Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Jewel Fuel Filler Cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 04:48 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlistairD
Sorry to revive an old thread.... and to cause angst for those of us without the Jewel Filler Cap....

I see that there are now several versions but it's not clear to me if they are 'backward' compatible?

I have a UK early 2010 GT (so pre update of the info unit.) Would the latest Jewel fuel cap work which look like these?

Or will I need one like this?

Mine is the '3 click type'

Thanks...

A
oooh I like both of those but the bottom one looks more classy.
​​​​​The top one looks like it should be fitted to a race car and has had a B stuck on it.
Imo the plastic one as standard is a bit of a disgrace. As is the tiny drain to the filler cap compartment.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:10 PM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Just had to clear my drain out. The water was about 5mm below the neck of the filler!

C

Old 06-13-2021, 12:17 PM
DR3ADKN0T is an unknown quantity at this point
So my fuel cap has a broken teether so its kind of annoying trying to hold it while fueling up. Anyone know what these run? I agree is completely unnecessary but again same could be said about the car itself…… haha.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:20 PM
DR3ADKN0T is an unknown quantity at this point
NVM, I am able to google myself. Wasn’t able to delete other post.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:48 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DR3ADKN0T
NVM, I am able to google myself. Wasn’t able to delete other post.
I know you said never mind, but I thought I would just throw this used for 5 months Jewel cap I saw on eBay for $350, or the new standard cap with strap for $77 also on eBay, out there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Con....m46890.l49286

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Con....m46890.l49286

Johnny

Old 06-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frank ( Sunnyside )
oooh I like both of those but the bottom one looks more classy.
​​​​​The top one looks like it should be fitted to a race car and has had a B stuck on it.
Imo the plastic one as standard is a bit of a disgrace. As is the tiny drain to the filler cap compartment.
​​​​​​Hello @Frank ( Sunnyside ) ,
I just saw this thread, and I agree 100% all around on your comments.
As far as the cap on the top, I believe that is only for the Bentayga, but I could be wrong.

Johnny

Old 06-13-2021, 01:37 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
As far as the cap on the top, I believe that is only for the Bentayga, but I could be wrong.

Johnny
Cheers Johnny.
​​​The thing that annoys me is the size of the drain. Ive had water right over to the top of the filler cap. Luckily it seals well.. Local Bentley opc told be to tear the drain pipe out and let it drain naturally. Seems to work and no sign of water in the rear 1/4 , which was an initial concern.

Old 06-13-2021, 02:37 PM
AlistairD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT

Johnny
Thanks Johnny and Frank - bought a slightly used non-Bentayga one and it fits just fine on the 2010 GT...

A