Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

hi new member here with some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
euromotors is on a distinguished road
hi new member here with some questions

hi everyone, glad to be a member here. I recently purchased a 2004 GT, seems as if someone had stolen parts out of it. Im trying to figure out what goes where so i can atleast get the car to turn on! ill post some pics, thanks in advance for anyone telling me what goes in these places.

Last edited by euromotors; 07-23-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Welcome to the club!

That's a sad looking photo of neglect. Hope you can get it fixed 'n shined.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Since I am not a mechanic i'd put it on a rollback and get it to a dealer. Sure it will cost plenty but it might be done right and safe the first time. Are you mechanically inclined? Do you have the computer diagnostic systems to evaluate the car?

Does the car not start? Keep us posted this might be a long an interesting thread.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
it doesnt start, i assume its missing the ECU, but there is probably other modules there too. if anyone is mechanically inclined or knows these cars mechanicals-would you care to chime in and let me know what is located there?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I agree with the Doc - you should let a shop fix it. If you don't know what's needed, I don't like your chances of fixing it!

How did you acquire it - was it a smash?

Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
I think this would be a great question for Steven. He has alot of time for research. Or take this to the dealer. It's going to cost big, but they do it right so that you don't have to worry down the line.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 AM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by euromotors
it doesnt start, i assume its missing the ECU, but there is probably other modules there too. if anyone is mechanically inclined or knows these cars mechanicals-would you care to chime in and let me know what is located there?
You are definetly missing bith ECUs, the connectors are visible in the picture. Hope the car was really cheap, because the missing parts will not be...

Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I think this would be a great question for Steven. He has alot of time for research. Or take this to the dealer.

Oh hell no i aint got THAT much time on my hands! He 'saved money' i bet by buying a 'project car'. It takes a special kind of person for that, and you can count me out.

Punting this to you guys and/or the dealer

Old 07-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Not a wrecked car. Theft recovery

Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Are those the only missing pieces?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Oh hell no i aint got THAT much time on my hands! He 'saved money' i bet by buying a 'project car'. It takes a special kind of person for that, and you can count me out.

Punting this to you guys and/or the dealer
or since he is in Texas. Those Southern boys from Delta V has pulled out that motor for their Bentley and they will probably know what's missing and where those harnesses go. Might be cheaper than the dealer.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 AM
WES77Y will become famous soon enoughWES77Y will become famous soon enough
If you require engine management ECU's I have 2 from a 2004/5 GT??

Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
If you can find someone with a VAG tool simulator you can save a ton with a used ECU. They are tied to the keys and specific car in the Bentley.

Someone on the vortex had cloned a bentley ECU out of a older phaeton unit a while back.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by WES77Y
If you require engine management ECU's I have 2 from a 2004/5 GT??
so from my understanding, these are mated to the cars they were pulled out of? I would need a VAG simulator to correct that?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
WES77Y will become famous soon enoughWES77Y will become famous soon enough
The car and ECU's can be mated together using the correct VAG COM device, yes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hi new member here with some questions