Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Higher Mileage Bentley GTC problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Higher Mileage Bentley GTC problems

Quick question, anything major against a higher mileage GTC.

Been looking for a while, off and one, but not been able to find the color I wanted. Travel has been killing me. One popped up ~50 miles from the house. No major options but spot on for the color I want. Wife actually pointed it out.

07 GTC but 72,000 miles. Price is very low more then likely I could get the car for 75-77K if I really push on pricing.

I only will drive it 7K miles a year due to my short commute.

I took the day off so I can drive up and take a look. I have seen a few only with 140-150K miles. Other the the massively expensive 100K service is there anything I should look out for.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
As long as she has been factory serviced and checked out you should be fine. With that much mileage if there were any 'growing pains' will obviously be sifted out.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Also looked into aftermarket warranties from private companies. For sure to always check the service records.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
As long as she has been factory serviced and checked out you should be fine. With that much mileage if there were any 'growing pains' will obviously be sifted out.
Factory service and only one owner its whole life, just got back with a clean bill of health from the local Bentley dealership. Just got back after looking at the car its extremely clean other then a very small dent in the front fender that a good PDI guy could get out.

It is a 0 option car though. It has absolutely nothing on it. Its almost like someone came into a dealership and ordered a car as stripped out as you possibly could.

Definitely can get it for 76K. Might even be able to push a little bit more if I needed to.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Quick question, anything major against a higher mileage GTC.

Been looking for a while, off and one, but not been able to find the color I wanted. Travel has been killing me. One popped up ~50 miles from the house. No major options but spot on for the color I want. Wife actually pointed it out.

07 GTC but 72,000 miles. Price is very low more then likely I could get the car for 75-77K if I really push on pricing.

I only will drive it 7K miles a year due to my short commute.

I took the day off so I can drive up and take a look. I have seen a few only with 140-150K miles. Other the the massively expensive 100K service is there anything I should look out for.
WearyMicrobe, is that you? Hot damn, I wondered whatever happened to you. Good going.

I don't know what I am talking about here, but that has never stopped me from expressing my opinion. To me, Bentley or not, a car with very few miles does not mean much. In fact, I would rather have a car that has been exercised regularly and has been maintained on a regular basis than have one that sets idle for extended periods of time. I would think that a Bentley engine would have as good an engine life as any other vehicle. Most vehicles can go far beyond 72k.

I hope it works out for you.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
It is a 0 option car though. It has absolutely nothing on it. Its almost like someone came into a dealership and ordered a car as stripped out as you possibly could.
The basic Bentley has much more going for it that most other cars that are tricked out. My first CGT was pretty spartan in terms of options and it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
WearyMicrobe, is that you? Hot damn, I wondered whatever happened to you. Good going.

I don't know what I am talking about here, but that has never stopped me from expressing my opinion. To me, Bentley or not, a car with very few miles does not mean much. In fact, I would rather have a car that has been exercised regularly and has been maintained on a regular basis than have one that sets idle for extended periods of time. I would think that a Bentley engine would have as good an engine life as any other vehicle. Most vehicles can go far beyond 72k.

I hope it works out for you.
Yeah its me. I am so tired so I don't post much, but just got a monster bonus and pulled some profit out of the market in the last month or so I started looking again.

I did snag another viper in between looking at Bentley's. Sold the Cadillac as well. Need to update my signature. The viper was kind of spur of the moment, good deal my exact specs and local. The IQ was to keep my insurance down a bit.

Short story is I have a buyer on the Prowler picking up this week, need to trade in my IQ. (For the garage space). That would leave me with the Viper as my track car and the Bentley to get back and forth to work. But no small car that I can use everyday.

Taking my wife up to see it tonight she has a better eye for finding defects in cars then I do, I fall in love and then deal with the breakup.

I keep trying to buy an Abarth as daily but every Fiat dealership around me seems to have shoved crayons up their noses after huffing paint and they refuse to deal on the 200+ car they have on the lots. So @#$% um going to DD the Bentley I only drive 7K miles a year anyway.

PS>

Been talking with some of the guys that resell Bentley's and they all seem to think that they are bulletproof as long as you drive them. These guys only see auction cars so a one owner car cannot be any worse than that.

Last edited by WearyMicrobe; 03-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...I fall in love and then deal with the breakup..
That's the only way I buy cars, period. Is there another?

I once bought a Lexus LX570 with 125,000 miles on the clock. Ran just as good as new, but a heck of a lot cheaper. No-one knows but the dealer or someone who peers at the mileage-o-meter. Should be the same with the Bentley... they are quality through and through.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
That's the only way I buy cars, period. Is there another? .
Not really. Called the bank to get a small loan together and by the time I got back to the seller it was gone.

Maybe on the lot 1 day then poof. Guess I need to get this stuff ready in ahead of time.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Not really. Called the bank to get a small loan together and by the time I got back to the seller it was gone.

Maybe on the lot 1 day then poof. Guess I need to get this stuff ready in ahead of time.
That's why they call you WearyMicrobe instead of WireyMicrobe. Next time life deals you four aces, don't try to draw to a royal flush.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
That's why they call you WearyMicrobe instead of WireyMicrobe. Next time life deals you four aces, don't try to draw to a royal flush.
Story of my life. I actually get paid to find ways that things can fail horribly and prepare for that effect. So good deals make me nervous when I cannot see all the variables.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Story of my life. I actually get paid to find ways that things can fail horribly and prepare for that effect. So good deals make me nervous when I cannot see all the variables.
Don't beat yourself up. I admit I was too harsh. I have been dealt four aces many times and tried to draw to a royal flush many times. It takes one to know one.

It takes time to develop the calluses on our brains and in our hearts to act with confidence. The tragedy of life is that judgement comes from experience and the fact is that experience comes from using poor judgement. I think I knew you were going to fu$#k this thing up is when you said that your wife liked the color. You will learn to listen to your heart and more importantly your wife.

You are going to do fine. I am glad you are back.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Don't beat yourself up. I admit I was too harsh. I have been dealt four aces many times and tried to draw to a royal flush many times. It takes one to know one.

It takes time to develop the calluses on our brains and in our hearts to act with confidence. The tragedy of life is that judgement comes from experience and the fact is that experience comes from using poor judgement. I think I knew you were going to fu$#k this thing up is when you said that your wife liked the color. You will learn to listen to your heart and more importantly your wife.

You are going to do fine. I am glad you are back.
Trust me you are not to harsh. . I get razed for this all the time by my family.

Lucky I am in town for a while and there are tons of coupes in my price range. Plus more then a few flying spurs in the low 60's.

I just really wanted/loved the look of a GTC in a dark color with a light interior and no crazy options.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
sonicd0012 is on a distinguished road
Good question, im curious myself

Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
Front shocks will go bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Higher Mileage Bentley GTC problems