Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

3rd LED Brake Light

Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Kevin Mendez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Not sure current price on part and it may be a 'DIY", but not an easy one. They do not have to remove the rear glass, yet other things need to be removed/pulled back. See if the factory will help compensate as it is a known defective part.
Has anyone got ant compensation or discount from company or dealer for this repair. As suggested here?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM
01bee is on a distinguished road
I struck out with the dealer, but found an independent shop that did the replacement for $1300. 7 hours labor, plus part.

Eric

Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 AM
ghaffar_abdual is on a distinguished road
3rd brake light

Originally Posted by Swflbt23
it can be a DIY but only if you are very confident on working around a very expensive piece of glass. you have to remove the left (drivers) c-pillar trim and pull down the headliner to gain access to the connector.but i remove the headliner to avoid creasing it. then you have to pry the light off from the outside. to install the new light you have to use a hobby knife and remove a small square of the window sealant between the window and body (this is the part that will break the rear window if your not careful). pass the wires for your light from the outside through your hole to the inside. then place new sealant to cover the hole and clip in the light. this is a rough run through if you still want to do it after reading this ill can post a more in depth explanation. your first time will probably take you the better part of a full day given you have all the tools needed.
Hi dear i am tech from pakistan i want to change 3rd brake light 06 gt can you info me how do this job how to remove c piler and headliner and light do you have step by step information plz send me my email ghaffar_abdual@yahoo.com thanks in advance.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
squirel is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Swflbt23
it can be a DIY but only if you are very confident on working around a very expensive piece of glass. you have to remove the left (drivers) c-pillar trim and pull down the headliner to gain access to the connector.but i remove the headliner to avoid creasing it. then you have to pry the light off from the outside. to install the new light you have to use a hobby knife and remove a small square of the window sealant between the window and body (this is the part that will break the rear window if your not careful). pass the wires for your light from the outside through your hole to the inside. then place new sealant to cover the hole and clip in the light. this is a rough run through if you still want to do it after reading this ill can post a more in depth explanation. your first time will probably take you the better part of a full day given you have all the tools needed.
Hello !

I would be interested in getting some more input regarding the change.
Could you help ?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:05 AM
squirel is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by squirel
Hello !

I would be interested in getting some more input regarding the change.
Could you help ?

Thanks in advance.
Talking to my mechanic , he told me he had done a few already and had a way to take it out without risking the rear window. ;-)

Cheers

Last edited by squirel; 06-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:05 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
On the 06 GT the factory guys took about 2 hours and did not need to remove the rear windscreen.