Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Parade Duty?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
No need to worry my friend. Simply point to the bumper sticker on the Bentley. If she's fat, she knows it.

Or tell her she is throwing off the crucial centre of gravity and overall weight balance, which of course is unacceptable given the pedigree of the Bentley... naturally.
Darn I'm afraid the red in the sticker would clash with the all black Bentley image. Besides don't all women think that they are fat?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Center of gravity and maybe the crucial areodynamics might be off(of course we are talking about cruising at 5mph right?)

Old 09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I'm mostly worried about crushing the rear deck and the top never coming back up. I'm sure I could sling the heifer off if i feel the front wheels leaving the ground.

Hum??? Wheelie bars??

Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Wheely bars? Maybe if big guns is is big enough.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
A new wrinkle has popped up. My daughter says they will want to hang a banner on the sides of the car.

I'm not sure but i will find out. I don't like the idea and think it could be pad for the paint job.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
A new wrinkle has popped up. My daughter says they will want to hang a banner on the sides of the car.

I'm not sure but i will find out. I don't like the idea and think it could be pad for the paint job.
This thread reminds me of the old saying: "Never let a good deed go unpunished". I regret the day I plead with you to let her ride in your Bentley. It is obvious that the women in TN have big ***** as well.

Next thing they will ask if the dad can drive with the wife in the passenger seat and the other 4 children and 5 dogs sit in the back. They might want to spruce her up with some of those mud flaps with the nude women on them. I suggest that you schedule a visit to the dealer (for some BS reason) and tell the dad that, regretfully, the Bentley will not be available.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
This thread reminds me of the old saying: "Never let a good deed go unpunished". I regret the day I plead with you to let her ride in your Bentley. It is obvious that the women in TN have big ***** as well.

Next thing they will ask if the dad can drive with the wife in the passenger seat and the other 4 children and 5 dogs sit in the back. They might want to spruce her up with some of those mud flaps with the nude women on them. I suggest that you schedule a visit to the dealer (for some BS reason) and tell the dad that, regretfully, the Bentley will not be available.
I just called the father and he emphatically agrees that we should have not banner/signs or stickers. He said he would never ask that and that would destroy the class of the Bentley ride.

Oh BTW he said that the only thing in the car was her little *** riding in the back seat. I did say I was hoping that she was not a biggun. She weighs less thatn 100lb. He also said this yearly parade has never seen a car of this magnitude.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Latest is my 18 y/o daughter wants to ride all day, go out to eat and ride shotgun for the parade. Gotta love it when your girl wants to ride hot on the mountain roads and hang out with the dad.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
This has turned out to be an interesting mission for all us watching your progress doc. Who would have thought there would be so many potential problems.

I had often thought of getting a few exotics together... cars that the average guy would love ride in, like ours, Aston Martin, Ferrari, maybe Porsche... and giving rides every year or so at a school fair for charity.

I know if I was a kid with an interest in cars, I would do anything get my first ride in a luxury exotic. I well remember my ride in a DB5 in my late teens 45 years ago as clear as today. The thrill has never left me.

I wonder if your lucky recipients will feel the same way with your parade offer. Would be well worth it.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I am glad to hear that your GTC will be safe from the bigguns. And for flags and banners, those double sided 3m adhesive tapes are going to rip your paint off the body. They are really that good.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
This has turned out to be an interesting mission for all us watching your progress doc. Who would have thought there would be so many potential problems.
Ah hah! hence the name Dr. Disaster.

Rides for the kids?? On the surface it sounds so altruistic and kind but how many would see it as arrogant and showy??? Given my experience you have to understand that some of my negativity is well earned.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I am glad to hear that your GTC will be safe from the bigguns. And for flags and banners, those double sided 3m adhesive tapes are going to rip your paint off the body. They are really that good.
Banners on a Bentley are like muslim coverup on a Victoria Secret model.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Banners on a Bentley are like muslim coverup on a Victoria Secret model.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Given my experience you have to understand that some of my negativity is well earned.
Dr. Disaster - I look upon you as the ultimate "Provocutor":
One who wants to be successful at everything he does and realizing that while you can't please everyone, finds that ticking them off is quite easy.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Dr. Disaster - I look upon you as the ultimate "Provocutor":
One who wants to be successful at everything he does and realizing that while you can't please everyone, finds that ticking them off is quite easy.
Good Lord man my dictionary does not even have that word in it.

As you have defined it though I guess you are correct. Certainly exasperating for sure.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parade Duty?