Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New owner of a 05 GT! Need a little help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM
*fill-up* is on a distinguished road
New owner of a 05 GT! Need a little help!

Hey guys a few days ago I purchased an 05 Bentley GT to replace my 360 Spider (ps I am still shocked at how powerful and well built this car is!). But on another note, it needs a little tlc, maybe someone can help me on here!

-I need to replace both front seat belts due to airbag light, no idea where to even start with how to replace them (I did buy 2 new ones, just don't want to start tearing up my seat)

-I also have a check engine light on, showing 1 code p0480 for a cooling fan (but the fan works fine because my car stays perfect temp even during the past 100 degree days here in Chicago)

-The backrest reclining seat motor is shorted out on the drivers side, does anyone know if I can swap it with my passenger seat motor, or will I just have to buy another seat?

-I also needed to change a rear wheel bearing, but just did that this morning!

Other than that the car is great, and I look forward to the advice, thanks!

Old 07-01-2012, 03:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Want to say welcome to the board! Alas, not familiar with how to fix those or the code you mentioned. Someone here should know and chime in soon. Again, welcome to the board.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
BCTBoston is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new ride. I also have an 05 and the check engine light came on a few months ago, same code. On mine it was the coolant temp sensor, dont know the cost from Bentley, but the VW Phaeton sensor I installed only cost $25 and solved the problem. Cant help on the other issues....Again, congrats on the new ride

Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 PM
*fill-up* is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Ordered the sensor came in today, any idea where/how to install? Or should I just leave it up to my mechanic?