Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

3rd LED Brake Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
bigshot will become famous soon enough
3rd LED Brake Light

Hi guys !

Hope all is well for everyone. I have an 06 GT and everytime I wash it or it gets wet, I get the "check brake like" on dash and Im wondering if it happened to some of you guys and what you did to fix it.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hi. Alas, that is a known defective part and happened on the 06 here too. They replace the entire light assembly unit and it takes a few hours.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
I heard you can replace it yourself but its a bit tricky and doesnt require glass to be taken out.

J

Old 07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
How much that part goes for ?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure current price on part and it may be a 'DIY", but not an easy one. They do not have to remove the rear glass, yet other things need to be removed/pulled back. See if the factory will help compensate as it is a known defective part.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
I have problem with condensation getting in mine every time I wash it. What I do is put tape over the defective and remove it once I am done. The tape deflects the water from getting into the light. If you have water in there now you can use a hair dryer to remove it.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ExoticCarDriver
I have problem with condensation getting in mine every time I wash it. What I do is put tape over the defective and remove it once I am done. The tape deflects the water from getting into the light. If you have water in there now you can use a hair dryer to remove it.
So I guess we have the exact same problem. What do you do if it rains ? Wonder if there's a solution to this cuz otherwise it works fine !

Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by bigshot
So I guess we have the exact same problem. What do you do if it rains ? Wonder if there's a solution to this cuz otherwise it works fine !
I never drive it in the rain

Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
I guess you use some silicon to fill in the gap that is taking in water?

J

Old 07-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333

J
I think rubber weather stripping would be better but I couldnt find any to fit.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't either but I got a couple unexpected drops before.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by jc_333

J
Maybe that would work. Will look into it when I take it to my mechanic.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
I am scared to even wash mines

Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
it can be a DIY but only if you are very confident on working around a very expensive piece of glass. you have to remove the left (drivers) c-pillar trim and pull down the headliner to gain access to the connector.but i remove the headliner to avoid creasing it. then you have to pry the light off from the outside. to install the new light you have to use a hobby knife and remove a small square of the window sealant between the window and body (this is the part that will break the rear window if your not careful). pass the wires for your light from the outside through your hole to the inside. then place new sealant to cover the hole and clip in the light. this is a rough run through if you still want to do it after reading this ill can post a more in depth explanation. your first time will probably take you the better part of a full day given you have all the tools needed.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
farmGT74 is on a distinguished road
happened to my car as well, I was quoted about 800 dollars for the part (with my 20% discount) plus labor at my local dealership total was about 1700-1800

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd LED Brake Light