Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What made you choose a GTC over the CGT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
What made you choose a GTC over the CGT?

I'm starting to get excited about changing my CGT for the soft top at some stage, so I'm wondering what made you GTC owners choose it over the hard roof version. While I figure the open air advantage is part of it, was there anything else?

And for those who have made comparison test drives, did you notice more road noise or any other big difference to the CGT?

Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The gress is always greener.... i want a GTC instead of the CGT too.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
The gress is always greener.... i want a GTC instead of the CGT too.
Any particular reason? Want to get away from the hip-hop/drugdealer/rock star association of our CGTs?

Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Oh gosh no jeepers Uncle Ken, the hip-hop/drugdealer/rock star association of our CGTs suits me dandy. Was just talking to Wally and the Beave about it...

Keep joking about it to close friends, but i really want a GTC in addition to the CGT, but how the heck to somehow justify it.... that is another can-o-worms LOL!

PS: Don't hate the playa, hate da game... but not rapper The Game; he's one cool *****...

Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kensilver
Any particular reason? Want to get away from the hip-hop/drugdealer/rock star association of our CGTs?
Don't forget the athletes.Bentley owners are so diverse. 2 Black 2012 Bentley CGTs are living in my area. So tempted to get a convertible. Very suave to pull up to Sunday lunch in a soft top. Beautiful weather out here. The Game has one. Very nice custom stitching done on his ride. Red of course. He is a damu( meaning blood in Swahili).

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-18-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Oh gosh no jeepers Uncle Ken, the hip-hop/drugdealer/rock star association of our CGTs suits me dandy. Was just talking to Wally and the Beave about it...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
...Bentley owners are so diverse...
So true. However over here in New Zealand I rarely see CGTs being driven by counter-culture icons We see just normal rich guys (and one woman) of executive style. But deep down I think we're all renegades of sorts!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
When i bought my GTC I had no idea about what type of crowd was associated with them. I just thought that Bentley was old man car and stuffy wealth. After driving it I was hooked and knew it was to fast to the be an ole geezer car.

I wanted an open air sports car with luxury and the Bentley is it. I am not a great fan of the rag top(soft top) look but Bentley does it better than most. Why a top down car?

1. Sound, of the tires and motor are like music from the stereo.
2. You are part of the outdoors not isolated from it. Smells, sounds and sights are full 3-D in your face.
3. Warm sun on your face in the spring and breeze are very therapeutic.
4. Style. The convertible catches more attention than a coupe. More people ask to look in and enjoy your car with you with the top down.
5. Emotional feelings that are not describable with words.

Ken I have driven both cars and the ride noise with the top up is comparable. The head liner looks top notch and you feel like you are in a coupe.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Now I would like to see the opposing argument please.

Why buy the coupe?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
I'm starting to get excited about changing my CGT for the soft top at some stage, so I'm wondering what made you GTC owners choose it over the hard roof version.
I bought a 2012 GT in December of last year and I loved the car but I realized that I had made a mistake by not getting a GTC in the 1st place. So in April I ordered a 2013 GTC which I took delivery of in July. It cost some serious coin but I couldn't be happier with my decision. If you are a convertible person it is really a great move.

While I figure the open air advantage is part of it, was there anything else?
It is weird but both my wife and I feel that, with the top up, the convertible seems less confining than the GT I had. It may be that the slope of the top in the back is more pronounced on the GT.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
...It is weird but both my wife and I feel that, with the top up, the convertible seems less confining than the GT I had. It may be that the slope of the top in the back is more pronounced on the GT.
OK, that's an interesting take I hadn't figured. Is the soft top lining a light-colored material?

Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Now I would like to see the opposing argument please.

Why buy the coupe?
They are styles apart. A guy spotted my CGT in my garage, viewing it from the back, and asked if it was an Aston Martin. He wouldn't say that about a GTC.

I guess I like the styling of the CGT fastback, even though it's a clumsy interpretation of the Aston. I've always thought of the GTC as a rounded Azure.

Last edited by kensilver; 11-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
OK, that's an interesting take I hadn't figured. Is the soft top lining a light-colored material?
As I recall, it is a choice. I will research tomorrow and get back to you if I am wrong. Again, although both the GT and the GTC are fabulous automobiles, the GTC is the nuts. But then again, so am I.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Now I would like to see the opposing argument please. Why buy the coupe?
Snow... higher inherent chassis rigidity... quieter interior cabin... far higher resistance to bullets...

Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Snow... higher inherent chassis rigidity... quieter interior cabin... far higher resistance to bullets...
Resistance to bullets. Lighter, no one can cut through your roof, roof replacement cost on convertible(added expense). Aerodynamically sane, when you really go fast

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What made you choose a GTC over the CGT?