around 74 but I just checked the ac temp output and it was 39 degrees!
What could be causeing it to operate poorly in heat? The ac in my Jeep & Lexus are like ice even on the hottest days.-MICHAEL:

Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
I simply bought the workshop CD from Flyingspares UK, contains everything a dealer has available for repairs

Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Is this the one you have?

Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, thats it. It is officially only working for 4 weeks but you can trick it if that time is over.
Simply change the date in your computer before starting the program to a day when it was still valid. As soon as its open, you can switch the date back then and keep on working with it

Old 06-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by montyfd
Yes, thats it. It is officially only working for 4 weeks but you can trick it if that time is over.
Simply change the date in your computer before starting the program to a day when it was still valid. As soon as its open, you can switch the date back then and keep on working with it
So if I buy the DVD it technically will only work for 4 weeks?!

Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Yes. Seems to license online when you first install it. Tried it a month later on another computer and also got the "expired" message there. But changing the computer system time does the trick easily.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have had questions about how well my ac was working also. While I had my exhaust adjusted the dealer gave me an 05 Jaguar XJR and that ac was stellar. Even idling in the parking lot for a good while is was freezing in the car with the outside temp at 93. I guess I expected much more from Bentley that claims to test their cars in the arctic cold and the Saudi desert.

I just had the car in for plugs and oil so I am going to call and have them check my freon the next time I am there. How long does it take to check the level?

Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
How long does it take to check the level?
Seconds. Heck, you can easily refill it yourself as am assuming it uses normal refill and not the old R12 (outlawed in 1995 or thereabouts on new cars as i recall).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-12-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thanks Steven, I wanted to know so I can get it done quickly at the shop. I don't have the gauges.

Does you AC work strong in the summer for you? Would you rate it as good or better than you other cars?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Thanks Steven, I wanted to know so I can get it done quickly at the shop. I don't have the gauges.
The new coolant is not like the old R12. No need to have multi-gauges or 'recapture' anything that may 'leak out'. Simply visit any auto parts store and you’ll see they sell AC refill, comes with gauge, for about $15 or so. Use what may be needed yet DO NOT overfill!!!

Does you AC work strong in the summer for you? Would you rate it as good or better than you other cars?

Works great. Really great actually. In fact was at a race at Lime Rock Park a few weeks back and it was quite hot. Since the car was parked at Big Bend, we just hopped in the car, started her up and pulled it forward a bit to the fencing to watch the race. The B delivered nice cold AC as we stayed parked for over 30 minutes while myself and girlfriend comfortably watched the race

As for other cars, you do know the vintage Ferrari AC is like a rat with astma coughing on an ice cube.

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 06-28-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 AM
PS: Just checked the AC level on the 06 GT via gauge here and she is fine. Very easy to check (and refill AC as needed).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioner freon.