Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What made you choose a GTC over the CGT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Grwisher
I have say, as I have said before, women liked my GT but they love my GTC. There is no doubt in my mind that the convertible is the best way to go for attracting the fairer sex.

My wife is my DD and she is absolutely fearless when she drives my GTC. She was that way with my GT so I don't think it matters which one she drives. She is normally very quiet and low maintenance, but somehow the Bentley gets her going.
My fiancée does the same damm thing when she is my DD, I guess it is hard for them not to step on the pedal, especially when I am drunk and she can get away with it.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
You are probably aware that the Continental had major changes starting in the 2012 model. Google: "Bentley Continental changes in 2012". Something to consider.

http://www.cars.com/bentley/continen...xpert-reviews/
Here in Hobbit land, we get cars labeled early! (Or put less diplomatically - you're well behind us!).

That new CGT model has actually been out since 2011 here.

I have a 2010 model Range Rover, but it's a 2009 model here (so I put in 2010 in my sig so that folk know it's the later one).

Want to know tomorrow's lottery numbers? Give me a call

Last edited by kensilver; 11-24-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Because I can! :D
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kensilver
Here in Hobbit land, we get cars labeled early! (Or put diplomatically - you're well behind us!).

That new CGT model has actually been out since 2011 here.

I have a 2010 model Range Rover, but it's a 2009 model here (so I put in 2010 in my sig so that folk know it's the later one).

Want to know tomorrow's lottery numbers? Give me a call
Do you know how it came about that cars were labeled with next years year designation for decades?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Do you know how it came about that cars were labeled with next years year designation for decades?
No idea. And I'm not even sure it applies to all models for us. I have a test drive of the old 2012 CGT lined up this week, so will ask the experts there.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kensilver
No idea. And I'm not even sure it applies to all models for us. I have a test drive of the old 2012 CGT lined up this week, so will ask the experts there.
They probably won't know.

What I understand, being an old farm boy, is that farmers, who long ago made up a much larger portion of the population, would have money to spend late in the year when their crops were harvested. Instead of keeping the year designation until the end of calendar year, car companies would bring out the new models early when farmers had money to spend.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
ROFL. Classic!
Yes that one set me off.

I am driving mine all the time just like a car. Regular car that is. We went to Knoxville yesterday to shop a bit and the wife questioned the use of the car in all the traffic and crowded parking lots fearing damage and vandalism. I told her I was not going to be paralyzed by fear and I like driving the car.. She responded that she viewed the car as one for trips and joy rides not just shopping and hopping from lot to lot.

I performed a command veto override and drove the Bentley.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Yes that one set me off.

I am driving mine all the time just like a car. Regular car that is. We went to Knoxville yesterday to shop a bit and the wife questioned the use of the car in all the traffic and crowded parking lots fearing damage and vandalism. I told her I was not going to be paralyzed by fear and I like driving the car.. She responded that she viewed the car as one for trips and joy rides not just shopping and hopping from lot to lot.

+1. Good for you!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes that one set me off.

Encore!

Since I do the shopping in my household of two, I always used to take the SUV of the day. And because we're in an upmarket area, there's always a top model Merc, the odd Porsche or something else nice in the supermarket park.

So the last few weeks I caved in... I've been driving the Bentley like a real car . The biggest surprise is how exotic it looks parked up against the Japanese sedans there, glistening like a jewel.

The comparison factor makes really it stand out, and we also don't realize how much better the paint job is - shinewise - on these until we see it parked alongside other luxury brands. There's a reason they spend £30k on the paintwork.

When I was visiting UK I did the shopping for my mother at Waitrose, and the variety of exotics there was astounding. One day an old, gorgeous convertible Roller swept through the gate, top down, wife and two point five kids sitting happily. Those are HUGE. Where he parked I've no idea.

Haven't seen an Enzo in any supermarket park though, waiting...

Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes that one set me off.

The fear of vandalism and car jacking in urban cities have merit. The thing to watch for when you drive is people running insurance/accident scams. They see a Bentley, it's like a magnet for seasoned insurance scammers to get you into an accident with them. This happens to me alot. I really pay extra attention when I drive miss B around.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
The fear of vandalism and car jacking in urban cities have merit. The thing to watch for when you drive is people running insurance/accident scams. They see a Bentley, it's like a magnet for seasoned insurance scammers to get you into an accident with them. This happens to me alot. I really pay extra attention when I drive miss B around.
Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.

William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4

Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Our doubts are traitors,
By fearing to attempt.

Can I get that down graded to a hillbilly version.

Reminds me of what my daughter said on her first deer hunt with me and while coming out of the stand at dark we did see some does 300yds out. She said,"shoot at em dad you might hit one".

Old 11-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Can I get that down graded to a hillbilly version.

Reminds me of what my daughter said on her first deer hunt with me and while coming out of the stand at dark we did see some does 300yds out. She said,"shoot at em dad you might hit one".
I just knew you would come up with something we could all understand.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Our doubts are traitors,
By fearing to attempt.

I think attempting to conquer fear and doubts has been one of the best challenges of my life and I still have alot to attempt.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I think attempting to conquer fear and doubts has been one of the best challenges of my life and I still have alot to attempt.
How iis your baby doing at Delta V?

Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
How iis your baby doing at Delta V?
They are dropping the motor and ready to cut her up like a Hollywood starlet at the cosmetic surgeon. Oh yeah, Doc, your wheel vibration might be due to your front wheel hubs having too much movement. On both of mines are sloppy and they are not supposed to be like that. Have your mechanic check that out. And yep I totally miss her(my car). Already planning a surprised for her when she gets back. A lists of XMas gifts such as carbon fiber racing seats, done tastefully to match Bentley luxury. Also the back two seats will be carbon fiber and leather too. She really needs to lose weight.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What made you choose a GTC over the CGT?